|By Business Wire||
|January 17, 2013 09:10 AM EST||
Molex Incorporated continues to meet the needs of today’s design engineers by developing products that provide not only the highest signal speeds and integrity on the market, but also offer flexibility and scalability for next-generation system architectures. Molex will showcase its expertise in various forums at DesignCon 2013, January 28 – 31, 2013, Santa Clara, CA, including several technical paper presentations and ongoing solution demonstrations and product displays in booth 109.
Technical Paper Presentations
Each of these three 40-minute sessions highlights specific Molex technical and application expertise:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 9:20 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Ballroom H: Molex experts Gregory Fitzgerald, senior signal integrity engineer; Munawar Ahmad, principal engineer; Mark Bugg, project engineer and Michael Rost, project electrical engineer will discuss skew in twinax cables and its significance in next-generation differential signalling. Both insertion loss deviation and mode conversion will also be reviewed.
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 2:00 p.m. – 2:40 p.m. Ballroom E: Rick Brandwein, electrical project engineer, Molex; Glenn Oliver, senior engineer, DuPont; Matt Doyle, signal integrity engineer, IBM; and John Dangler, development engineer, IBM will demonstrate how a focus on advanced flex circuit materials will enable flex circuits to remain valid interconnects. Modeled and measured data will characterize construct performance and “lessons learned" will be presented.
- Thursday, January 31, 2013, 10:40 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Ballroom G: Peerouz Amleshi, director; Xin Wu, senior engineer and Raghav Nallan Chakaavarthi, electrical engineer with Molex will join Bhavesh Patel, principal engineer, Dell and Casey Morrison, application engineer, Texas Instruments to identify the critical system signal integrity and radiated EMI impact factors of the conventional implementation of AC coupling capacitors in a 25Gbps+ system through 3D modeling, channel simulation and measurement.
The demonstrations will take place in Molex booth 109 and highlight the company’s commitment to developing next-generation solutions for its customers:
- NeoScale™ 28 Gbps Speeds: Adam Stanczak, product development manager, and Vivek Shah, senior electrical engineer, will conduct a live demonstration of the latest derivatives and extensions of the NeoScale connector, a high-speed mezzanine solution that delivers pristine signal integrity at 28 Gbps+ data rates. The demonstration will feature an integrated test board, a Molex connector, a Texas Instruments chip, LeCroy test equipment and cutting edge product extensions of the NeoScale design. For more information, please visit www.molex.com/link/neoscale.html.
- zQSFP+: Joe Dambach, global new product development manager, will demonstrate zQSFP+ stacked thermal management technologies. Wind tunnel testing has been found to offer the most accurate, repeatable test method. Data is generated that will support design of NEBS rated applications with current and next generation pluggable I/O modules. For more information, please visit www.molex.com/link/zqsfp+.html.
- Impel™ Backplane Connector System: Pete Soupir, global new product development manager, will be demonstrating the new Impel backplane technology operating at 25 Gbps over 3 different channel lengths using the Impel reference backplane. The output will illustrate the Impel connector performance in-channel using Megtron 6 and HVLP board material with respective transmit and receive daughtercards. For more information, www.molex.com/link/backplane.htm.
Molex will display a range of advanced interconnect products, including:
- EXTreme EnergetiC™ High-Current Connector System: Delivers high-end datacom OEMs and power supply manufacturers with an advanced solution for applications requiring high current up to 100.0A per bay
- EXTreme Guardian™ System: Winner of the 2012 DesignVision Award, the solution features a three circuit, wire-to-board configuration that delivers up to 80.0A of current per circuit, a PCB header with a pitch of 11.00 mm (0.433”) for increased PCB real estate savings and an EMI-shielding option to reduce cable crosstalk and improve immunity to external noise
- zQSFP+™ Stacked with Thermal Management Component (TMC): Continues to support 100 Gbps Ethernet and 100 Gbps InfiniBand* (IB) Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) applications, the zQSFP+ TMC offers improved thermal performance by cooling both the upper and lower ports in order to conform to NEBS or other applications that required higher ambient temperatures of up to +55ºC
- zQSFP+ iPass+™ zHD Vertical Connector System: Provides a 0.75mm pitch vertical connector that meets requirements of SAS-3 and projected SAS-4 bandwidth
- NeoScale™ High-Speed Mezzanine System: Offers 2, 4, 6 and 8 row versions with a column range of 4 to 30 columns and stack heights of 12.00 to 42.00mm to support a wide range of mezzanine applications
- SpeedStack™ Connector System: Provides PCB real-estate space savings while optimizing airflow with a low-profile stack height of 4.00mm, achieving up to 40 Gbps per differential pair
- Impel™ Backplane Connector System: This scalable backplane product provides OEMs with an upgrade model, so that they can purchase a reduced cost daughtercard that is a viable solution for 16 Gbps, and can upgrade to a plug-compatible daughtercard solution for 25 Gbps or beyond.
- Impact™ XTR Daughter Cards: A daughtercard enhancement of the Impact product family, XTR provides an upgrade path for increased signal integrity margin necessary for evolving high-speed development, supporting 25 Gbps+.
To receive information on other Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for our e-nouncement newsletter at www.molex.com/link/register/.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is http://www.molex.com. Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/molexconnectors watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at http://www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at http://www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 354
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 335
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,421
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 140
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,079
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,173
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,299
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,205
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 334
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,910
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,588
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 404
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,973
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 486
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,553
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,502