|By Business Wire||
|January 17, 2013 09:10 AM EST||
Molex Incorporated continues to meet the needs of today’s design engineers by developing products that provide not only the highest signal speeds and integrity on the market, but also offer flexibility and scalability for next-generation system architectures. Molex will showcase its expertise in various forums at DesignCon 2013, January 28 – 31, 2013, Santa Clara, CA, including several technical paper presentations and ongoing solution demonstrations and product displays in booth 109.
Technical Paper Presentations
Each of these three 40-minute sessions highlights specific Molex technical and application expertise:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 9:20 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Ballroom H: Molex experts Gregory Fitzgerald, senior signal integrity engineer; Munawar Ahmad, principal engineer; Mark Bugg, project engineer and Michael Rost, project electrical engineer will discuss skew in twinax cables and its significance in next-generation differential signalling. Both insertion loss deviation and mode conversion will also be reviewed.
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 2:00 p.m. – 2:40 p.m. Ballroom E: Rick Brandwein, electrical project engineer, Molex; Glenn Oliver, senior engineer, DuPont; Matt Doyle, signal integrity engineer, IBM; and John Dangler, development engineer, IBM will demonstrate how a focus on advanced flex circuit materials will enable flex circuits to remain valid interconnects. Modeled and measured data will characterize construct performance and “lessons learned" will be presented.
- Thursday, January 31, 2013, 10:40 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Ballroom G: Peerouz Amleshi, director; Xin Wu, senior engineer and Raghav Nallan Chakaavarthi, electrical engineer with Molex will join Bhavesh Patel, principal engineer, Dell and Casey Morrison, application engineer, Texas Instruments to identify the critical system signal integrity and radiated EMI impact factors of the conventional implementation of AC coupling capacitors in a 25Gbps+ system through 3D modeling, channel simulation and measurement.
The demonstrations will take place in Molex booth 109 and highlight the company’s commitment to developing next-generation solutions for its customers:
- NeoScale™ 28 Gbps Speeds: Adam Stanczak, product development manager, and Vivek Shah, senior electrical engineer, will conduct a live demonstration of the latest derivatives and extensions of the NeoScale connector, a high-speed mezzanine solution that delivers pristine signal integrity at 28 Gbps+ data rates. The demonstration will feature an integrated test board, a Molex connector, a Texas Instruments chip, LeCroy test equipment and cutting edge product extensions of the NeoScale design. For more information, please visit www.molex.com/link/neoscale.html.
- zQSFP+: Joe Dambach, global new product development manager, will demonstrate zQSFP+ stacked thermal management technologies. Wind tunnel testing has been found to offer the most accurate, repeatable test method. Data is generated that will support design of NEBS rated applications with current and next generation pluggable I/O modules. For more information, please visit www.molex.com/link/zqsfp+.html.
- Impel™ Backplane Connector System: Pete Soupir, global new product development manager, will be demonstrating the new Impel backplane technology operating at 25 Gbps over 3 different channel lengths using the Impel reference backplane. The output will illustrate the Impel connector performance in-channel using Megtron 6 and HVLP board material with respective transmit and receive daughtercards. For more information, www.molex.com/link/backplane.htm.
Molex will display a range of advanced interconnect products, including:
- EXTreme EnergetiC™ High-Current Connector System: Delivers high-end datacom OEMs and power supply manufacturers with an advanced solution for applications requiring high current up to 100.0A per bay
- EXTreme Guardian™ System: Winner of the 2012 DesignVision Award, the solution features a three circuit, wire-to-board configuration that delivers up to 80.0A of current per circuit, a PCB header with a pitch of 11.00 mm (0.433”) for increased PCB real estate savings and an EMI-shielding option to reduce cable crosstalk and improve immunity to external noise
- zQSFP+™ Stacked with Thermal Management Component (TMC): Continues to support 100 Gbps Ethernet and 100 Gbps InfiniBand* (IB) Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) applications, the zQSFP+ TMC offers improved thermal performance by cooling both the upper and lower ports in order to conform to NEBS or other applications that required higher ambient temperatures of up to +55ºC
- zQSFP+ iPass+™ zHD Vertical Connector System: Provides a 0.75mm pitch vertical connector that meets requirements of SAS-3 and projected SAS-4 bandwidth
- NeoScale™ High-Speed Mezzanine System: Offers 2, 4, 6 and 8 row versions with a column range of 4 to 30 columns and stack heights of 12.00 to 42.00mm to support a wide range of mezzanine applications
- SpeedStack™ Connector System: Provides PCB real-estate space savings while optimizing airflow with a low-profile stack height of 4.00mm, achieving up to 40 Gbps per differential pair
- Impel™ Backplane Connector System: This scalable backplane product provides OEMs with an upgrade model, so that they can purchase a reduced cost daughtercard that is a viable solution for 16 Gbps, and can upgrade to a plug-compatible daughtercard solution for 25 Gbps or beyond.
- Impact™ XTR Daughter Cards: A daughtercard enhancement of the Impact product family, XTR provides an upgrade path for increased signal integrity margin necessary for evolving high-speed development, supporting 25 Gbps+.
To receive information on other Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for our e-nouncement newsletter at www.molex.com/link/register/.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is http://www.molex.com. Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/molexconnectors watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at http://www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at http://www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 26, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,931
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,147
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,374
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,588
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,883
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 26, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 322
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,602
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,726
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,621
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,035
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,563
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,561
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 26, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,635
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,720
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,593
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,185
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,640
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,751
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,435
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,683