|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
JAKARTA, Indonesia and ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced HSBC-owned Bank Ekonomi Raharja (BER), one of Indonesia's leading financial institutions, has upgraded its core banking system with IBM Power Systems servers and enterprise-level IBM System Storage DS8700 products. BER's new infrastructure enables the bank to streamline its businesses processes and expand its services to meet the demands of a rapidly growing customer base.
Indonesia, with an estimated population of 240 million people, is the world's fourth most populous nation and is one of the fastest growing economies in Asia.
BER, acquired by HSBC Holdings in 2009, turned to IBM earlier this year to put in place a high performance and flexible technology infrastructure to help meet its evolving needs.
"BER recognizes the role of technology in transforming operations and enabling growth," said Endy Abdurrahman, Credit and Operational Risk Director Bank Ekonomi. "This key improvement in our IT infrastructure will strengthen our business performance, which in turn will help us provide advanced client service as well as adhere to compliance regulations. Specifically, the capabilities of IBM Power Systems and the DS8700 enterprise storage products support our growth plans and helps us drive efficiencies while enhancing client service."
IBM maintains a strong presence in Indonesia with nine branches, including the recently announced branch office in Bandung.
Suryo Suwignjo, President Director of IBM Indonesia, said, "The new infrastructure in place enables BER to improve access to financial services for rural households and businesses and to bring innovative services such as mobile and online banking to remote regions of Indonesia, including populations currently not served."
Under the agreement signed in June, IBM provided and implemented a solution consisting of IBM Power 770 and Power 750 systems, together with the DS8700 enterprise storage and i-HA clustering.
Headquartered in Jakarta, BER employs over 2600 employees in 97 offices in 29 cities.
For more information about IBM Smarter Computing, including Power Systems servers and DS8000 series storage products, visit: www.ibm.com/smartercomputing.
For more information about IBM Systems and Storage visit www.ibm.com/systems.
IBM Indonesia Media Relations
+ 62 0815 1600 446
IBM Media Relations, Growth Markets
+43 121145 4083
IBM Media Relations
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1