|By Gilad Parann-Nissany||
|December 4, 2012 10:51 AM EST||
This article will walk you through the steps required to deploy a new Porticor VM in IBM PureSystems.
First, a word about prerequisites.
- For production, we recommend to allocate the VM 4GB of memory. For testing (except for performance benchmarking), 1GB should be sufficient.
- Make sure the VM is created on a network where it has outbound Internet connectivity. This is required so that the VM can connect to the Porticor Virtual Key Management service.
Ready to go? Here are the deployment steps:
- Download the Porticor virtual application for IBM PureSystems, (Please contact us for the Porticor for IBM PureSystems image).
- Use the IBM PureSystems web interface to deploy the Porticor application.
- Ensure that the Porticor Virtual Appliance is deployed with a local network address (either a static address from the IP pool or using DHCP). It is sometimes convenient for the address to persist across reboots, but it’s not a requirement, because of the persistent DNS address that we assign to the Porticor Virtual appliance during deployment.
- Once the VM has been created, start it, wait until you can see its IP address and then access the URL: https://VM-address/ (note the use of HTTPS, and change the URL for the IP address of the newly created Porticor Virtual Appliance).
- You are now redirected to the Porticor management application at pvkm.porticor.com, see screenshot below.
- If you are an existing Porticor customer, sign in using your Porticor credentials (the highlighted line at the top of the page); otherwise fill in the registration form here.
- Follow the short wizard to activate your new Porticor Virtual Appliance.
When you have a working appliance, you’d probably want to set up an encrypted disk:
- Create a new disk on the PureSystems console and attach it to the appliance.
- Back on the appliance’s management GUI, press “Rescan Disk Volumes”. You should see the new disk.
- Use the GUI to expose the disk to your application, as iSCSI, NFS or a Windows share.
Sep. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 439
Sep. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,945
Sep. 27, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,032
Sep. 27, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,225
Sep. 27, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,144
Sep. 27, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,853
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,564
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,198
Sep. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,660
Sep. 27, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,024
Sep. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 312
Sep. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,769
Sep. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,601
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,765
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,694
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,278
Sep. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,718
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,603
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,669
Sep. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,229