|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 07:10 AM EST||
SANFORD, ME -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- As a leading provider of flow-based network traffic monitoring and threat detection technology, Plixer International, Inc. today announced that Michael Patterson, Plixer's CEO, will host a complimentary webcast titled, "VMware ESX Traffic Monitoring and Threat Detection." The online event will be held Thursday, November 29th, 2012, 10am (ET) and 4pm (ET).
The educational Plixer webcast will offer insight and guidelines for leveraging flow exports to improve application performance monitoring, as well as best practices for performing an additional layer of network threat detection. Additionally, the webcast will demonstrate enhanced metrics designed to empower IT teams with in-depth details in such areas as:
- Application performance baselines with latency and packet loss metrics
- Monitoring and reporting cloud services on the users experiencing poor connection times
- Information availability natively from the ESX core package
- Monitoring to ensure virtual applications/workloads are isolated from one another
- Securing multitenant virtual environments
- Tips for ESX server monitoring in vSwitch and Cisco Nexus 1000v environments
"For years, VMware has supported NetFlow v5 -- and now with its vSphere v5.1 version, VMware offers support for IPFIX and export support for IPv6 and the new VXLAN technology for software defined networking," explains Michael Patterson, CEO, Plixer International, and author of the newly released book "Unleashing the Power of NetFlow and IPFIX." "IT professionals at organizations must be aware that monitoring business applications running on ESX require special considerations."
According to Forrester Consulting's Forrsights Hardware Survey, in 2013, 74% of x86 server OS instances will be operating as virtual servers rather than directly on server hardware. The survey indicates that "29% of the North American organizations surveyed by Forrester Consulting identified the overall state of security of virtual systems (as well as the compliance issues associated with those systems) as a major concern about future server virtualization deployments."
Register to view the webcast: http://www.plixer.com/About/webinars.html
Download a free trial of Plixer's Scrutinizer for NetFlow traffic analysis or schedule a live demo by calling: (207) 324-8805 or via email at email@example.com. For more NetFlow insight, follow Plixer International on their Blog, Twitter, Facebook or join NetFlow Developments Group on LinkedIn.
About Plixer International, Inc.
Plixer International, Inc. develops and markets network traffic monitoring and analysis tools to the global market. All of the tools are built from the ground up with valuable feature sets and ease of use in mind. Plixer tools have been used to analyze and troubleshoot irregular traffic patterns by IT professionals with some of the largest networks in the world, such as CNN, The Coca-Cola Company, Lockheed Martin, IBM, Regal Cinemas, Raytheon, and Eddie Bauer.
For product and sales information, contact Plixer International, Inc. at 207.324.8805, or visit http://www.plixer.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2155111
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2155113
BridgeViewMarketing (for Plixer International, Inc.)
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1