|By Business Wire||
|December 3, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
Pica8, Inc., the leader in open networking for software defined networks (SDN), today announced it has added three executives to lead sales and development teams in North America and Asia Pacific. By naming Henry Pan, vice president of Asia Pacific sales and operations, Matt Hammel, who is leading North American sales and David Liu as chief architect, Pica8 adds significant software, data center and networking experience to its management team.
Henry Pan leads Pica8 sales and operations in Asia Pacific, bringing more than 15 years of global data center sales experience. Prior to Pica8, Pan was director of sales at device maker Quanta. He holds a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Hawaii.
Matt Hammel is leading North American sales and provides Pica8 with deep data center expertise, holding similar management positions at IBM, Blade Network Technologies, Woven Systems, and Rackable Systems. Matt earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Tulsa.
As chief architect, David Liu will bring an extensive software and service provider background to Pica8’s open architecture development, which will develop practical use cases, solutions and applications that lessen the complexities of operating in the cloud. David held software management positions previously with Cortina Systems, Ericsson and Lantern Communications. He holds a MS in Computer Science at the University of Michigan.
“As more data centers, portal and service providers recognize the value of SDN, we believe that Pica8 is well positioned to provide a compelling solution to the marketplace,” said James Liao, CEO and co-founder. “With the addition of Henry, Matt and David to our management team, I’m very confident that we have the best team possible to execute on our objectives in 2013 and beyond.”
About Pica8, Inc.
Since 2009, Pica8 has been fulfilling the promise of true software defined networking (SDN) by providing the world’s first open, hardware-independent switching system. Pica8 open switches transform the data center by decoupling hardware from software. This new approach provides greater flexibility and adaptability, all while driving down implementation- and management-related costs of cloud and virtualized applications. For more information, visit www.pica8.com.
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1