|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 10:30 AM EST||
DUESSELDORF, Germany and FRANKFURT, Germany, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Havas Worldwide Duesseldorf combined with HAVAS Media Frankfurt (MPG) were the successful bidders of a public tender launched by the European Central Bank in Frankfurt in July 2011. The agencies have been commissioned to provide a pan-European information campaign for the launch of the second series of euro banknotes in the 17 countries of the European Union that adopted the euro. Havas Worldwide will be the lead agency for all communication disciplines including TV, print, outdoor, radio, online advertising, direct marketing, microsites, PR and events while MPG will look after the media budget across Europe.
"This is an extremely important and significant task and one we are honored and delighted to be handling. It's also an extremely important and significant win that is a direct result of Havas' strategy and unique integrated structure combining digital, creative and media under one brand name and one roof in our major centres around the world," said Havas CEO David Jones.
Andreas Geyr, CEO Europe commented: "The win of this significant client for Havas Worldwide is another milestone in the agency's success story. It also endorses HAVAS' strategy of making Germany into a European hub alongside France and the UK as well as the power of integrating all disciplines including media planning and buying and digital. We are very proud to have won one of the most important and comprehensive pitches of the year and we very much look forward to working together."
Alfonso Rodes Vila, CEO of HAVAS Media: "We are very happy and very proud to announce that MPG/HAVAS Media is the new media agency of the European Central Bank. Being a truly European agency network, we are very honored by the decision of ECB and are looking forward to working together with our sister network HAVAS Worldwide to ensure a fully integrated communication strategy for the ECB campaign. Our thanks and congratulations go the team of MPG Germany who have been leading this pitch with excellent support from all our markets, which made this pitch a fantastic experience and success for our network. "
The pitch was led by Andreas Geyr and Christian Claus (MD Business Development Europe and COO Germany).
From now on client operations will be supervised by a pan-European leadership team representing all involved agencies and communication disciplines, consisting of Havas Worldwide Duesseldorf for mass media communication, Havas Worldwide Paris (headed by Julien Carette) for PR/Press and Events, Havas Worldwide Digital for the multilingual microsite and Havas Worldwide Amsterdam for Online Communication. The team will be headed by Guido Koerfer (Director Client Services) who is the Dedicated Project Manager for the client together with the CCO's Felix Glauner and Darren Reynoldson who will supervise the campaign throughout all disciplines.
Havas (Euronext Paris: HAV.PA) is a global advertising and communications services group. Headquartered in Paris, Havas operates through its two Business Units, Havas Creative and HAVAS Media, in order to optimize synergies and further reinforce Havas' position as the most integrated of all of the major holding companies.
Havas Creative incorporates the Havas Worldwide (www.havasworldwide.com) network - formerly Euro RSCG Worldwide) - (316 offices in 75 countries), the Arnold (www.arn.com) micronetwork (16 agencies in 15 countries on 5 continents) as well as other agencies with strong local identities.
HAVAS Media (www.havasmedia.com) operates in over 100 countries and incorporates the MPG, Arena Media, Havas Sports & Entertainment and Havas Digital networks.
A multicultural and decentralized Group, Havas is present in more than 75 countries through its networks of agencies and contractual affiliations. The Group offers a broad range of communications services, including traditional advertising, direct marketing, media planning and buying, corporate communications, sales promotion, design, human resources, sports marketing, multimedia interactive communications and public relations. Havas employs approximately 15,000 people. Further information about Havas is available on the company's website: www.havas.com
About Havas Worldwide
Havas Worldwide, formerly known as Euro RSCG Worldwide, is a leading integrated marketing communications agency and was the first agency to be named Global Agency of the Year by both Advertising Age and Campaign in the same year. The Havas Worldwide Network is made up of 11,000 employees in 120 cities and 75 countries, with 316 offices and provides advertising, marketing, corporate communications, and digital and social media solutions to clients, including Air France, BNP Paribas, Citigroup, Danone Group, IBM, Kraft Foods, Lacoste, Merck, Pernod Ricard, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Reckitt Benckiser, Sanofi, and Volvo. Headquartered in New York, Havas Worldwide is the largest unit of the Havas group, a world leader in communications (Euronext Paris SA: HAV.PA).
Havas Global Communications:
Communications Director, Havas Group
Tel : +33 (0)1 58 47 90 36
Havas Worldwide Paris :
PR Officer, Havas Worldwide Paris
Tel : +33 (0)1 58 47 95 26
Havas Worldwide Europe :
Tel : +49 211 9916 303
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1