|By Bob Gourley||
|November 26, 2012 09:03 PM EST||
The first annual Government Information and Analytics Summit will be held 28-29 November in DC, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
I’ll be speaking in a session on the government use of big data. With me at the session will be my friend and a great CTO, Gus Hunt of the CIA. We have an interesting and dynamic session planned, and if we are lucky we will be joined by folks from the office that won the 2012 Government Big Data Solutions Award (no promises on that yet, but we are working hard to make that happen).
I hope to see you at this event. We expect many of the great champions from the government IT ecosystem to be present as attendees and/or speakers. And some of the greatest Big Data firms in America will be on the expo floor.
To register with a discount visit: www.govinfosummit.com and use the discount code: FOSE
Here is more on the event:
BIG Data & The BIG Dilemma!
The new Government Information and Analytics Summit (GIAS) will provide a full spectrum of education to manage, analyze, and extract value from big data to improve mission delivery. GIAS brings together thought leaders in government IT to share critical education, insights, and proven strategies in 5 robust educational tracks including:
- Big Data/Big Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence [BI]
- Knowledge Management
- Records & Information Management
- Information Sharing
FREE EXPO: Evaluate the latest technology solutions before investing
Tour the shared exhibit hall and you’ll find some of the biggest names in government IT like IBM, Acxiom and more waiting to build a customized solution that fits your agency’s needs. Attend free solution sessions in the shared exhibit hall, a networking reception, and receive complimentary access to the 10th Annual Enterprise Architecture Conference expo. See what else is included in your full conference pass here.
FREE Keynotes, November 28
With the fiscal cliff and sequestration on the horizon, we know budgets will be hit hard. Don’t miss out on hearing from free keynotes : “Chief Change-Maker”, David Wennergren, Deputy Chief Management Officer, DoD and Sam Kalbag, CTO, Autonomy federal.
CTO Views on Government Big Data and the Top Five Big Data Solutions of 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
11:00 AM – 12:15 PM
Join Gus Hunt, CIA CTO, and Bob Gourley in a discussion of lessons learned and approaches to Big Data which can inform any agency moving to architectures of more actionable analysis over large data sets.
This discussion will be followed by the announcement of the 2012 Government Big Data Solutions Award winner. The competition for the 2012 Government Big Data Solutions Award drew nominations from across the federal enterprise. Candidates had to showcase solutions that leverage new architectures to meet challenges in agency missions. Bob Gourley will present an overview of the award nominees and overall winner.
- See how other agencies are using big data to meet mission demands.
- Identify possible big data solutions that might apply to your agency.
- Review tools being used in other agencies.
Chief Technology Officer for the Chief Information Officer
Central Intelligence Agency
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1