|By Business Wire||
|January 17, 2013 09:10 AM EST||
Molex Incorporated continues to meet the needs of today’s design engineers by developing products that provide not only the highest signal speeds and integrity on the market, but also offer flexibility and scalability for next-generation system architectures. Molex will showcase its expertise in various forums at DesignCon 2013, January 28 – 31, 2013, Santa Clara, CA, including several technical paper presentations and ongoing solution demonstrations and product displays in booth 109.
Technical Paper Presentations
Each of these three 40-minute sessions highlights specific Molex technical and application expertise:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 9:20 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Ballroom H: Molex experts Gregory Fitzgerald, senior signal integrity engineer; Munawar Ahmad, principal engineer; Mark Bugg, project engineer and Michael Rost, project electrical engineer will discuss skew in twinax cables and its significance in next-generation differential signalling. Both insertion loss deviation and mode conversion will also be reviewed.
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 2:00 p.m. – 2:40 p.m. Ballroom E: Rick Brandwein, electrical project engineer, Molex; Glenn Oliver, senior engineer, DuPont; Matt Doyle, signal integrity engineer, IBM; and John Dangler, development engineer, IBM will demonstrate how a focus on advanced flex circuit materials will enable flex circuits to remain valid interconnects. Modeled and measured data will characterize construct performance and “lessons learned" will be presented.
- Thursday, January 31, 2013, 10:40 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Ballroom G: Peerouz Amleshi, director; Xin Wu, senior engineer and Raghav Nallan Chakaavarthi, electrical engineer with Molex will join Bhavesh Patel, principal engineer, Dell and Casey Morrison, application engineer, Texas Instruments to identify the critical system signal integrity and radiated EMI impact factors of the conventional implementation of AC coupling capacitors in a 25Gbps+ system through 3D modeling, channel simulation and measurement.
The demonstrations will take place in Molex booth 109 and highlight the company’s commitment to developing next-generation solutions for its customers:
- NeoScale™ 28 Gbps Speeds: Adam Stanczak, product development manager, and Vivek Shah, senior electrical engineer, will conduct a live demonstration of the latest derivatives and extensions of the NeoScale connector, a high-speed mezzanine solution that delivers pristine signal integrity at 28 Gbps+ data rates. The demonstration will feature an integrated test board, a Molex connector, a Texas Instruments chip, LeCroy test equipment and cutting edge product extensions of the NeoScale design. For more information, please visit www.molex.com/link/neoscale.html.
- zQSFP+: Joe Dambach, global new product development manager, will demonstrate zQSFP+ stacked thermal management technologies. Wind tunnel testing has been found to offer the most accurate, repeatable test method. Data is generated that will support design of NEBS rated applications with current and next generation pluggable I/O modules. For more information, please visit www.molex.com/link/zqsfp+.html.
- Impel™ Backplane Connector System: Pete Soupir, global new product development manager, will be demonstrating the new Impel backplane technology operating at 25 Gbps over 3 different channel lengths using the Impel reference backplane. The output will illustrate the Impel connector performance in-channel using Megtron 6 and HVLP board material with respective transmit and receive daughtercards. For more information, www.molex.com/link/backplane.htm.
Molex will display a range of advanced interconnect products, including:
- EXTreme EnergetiC™ High-Current Connector System: Delivers high-end datacom OEMs and power supply manufacturers with an advanced solution for applications requiring high current up to 100.0A per bay
- EXTreme Guardian™ System: Winner of the 2012 DesignVision Award, the solution features a three circuit, wire-to-board configuration that delivers up to 80.0A of current per circuit, a PCB header with a pitch of 11.00 mm (0.433”) for increased PCB real estate savings and an EMI-shielding option to reduce cable crosstalk and improve immunity to external noise
- zQSFP+™ Stacked with Thermal Management Component (TMC): Continues to support 100 Gbps Ethernet and 100 Gbps InfiniBand* (IB) Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) applications, the zQSFP+ TMC offers improved thermal performance by cooling both the upper and lower ports in order to conform to NEBS or other applications that required higher ambient temperatures of up to +55ºC
- zQSFP+ iPass+™ zHD Vertical Connector System: Provides a 0.75mm pitch vertical connector that meets requirements of SAS-3 and projected SAS-4 bandwidth
- NeoScale™ High-Speed Mezzanine System: Offers 2, 4, 6 and 8 row versions with a column range of 4 to 30 columns and stack heights of 12.00 to 42.00mm to support a wide range of mezzanine applications
- SpeedStack™ Connector System: Provides PCB real-estate space savings while optimizing airflow with a low-profile stack height of 4.00mm, achieving up to 40 Gbps per differential pair
- Impel™ Backplane Connector System: This scalable backplane product provides OEMs with an upgrade model, so that they can purchase a reduced cost daughtercard that is a viable solution for 16 Gbps, and can upgrade to a plug-compatible daughtercard solution for 25 Gbps or beyond.
- Impact™ XTR Daughter Cards: A daughtercard enhancement of the Impact product family, XTR provides an upgrade path for increased signal integrity margin necessary for evolving high-speed development, supporting 25 Gbps+.
To receive information on other Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for our e-nouncement newsletter at www.molex.com/link/register/.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is http://www.molex.com. Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/molexconnectors watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at http://www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at http://www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 19, 2014 03:45 PM EST Reads: 984
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,771
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 19, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,894
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,352
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,719
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 19, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 2,722
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 19, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,008
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 19, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 2,423
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,580
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,131
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,207
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 2,130
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 2,153
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 2,132
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,032
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,233
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,109
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,528
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 8,137
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,280