|By Marketwired .||
|January 15, 2013 08:55 AM EST||
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- CounterPath (TSX:CCV)(NASDAQ:CPAH), a leading developer of award-winning desktop, tablet and mobile VoIP software products and solutions, today announced its Bria mobile softphone application is the core technology behind Tornado, Optima Telekom's new OTT VoIP service. Optima Telekom is Croatia's second largest telecommunications provider serving the needs of consumer and business customers, including IBM, Proctor & Gamble and McDonald's.
Tornado enables Optima Telekom subscribers to stay connected with friends, family or colleagues whether they are in Croatia or abroad. Users are able to call any fixed or mobile number device at a fixed rate thus reducing costly roaming charges and unnecessary billing surprises. Tornado is currently available for Android and iOS smartphones via 3G/4G or Wi-Fi networks. In addition to voice calls, Tornado also supports video calls, instant messaging and presence.
"CounterPath is recognized as a quality brand renowned for producing quality and reliable VoIP software solutions," said Goran Jovicic, CTO at Optima Telekom. "The Bria softphone exceeded our requirements regarding security, stability and flexibility. We are very pleased to have chosen CounterPath as our solutions provider."
"This partnership highlights CounterPath's ability to develop unique solutions for all sizes of operators," said Todd Carothers, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Products at CounterPath. "The Tornado service demonstrates the versatility of Bria as we developed a completely customized and tailored softphone solution that met the specific needs of Optima Telekom and their customers."
CounterPath is a global leader in softphone technology with millions of endpoints sold. With the largest list of interoperability with IP PBXs and SIP-based network infrastructure softswitches, Bria is built toward industry standards with proven multimedia technology that provides a high-quality, unified communications experience and voice and video calls over fixed, mobile and Wi-Fi broadband networks. Bria's ability to switch seamlessly between mobile and Wi-Fi networks gives businesses new options for "always on" connectivity while realizing cost savings through free Wi-Fi networks.
CounterPath's standards based VoIP softphones are changing the face of telecommunications. The BYOD VoIP favorite, Bria softphone for mobile devices and desktop, together with the company's easy-to-use client management, provisioning and configuration server enables enterprises, service providers, and OEMs around the globe to offer a seamless and unified communications experience across both fixed and mobile networks. Standards-based, cost-effective and reliable, CounterPath's award-winning solutions power voice, video, messaging, and presence that empower customers such as Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, Verizon, BT, Mobilkom Austria, NTT, Rogers, Avaya, BroadSoft, Cisco Systems, GENBAND, Metaswitch Networks, Mitel and NEC.
For more information about CounterPath's Bria softphone applications and CCS solutions, visit: www.counterpath.com/products.
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1