|By Business Wire||
|October 31, 2012 10:10 AM EDT||
ScaleMP™, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced its participation at the 2012 International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC12) taking place November 10-16 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. ScaleMP will be exhibiting in booth #3425, demonstrating the newest version of its server virtualization for aggregation software platform, vSMP Foundation 5.0. This new release broadens the environments and infrastructure where vSMP Foundation can clearly show cost savings over proprietary, closed solutions.
During SC12, ScaleMP will be showcasing its vSMP Foundation product line in the company’s partner booths:
- AMD (booth #2019) - Find out how a virtual SMP can protect your investment by running a single operating system across a system with both AMD Opteron 6200 series processors and the next-generation AMD Opteron processors based on the core architecture codenamed “Piledriver”.
- IBM (booth #1018) - Discover how ScaleMP is working with IBM to offer a very large memory application - enabling a 4 socket system to grow up to 7.5 TB of memory. Also, see how vSMP Foundation for Cloud is being integrated with the IBM Platform HPC.
- Intel (booth #2601) - See how vSMP Foundation makes transitioning to the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor transparent.
ScaleMP experts will also be presenting in the following booths together with its partners:
- Appro (booth#2443) - See how customers are using vSMP Foundation to create systems capable of analyzing extremely large datasets.
- Fujitsu (booth #1709) - Learn how ScaleMP is working with Fujitsu to bring virtualized SMPs to the Fujitsu product line.
- Intel (booth #2601) - Learn how the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor is virtualized to create a powerful, virtual SMP. Shai Fultheim, CEO and founder of ScaleMP will be speaking in the Intel booth theater on Wednesday, November 14 at 10:15 AM.
- SUSE (booth #4827) - See how vSMP Foundation works with SUSE to deliver virtual SMPs running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
ScaleMP will also be presenting at the SC12 Exhibitors Forum - hear more about the upcoming release of vSMP Foundation updates on Wednesday, November 14 at 10:30 AM in Room 155-C.
Selected ScaleMP customers and partners will be presenting their experience using vSMP Foundation in ScaleMP’s booth. Among them:
- Aachen University
- Ghent University
ScaleMP will also be presenting the latest capabilities of vSMP Foundation 5.0.
“We are extremely pleased to have been selected to be in so many of our partners booths at SC12. This shows how valuable vSMP Foundation is for our partners offerings to a wide range of customers,” said Shai Fultheim, CEO and founder of ScaleMP. “We continue to see demand from customers to be able to create large scale virtual-machines (VMs) driven by the need to reduce compute time, analyze more data, and save software license costs.”
About vSMP Foundation
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple industry-standard off-the-shelf x86 servers into a single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
- Up to 256 TB of shared memory for large memory requirements;
- Up to 32,768 cores virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth;
- Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for clusters coupled with simplified storage architecture;
- On-demand SMP with support for most common provisioning systems, allowing for increased datacenter utilization with consolidated architecture;
For more information on vSMP Foundation please visit http://www.scalemp.com/products.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). The innovative Versatile SMP™ (vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple independent systems into a single virtual system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit http://www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,640
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,584
Sep. 27, 2016 12:26 PM EDT Reads: 112
Sep. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,539
Sep. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 192
Sep. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,182
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,845
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,053
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,482
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,780
Sep. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,724
Sep. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,919
Sep. 27, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,995
Sep. 27, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 957
Sep. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,597
Sep. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,712
Sep. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,190
Sep. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,870
Sep. 27, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,170
Sep. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,047