|By Business Wire||
|January 17, 2013 09:10 AM EST||
Molex Incorporated continues to meet the needs of today’s design engineers by developing products that provide not only the highest signal speeds and integrity on the market, but also offer flexibility and scalability for next-generation system architectures. Molex will showcase its expertise in various forums at DesignCon 2013, January 28 – 31, 2013, Santa Clara, CA, including several technical paper presentations and ongoing solution demonstrations and product displays in booth 109.
Technical Paper Presentations
Each of these three 40-minute sessions highlights specific Molex technical and application expertise:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 9:20 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Ballroom H: Molex experts Gregory Fitzgerald, senior signal integrity engineer; Munawar Ahmad, principal engineer; Mark Bugg, project engineer and Michael Rost, project electrical engineer will discuss skew in twinax cables and its significance in next-generation differential signalling. Both insertion loss deviation and mode conversion will also be reviewed.
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 2:00 p.m. – 2:40 p.m. Ballroom E: Rick Brandwein, electrical project engineer, Molex; Glenn Oliver, senior engineer, DuPont; Matt Doyle, signal integrity engineer, IBM; and John Dangler, development engineer, IBM will demonstrate how a focus on advanced flex circuit materials will enable flex circuits to remain valid interconnects. Modeled and measured data will characterize construct performance and “lessons learned" will be presented.
- Thursday, January 31, 2013, 10:40 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Ballroom G: Peerouz Amleshi, director; Xin Wu, senior engineer and Raghav Nallan Chakaavarthi, electrical engineer with Molex will join Bhavesh Patel, principal engineer, Dell and Casey Morrison, application engineer, Texas Instruments to identify the critical system signal integrity and radiated EMI impact factors of the conventional implementation of AC coupling capacitors in a 25Gbps+ system through 3D modeling, channel simulation and measurement.
The demonstrations will take place in Molex booth 109 and highlight the company’s commitment to developing next-generation solutions for its customers:
- NeoScale™ 28 Gbps Speeds: Adam Stanczak, product development manager, and Vivek Shah, senior electrical engineer, will conduct a live demonstration of the latest derivatives and extensions of the NeoScale connector, a high-speed mezzanine solution that delivers pristine signal integrity at 28 Gbps+ data rates. The demonstration will feature an integrated test board, a Molex connector, a Texas Instruments chip, LeCroy test equipment and cutting edge product extensions of the NeoScale design. For more information, please visit www.molex.com/link/neoscale.html.
- zQSFP+: Joe Dambach, global new product development manager, will demonstrate zQSFP+ stacked thermal management technologies. Wind tunnel testing has been found to offer the most accurate, repeatable test method. Data is generated that will support design of NEBS rated applications with current and next generation pluggable I/O modules. For more information, please visit www.molex.com/link/zqsfp+.html.
- Impel™ Backplane Connector System: Pete Soupir, global new product development manager, will be demonstrating the new Impel backplane technology operating at 25 Gbps over 3 different channel lengths using the Impel reference backplane. The output will illustrate the Impel connector performance in-channel using Megtron 6 and HVLP board material with respective transmit and receive daughtercards. For more information, www.molex.com/link/backplane.htm.
Molex will display a range of advanced interconnect products, including:
- EXTreme EnergetiC™ High-Current Connector System: Delivers high-end datacom OEMs and power supply manufacturers with an advanced solution for applications requiring high current up to 100.0A per bay
- EXTreme Guardian™ System: Winner of the 2012 DesignVision Award, the solution features a three circuit, wire-to-board configuration that delivers up to 80.0A of current per circuit, a PCB header with a pitch of 11.00 mm (0.433”) for increased PCB real estate savings and an EMI-shielding option to reduce cable crosstalk and improve immunity to external noise
- zQSFP+™ Stacked with Thermal Management Component (TMC): Continues to support 100 Gbps Ethernet and 100 Gbps InfiniBand* (IB) Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) applications, the zQSFP+ TMC offers improved thermal performance by cooling both the upper and lower ports in order to conform to NEBS or other applications that required higher ambient temperatures of up to +55ºC
- zQSFP+ iPass+™ zHD Vertical Connector System: Provides a 0.75mm pitch vertical connector that meets requirements of SAS-3 and projected SAS-4 bandwidth
- NeoScale™ High-Speed Mezzanine System: Offers 2, 4, 6 and 8 row versions with a column range of 4 to 30 columns and stack heights of 12.00 to 42.00mm to support a wide range of mezzanine applications
- SpeedStack™ Connector System: Provides PCB real-estate space savings while optimizing airflow with a low-profile stack height of 4.00mm, achieving up to 40 Gbps per differential pair
- Impel™ Backplane Connector System: This scalable backplane product provides OEMs with an upgrade model, so that they can purchase a reduced cost daughtercard that is a viable solution for 16 Gbps, and can upgrade to a plug-compatible daughtercard solution for 25 Gbps or beyond.
- Impact™ XTR Daughter Cards: A daughtercard enhancement of the Impact product family, XTR provides an upgrade path for increased signal integrity margin necessary for evolving high-speed development, supporting 25 Gbps+.
To receive information on other Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for our e-nouncement newsletter at www.molex.com/link/register/.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is http://www.molex.com. Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/molexconnectors watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at http://www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at http://www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 4, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 451
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 532
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the data to create additional revenue streams, such as improved warranties or premium features. Or slash...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Sep. 4, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 147
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 4, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 979
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 4, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 227
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 272
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be.
Sep. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 237
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 123
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 297
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 111
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 503
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Sep. 4, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 402
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Sep. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,619
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 433
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 4, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 666
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Sep. 4, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 338
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small, but are focused on specific tasks. The ability for developers to deploy multiple containers – thous...
Sep. 4, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 218
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Sep. 4, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,052