|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 12:39 AM EST||
NEW DELHI, January 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Validate and Certify Your Profile With the new Profile Endorsements Feature on TimesJobs.com That Enhances and Updates Your Profile With LinkedIn Data and Facebook References
What do Scott Thompson of Yahoo, David Edmonson of Radio Shack, Rob Kalin of Etsy, Marilee Jones of MIT, Ronald Zarrella of Bausch & Lomb, Jeff Papows of Lotus Corp., have in common?
They are high profile professionals who "creatively enhanced" their resumes over the years - and then paid a dreadful price.
The most well-known fall from grace due to resume fraud last year was Scott Thompson, Yahoo's ex-CEO. The former president of PayPal graduated from Stonehill College in Massachusetts with a degree in accounting - but he also claimed he had a degree in computer science. Turns out the college didn't offer that degree until several years after Thompson claimed he earned his!
Nowadays, with a competitive job market and fewer jobs, recruiters are taking extra precautions against resume fraud, and this is where a validated profile gives the jobseeker that extra edge in clinching that interview call.
Why seek endorsement?
Endorsements add credibility to the candidate's profile, and research has shown that 86% recruiters prefer endorsed profiles over non-endorsed profiles. Here is the feedback receieved from recruiters:
A Connected Profile is an Active Profile - The jobseeker is seen as having an active interest in his career
An Updated Profile is a Useful Profile - As LinkedIn information is systematically updated to the profile it helps the jobseeker maintain freshness and recency.
A Verified Profile is a Valid Profile - When qualifications, and work experiences are verified by classmates, peers, colleagues and bosses - it ensures the reputation of the candidate
"Vetting a candidate thoroughly is costly and time consuming, but it is worthwhile for the long-term health of the organization. TimesJobs.com profile endorsements provides significant reliability and value to resumes," explains Avnish Anand, Product Head of TimesJobs.com.
So, use the power of your social connections in getting a job of your choice. Get your profile endorsed today!
Watch this video to understand the endorsement process. It's easy and very quick. -
TimesJobs.com, a key job portal of India, is one of the best-selling online ventures of the Times of India Group.
Conceived and launched in 2004, TimesJobs.com currently has a candidate database of more than 20 million registered jobseekers across levels and functions who clock-in over 40 million page views a month.
Well known for its product innovations and unmatched deliverables, TimesJobs.com has also pioneered the concepts of 'Job Fairs', 'Dial BPO jobs' RAI.TimesJobs.com, TechGig.com, Step Ahead, JobBuzz and a lot more.
TimesJobs.com serves a corporate customer base of more than 25,000 clients from across the globe. It has been serving clients like HCL, IBM, Yamaha, Godrej, HSBC, Mahindra, Bajaj Allianz, TCS, Thomson Reuters to name a few.
Primary Media Contact: Aseem Seth, email@example.com, 91-9910273367
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1