|By PR Newswire||
|October 29, 2012 07:01 AM EDT||
OCEANPORT, N.J., Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) -- Enterprises today are turning to hardware snapshots to support recovery of critical applications and virtual server environments. However, existing solutions lack the functionality and integration necessary to realize the full benefits of snapshots. To overcome the complexity and limitations of current approaches, and provide faster, more efficient access to data, CommVault today introduced Simpana® IntelliSnap™ Recovery Manager, the industry's first standalone software product for automating snapshot management and application-aware recovery across multiple storage arrays and physical or virtual servers.
Simpana IntelliSnap Recovery Manager offers a point-and-click interface that simplifies management and automates protection of applications from a single console. The lightweight software provides embedded intelligence for granular, rapid recovery of individual files, messages and objects. With application-consistent recovery of data, IntelliSnap Recovery Manager minimizes downtime and enhances productivity, while freeing up IT resources to focus on other priorities.
To meet the demands of today's heterogeneous environments, the Simpana IntelliSnap Recover Manager software supports the industry's broadest selection of storage systems without custom scripting, including systems from Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi Data Systems, HP, IBM, NetApp, and Nimble Storage. IntelliSnap Recovery Manager replaces multiple tools and manual processes, and the breadth of hardware support dramatically improves flexibility, choice and value in storage investments. CommVault continues to expand this growing ecosystem by enabling disk array vendors to integrate their hardware-based snapshots with IntelliSnap technology through the IntelliSnap Connect Program.
Empowering the Channel to Maximize ROI for New and Existing Arrays
CommVault values the strong channel partner ecosystem that brings our solutions to market and is continually working to grow and strengthen it. Simpana IntelliSnap Recovery Manager is a new offering that provides channel partners a way to enhance their solution capabilities to solve data protection and recovery problems by delivering modern snapshot management with new arrays they sell or with existing, supported storage arrays in their customer base.
Maximizing the Value of Snapshots to Keep Your Business Up and Running
- CommVault's IntelliSnap technology ensures that IT organizations, including application, virtualization and storage managers, can perform rapid, granular and consistent recovery of vital VMware and Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and file data through federated search across indexed snapshots.
- Simpana IntelliSnap Recovery Manager provides an excellent entry point to CommVault Simpana 9 software as customers can easily upgrade to the full Simpana software suite once their needs move beyond snapshot management to integrated backup, archive, eDiscovery, replication, and advanced reporting and analytics.
- Available immediately, Simpana IntelliSnap Recovery Manager has an MSRP of $10,000 for up to 25 servers and without capacity limitations.
"Large enterprise organizations with complex storage environments and the solution providers that advise them need holistic snapshot management for instant recovery of applications and data," said David West, senior vice president of worldwide marketing and business development at CommVault. "Simpana IntelliSnap Recovery Manager's ease of use cuts recovery times from hours to minutes and reduces cost by eliminating the clutter that customers often have to face in the administration of snapshots."
"Large server virtualization environments, in particular, have seen a high adoption rate of storage controller snapshots. Many storage system snapshot implementations that are not used in conjunction with additional management modules lack some of the basic features that are taken for granted in a backup application," said Dave Russell, Vice President of Storage Technologies and Strategies at Gartner. "Application integration centralized scheduling and reporting, and an integrated catalog for easy search for individual items and data versioning are prime examples of functions that may be lacking. "Recovery nirvana" would be a blend of the strengths of backup software and the speed, scale and efficiency of platform-based snapshots."
"We serve as a global Center of Excellence for CommVault with a dedicated staff focused on providing training, design, installation, support and maintenance services for customers in nine languages. Our customers need solutions that solve business issues in a cost-effective way," said Louis Gervais, Regional Director Virtual Infrastructure solutions for Compugen. "The geographic and industry diversity of our clientele require us to offer smart technology choices which bring business value, and which are also easy to deploy and manage. Simpana IntelliSnap Recovery Manager's ability to work with heterogeneous platforms allows us to offer best-of-breed technologies knowing that it will work in almost any environment."
"CommVault's IntelliSnap technology makes it easy for us to take advantage of hardware snapshots and quickly restore anything, anywhere across our environment, which is 90 percent virtualized and supports highly critical application servers," said Todd Russell, Lead Network Engineer for Lathrop & Gage LLP. "By replacing our legacy Symantec and other so-called enterprise solutions with CommVault, we greatly improved reliability of our data protection and integrate multiple snapshot management solutions into one. We now have the ability to automatically snapshot all our tier-one applications on our EMC SAN, including crucial systems that drive our law-firm operations."
"Snapshots and rapid recovery play a major role in modern data protection infrastructures and Simpana IntelliSnap Recovery Manager will significantly speed up snapshot adoption as it brings simplicity and standardization to this market," said Marcus Schneider, head of product development group, Storage, Fujitsu Technology Solutions. "This new tool will add further integration capabilities to our ETERNUS DX range of Arrays and we believe it will bring significant value to our customers as we work with CommVault to drive this initiative further."
IntelliSnap Recovery Manager will allow us to enhance the functionality of existing data protection systems by delivering the benefits of fast and easy application recovery in physical and virtual environments," said Evan Duryea, Director, Thomas Duryea. "We believe IntelliSnap Recovery Manager will improve both recovery point objective and recovery time objective by running application-consistent snapshots hourly rather than daily. Ultimately, it will assist Thomas Duryea to better service our customer's need to reduce recovery windows whilst maximizing current infrastructure investments."
- IntelliSnap Recovery Manager
- More on the CommVault IntelliSnap Connect Program
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software
- Become a CommVault Reseller
- More on CommVault virtual server protection
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
- Join CommVault PartnerAdvantage on LinkedIn
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1