|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 08:04 AM EST||
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Vision Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of information availability software and services with more than 25,000 customers running Windows, Linux, IBM Power Systems and Cloud Computing environments, today announced the latest release of iTERA Availability for IBM i. Version 6.1 provides significant new features and enhancements that deliver faster replication, stronger audit technology and simpler installation, configuration and control.
iTERA Availability 6.1 is the latest version of the product previously branded as iTERA HA. It provides businesses with the ability to virtually eliminate both planned and unplanned downtime by maintaining a secondary system that is kept up to date in real time. The updated version of iTERA Availability delivers enterprise-level audit technology and simplified installation for both small and mid-size markets.
Highlights of the new version of iTERA Availability include:
- Enhanced auditing - Comprehensive auditing with self-healing ensures data integrity and worry-free role swaps. Enhanced audit technology in iTERA Availability 6.1 provides significantly increased audit performance, enhanced file and IFS data auditing, and expanded audit coverage. New reporting features give visibility into queued and active audits, previous audit results and repair history.
- Increased replication performance - iTERA Availability 6.1 fully leverages IBM's proven Remote Journaling technology to deliver even faster, more resilient communication between production and backup systems. iTERA Availability's replication is tuned to maximize performance and minimize recovery time.
- Faster virtual role swap recovery - iTERA Availability customers rely on virtual role swap tests to verify their readiness for worry free failover. iTERA Availability 6.1 delivers quicker recovery from a virtual role swap, allowing customers to quickly resynchronize their backup system after testing for high availability readiness, even in high transaction environments.
- Streamlined installation and simplified configuration - With a wizard-based, streamlined process for both new installs and upgrades, iTERA Availability 6.1 provides consistency in install size and install time. With version 6.1, iTERA Availability users can also install or upgrade all logical partitions simultaneously.
- Consolidated configuration panel - Along with expanded on-line help, the iTERA Availability 6.1 user interface includes a new consolidated configuration panel that makes it easier to manage configuration settings. The new panel consolidates more than 200 unique policies to provide easier look-up of policy settings and visibility into configuration values.
Alan Arnold, executive vice president and chief technology officer, Vision Solutions:
"The latest version of iTERA Availability demonstrates our continued commitment to providing businesses of all sizes with the best solutions for availability and data protection. With iTERA Availability 6.1, we are providing small and mid-size companies that rely on the IBM i platform with best-of-breed availability for their critical applications. We continually deliver high levels of innovation and support in order to provide customers with the highest possible levels of business continuity."
Jim Marshall, Systems Administrator, ABM Industries Inc.:
"Our goal at ABM Industries is to automate our HA and minimize daily housekeeping. The new audit technology available in iTERA Availability 6.1 is user friendly, and the reporting tool has been very useful in identifying any issues. Both help us meet our goal."
- Vision Solutions website: www.visionsolutions.com
- MIMIX Availability for IBM i: http://www.visionsolutions.com/Products/High-Availability-iTera-HA.aspx
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/VSI_Power
About Vision Solutions
Vision Solutions, Inc. is the world's leading provider of information availability software and services for Windows, Linux, IBM Power Systems and Cloud Computing markets. Vision's trusted Double-Take®, MIMIX® and iTERA high availability and disaster recovery brands support business continuity, satisfy compliance requirements and increase productivity in physical and virtual environments. Affordable and easy-to-use, Vision products are backed by worldwide 24X7 customer support centers and a global partner network that includes IBM, HP, Microsoft, VMware and Dell. Privately held by Thoma Bravo, Vision Solutions is headquartered in Irvine, California, USA with offices worldwide. For more information, visit visionsolutions.com or follow us on Twitter @VSI_Power, or on other popular social networks.
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1