|By RealWire News Distribution||
|February 29, 2012 09:07 PM EST||
Isilon Systems Founder Sujal Patel Joins Board and Former Isilon Sales Executive Eric Scollard Assumes Leadership of Worldwide Sales
SEATTLE, WA - February 29, 2012 - ExtraHop Networks, the leading provider of network-based application performance management (APM) solutions, today announced that Isilon Systems Founder Sujal Patel has joined the company's Board of Directors, and former Isilon sales executive, Eric Scollard, has been appointed Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales. With the launch of Isilon in 2001, Patel brought groundbreaking technical innovation to the enterprise storage market while Scollard led the Isilon Sales organisation from pre-revenue to nearly $100 million annually. The company's extraordinary growth resulted in the hottest technology IPO of 2006 and helped lay the foundation for a $2.25 billion acquisition by storage industry giant EMC in late 2010. Patel and Scollard come to ExtraHop on the heels of significant corporate growth achievements, including the company's recent EMEA expansion and significant industry innovation recognition.
"Application performance management is at an inflection point," said Patel. "Applications have traditionally been designed for a static datacenter and structured content, leading to an inflexible approach to APM. Today, those critical business applications are developed in a fundamentally different way and deployed across decidedly heterogeneous and dynamic environments. Simply bolting on new technologies to legacy solutions will not solve the problems that are growing in the enterprise datacenter. There is a tremendous opportunity for a completely new approach to APM similar to the way that the scale-out storage architecture we pioneered at Isilon has begun to revolutionise the enterprise storage market. I am very excited to help ExtraHop execute against that vision."
"ExtraHop brings disruptive innovation to APM in much the same way that we at Isilon helped to redefine enterprise storage," said Scollard. "Today's increasingly complex applications demand an APM solution built from the ground up to ensure that business-critical transactions do not fail. Incumbent APM vendors can add on acquired technology, but the fact remains that those core solutions are built on a decades-old technology architecture. ExtraHop's industry-changing approach is the reason Sujal and I joined the company, and we look forward to making big things happen with this exciting technology and team."
ExtraHop saw significant momentum in 2011, gaining traction in the EMEA market, seeing strong sales growth among both new and existing customers, and receiving recognition from Gartner as an APM Innovator. The company doubled its employee headcount and released seven major product enhancements, including a virtual appliance, award-winning Application Inspection Triggers technology, real-time 2048-bit SSL decryption, and real-time protocol analysis for memcached, AMF, Oracle databases, and IBM DB2 databases.
"The valuable experience that Sujal and Eric bring to ExtraHop will help us better understand and anticipate customer needs and optimise the way that we take our products to market," said Jesse Rothstein, ExtraHop co-founder and CEO. "Much as our products are the right solution at the right time for our customers, Sujal and Eric's commitment to our success comes at just the right time in ExtraHop's growth trajectory. I am confident that they will help to maximise the opportunity we have to deliver our unique and highly differentiated network-based APM solutions to customers across the globe."
For more information on ExtraHop Networks, visit www.extrahop.com.
About ExtraHop Networks
ExtraHop Networks is the leading provider of network-based application performance management (APM) solutions. The ExtraHop Application Delivery Assurance system performs the fastest and deepest analysis in the industry, achieving real-time transaction monitoring at speeds up to a sustained 10Gbps in a single appliance and application-level visibility with no agents, configuration, or overhead. The ExtraHop system quickly auto-discovers and auto-classifies applications and devices, delivering immediate value out of the box. ExtraHop Networks provides award-winning solutions to companies across a wide range of industries, including ecommerce, communications, and financial services. The privately held company was founded by engineering veterans from F5 Networks and architects of the BIG-IP v9 product. Follow us on Twitter @ExtraHop. For more information, visit www.extrahop.com.
Ella Thompson / Jo Ashford
Tel: +44 (0)8453 707 024
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1