|By Marketwired .||
|November 7, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/12 -- VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced Socialcast® by VMware has been recognized as a "Leader" in the latest IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Social Software 2012 Vendor Analysis (doc #237336, October 2012). The report from IDC* highlights VMware's leadership position in the enterprise social software segment and validates the company's strategy around business system integrations, mobile capabilities, analytics and providing real business value for customers.
According to the report, Socialcast integration capabilities, mobile access options, and multiple options for accessing Socialcast communities, including desktop and Outlook connectors, all contributed to the Leadership ranking. As mentioned in the IDC report, "the ability to link business systems and services together in a secure but open application framework has given Socialcast a leadership position."
"Social capabilities impact the way work gets done and will eventually touch the entire application portfolio in some way," said Vanessa Thompson, research manager for IDC's Enterprise Social Networks and Collaborative Technologies. "As the enterprise social market matures, leaders in the space will enable enterprise social networks that help users access information in real time and in context, and add value to existing business systems by socially enabling business processes."
The current capabilities of Socialcast along with the potential for workflow, content and social experience integrations and the VMware partner, channel and product ecosystem will allow Socialcast to displace standalone enterprise social software players.
"Socialcast has focused on executing a vision for how social will change the way we work, and built an enterprise platform to integrate social across the enterprise, accessible by any device," said Tim Young, VP of social enterprise at VMware and founder of Socialcast. "Being recognized as a leader by IDC validates our strategy and recognizes the ability of VMware to lead this fundamental shift in the way we get work done."
The announcement comes as Socialcast adoption among enterprise companies across all industries continues to grow. Newly announced Socialcast customers include minerals and mining leader Boart Longyear, financial analytics company FactSet, publishing house Archant, and financial services company HCI Capital. These companies have all selected Socialcast for their enterprise social networks. They join existing Socialcast customers including industry leaders such Philips and Humana. To see more, visit: www.Socialcast.com/customers
"With Socialcast we're able to connect more than 20,000 employees and it's become integrated across our company and a key element of how we communicate today," said Jeff Ross, community manager at Humana. "Our team looked at all the tools available in the enterprise social network space and for best of breed functionality and features, offering an on-premise option for security purposes and value Socialcast was the best option."
- The IDC report and Marketscape Graphic are available at www.Socialcast.com
- More information is available at blog.socialcast.com
- Follow Socialcast on Twitter and join the conversation on Socialcast's Facebook page
- Start a free Socialcast private network today at www.Socialcast.com/free50
* IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Social Software 2012 Vendor Analysis (IDC #237336) October 2012
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2011 revenues of $3.77 billion, VMware has more than 400,000 customers and 55,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, and Socialcast are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding expectations for the growth of Socialcast, the potential for workflow, content and social experience integrations, the adoption of Socialcast by VMware partner, channel and product ecosystems, the potential for Socialcast to displace standalone enterprise social software players and VMware's strategy around business system integrations, mobile capabilities and analytics. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) priorities, delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into the enterprise social software market, and new product and marketing initiatives by our competitors; (iv) our customers' ability to develop, and to transition to, new products and computing strategies such as enterprise social software; (v) the uncertainty of customer acceptance of emerging technology; (vi) rapid technological and market changes in mobile computing; (vii) changes to product development timelines; (viii) VMware's ability to protect its proprietary technology; and (ix) VMware's ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. VMware assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Emulex Announces Next Generation of High Performance PCI Express 3.0 EndaceDAG Data Capture Cards for Network Monitoring Applications
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Lenovo buys IBM's xSeries aka x86 server business, what about EMC?
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1