|By Dirk Zwart||
|December 13, 2010 02:30 PM EST||
Building on over a decade of success with the database and file utility for the IBM i – Version 3.8 of the award winning Surveyor/400 is now available. Surveyor/400 is a GUI based application running on your desktop computer that makes working with IBM databases, libraries, files, and spool files on the IBM i easy.
Surveyor/400 provides access to the power and stability of the IBM i on the following desktops: Mac OS X, Linux, Unix, and Windows. Work with files and database fields in a rich visual environment or jump to a 5250 green screen from within Surveyor/400.
- New IFS Explorer – Previously, many functions could be performed by browsing the IFS in the main Surveyor/400 window, but the new IFS Explorer allows file lists to be maintained in separate windows for an enhanced folder browsing experience. The IFS Explorer provides easier IFS navigation with a drop-down location bar, familiar forward and back buttons, and file filtering. The ability to transfer IFS files between IBM i systems or a user’s desktop now includes the ability to copy entire folders.
- Data Wizards – Intuitive wizards help create scripts that automate exporting and importing IBM i data. The transfer details are stored in documents called specifications and can be used repeatedly. A new override option gives users the ability to change the source or destination locations without the need to create a new specification when used with the EXPDTA, IMPDTA, and EXPSPL commands.
- File Editor – New alternating row color option to help keep your place while editing fields in a database. Additional options were added to the filter in the File Editor to quickly locate particular fields or show the field names as they are seen in the Layout.
- Export to Excel – Working with existing spreadsheets is even easier in version 3.8. Now data can be appended to an existing Excel spreadsheet or added to a new sheet in an existing file. Surveyor/400 also supports custom headers and footers when creating spreadsheets, reducing the amount of time required to format files before sending.
- Additional IBM i Features – Version 3.8 supports 128-character passwords when sending files via FTP to an IBM i. Surveyor/400 is also up-to-date with support for new V7R1 commands and XML data types.
A complete list of updates and new Surveyor/400 features are available from the Linoma Software Website – www.LinomaSoftware.com.
Linoma Software provides a free single-user license of Surveyor/400 to every company using the IBM i. With its SQL script wizard, file and library browsing options, the ability to convert spool files to custom PDF files, and many user profile security features; Surveyor/400 is the application of choice for hundreds of IT departments and Database teams.
May. 29, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,387
May. 29, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,047
May. 28, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,369
May. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,959
May. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,623
May. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,255
May. 28, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,891
May. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 925
May. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,544
May. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,929
May. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,357
May. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,063
May. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,633
May. 28, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,273
May. 28, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,208
May. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,444
May. 28, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,001
May. 28, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,711
May. 28, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,271
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,255