|By Business Wire||
|November 14, 2012 10:00 AM EST||
Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT), The BIRT Company™ – delivering more insights to more people than all BI companies combined – today announced that it has recognized two customers: North Star BlueScope Steel (NSBSL), and Access Data (Broadridge Financial), with 2012 Actuate Excellence Awards for their implementations of ActuateOne® with BIRT, and of BIRT Performance Analytics.
North Star BlueScope Steel (NSBSL) Recognized in the “BIRT Implementation” Category, for Streamlining Multiple Interfaces into a Single BI Visualization Framework to Drive Operational Improvement on All Levels
NSBSL won for their implementation of ActuateOne with BIRT, to support replacement of their multiple, disparate reporting solutions with a single, standard BI framework. ActuateOne provided value-added functionality that NSBSL needed to make that transition, including the ability to retrieve data from any source, no matter how large. Another factor in the decision to choose Actuate was the ability to leverage NSBSL’s existing investment with IBM Maximo through seamless integration via BIRT.
“When I saw a demo of the tools Actuate provided, I knew right away it would help us increase the visibility of our essential operations and help the management team run the business with improved operational efficiency and agility,” said Miguel Alvarez, NSBSL President. “This had become a top priority for our development staff.”
ActuateOne, with its ease of use and virtually unlimited extensibility for collaboration, allows NSBSL to provide operational information to all 350 employees as well as to customers, vendors and suppliers, making visualizations and performance dashboards available to everyone from any interface.
Access Data Recognized for OEM Implementation of ActuateOne with BIRT
Access Data, a Broadridge Financial Solutions (NYSE: BR) company, and a long-time customer of Actuate, won an award in the “BIRT OEM Implementation” category, for the implementation of ActuateOne v11 with BIRT embedded as part of their SalesVision® platform, an enterprise data management and reporting solution. The features of ActuateOne allowed Access Data to offer asset managers and financial intermediaries the ability to personalize their own reports with exactly the capabilities they want. Access Data’s SalesVision automates the collection of mutual fund transactions across all distribution channels and delivers consistent, reliable and timely information from one data source.
“Having partnered with Actuate for years, we quickly realized that the enhanced visualization features of ActuateOne with BIRT would allow us to offer our customers the interactive reporting capabilities they were asking for,” said Mike Bryan, Development Manager, at Access Data.
Winners of the Actuate Excellence awards were honored this morning in New York City, at ActuateOne Live! 2012 – Actuate’s annual industry event. Join the conversation on Twitter: #A1Live.
Actuate founded and co-leads the BIRT open source project, which is used by over 2 million developers around the globe and serves as the foundation of the ActuateOne® platform. Applications built on ActuateOne deliver more business and consumer insights to more people than all BI companies combined - ensuring organizations are ready for the exponential growth of Big Data and the proliferation of touch devices.
The ActuateOne platform empowers developers to rapidly develop custom, BIRT-based business analytics and customer communications applications. ActuateOne applications built with one BIRT design can access and integrate any data, including unstructured sources. They provide one user experience regardless of skill level and are supported by one platform for any cloud, hybrid, on-premise, web or touch device deployment.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Actuate has over 5,000 customers globally in a diverse range of business areas including financial services, technology and the public sector. Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BIRT. For more information, visit www.actuate.com or engage with the BIRT community at www.birt-exchange.com.
Copyright © 2012 Actuate Corporation. All rights reserved. Actuate, ActuateOne, and the Actuate logo are registered trademarks of Actuate Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between Actuate and any other company. All other brands, names or trademarks mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1