|By Business Wire||
|January 17, 2013 09:10 AM EST||
Molex Incorporated continues to meet the needs of today’s design engineers by developing products that provide not only the highest signal speeds and integrity on the market, but also offer flexibility and scalability for next-generation system architectures. Molex will showcase its expertise in various forums at DesignCon 2013, January 28 – 31, 2013, Santa Clara, CA, including several technical paper presentations and ongoing solution demonstrations and product displays in booth 109.
Technical Paper Presentations
Each of these three 40-minute sessions highlights specific Molex technical and application expertise:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 9:20 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Ballroom H: Molex experts Gregory Fitzgerald, senior signal integrity engineer; Munawar Ahmad, principal engineer; Mark Bugg, project engineer and Michael Rost, project electrical engineer will discuss skew in twinax cables and its significance in next-generation differential signalling. Both insertion loss deviation and mode conversion will also be reviewed.
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 2:00 p.m. – 2:40 p.m. Ballroom E: Rick Brandwein, electrical project engineer, Molex; Glenn Oliver, senior engineer, DuPont; Matt Doyle, signal integrity engineer, IBM; and John Dangler, development engineer, IBM will demonstrate how a focus on advanced flex circuit materials will enable flex circuits to remain valid interconnects. Modeled and measured data will characterize construct performance and “lessons learned" will be presented.
- Thursday, January 31, 2013, 10:40 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Ballroom G: Peerouz Amleshi, director; Xin Wu, senior engineer and Raghav Nallan Chakaavarthi, electrical engineer with Molex will join Bhavesh Patel, principal engineer, Dell and Casey Morrison, application engineer, Texas Instruments to identify the critical system signal integrity and radiated EMI impact factors of the conventional implementation of AC coupling capacitors in a 25Gbps+ system through 3D modeling, channel simulation and measurement.
The demonstrations will take place in Molex booth 109 and highlight the company’s commitment to developing next-generation solutions for its customers:
- NeoScale™ 28 Gbps Speeds: Adam Stanczak, product development manager, and Vivek Shah, senior electrical engineer, will conduct a live demonstration of the latest derivatives and extensions of the NeoScale connector, a high-speed mezzanine solution that delivers pristine signal integrity at 28 Gbps+ data rates. The demonstration will feature an integrated test board, a Molex connector, a Texas Instruments chip, LeCroy test equipment and cutting edge product extensions of the NeoScale design. For more information, please visit www.molex.com/link/neoscale.html.
- zQSFP+: Joe Dambach, global new product development manager, will demonstrate zQSFP+ stacked thermal management technologies. Wind tunnel testing has been found to offer the most accurate, repeatable test method. Data is generated that will support design of NEBS rated applications with current and next generation pluggable I/O modules. For more information, please visit www.molex.com/link/zqsfp+.html.
- Impel™ Backplane Connector System: Pete Soupir, global new product development manager, will be demonstrating the new Impel backplane technology operating at 25 Gbps over 3 different channel lengths using the Impel reference backplane. The output will illustrate the Impel connector performance in-channel using Megtron 6 and HVLP board material with respective transmit and receive daughtercards. For more information, www.molex.com/link/backplane.htm.
Molex will display a range of advanced interconnect products, including:
- EXTreme EnergetiC™ High-Current Connector System: Delivers high-end datacom OEMs and power supply manufacturers with an advanced solution for applications requiring high current up to 100.0A per bay
- EXTreme Guardian™ System: Winner of the 2012 DesignVision Award, the solution features a three circuit, wire-to-board configuration that delivers up to 80.0A of current per circuit, a PCB header with a pitch of 11.00 mm (0.433”) for increased PCB real estate savings and an EMI-shielding option to reduce cable crosstalk and improve immunity to external noise
- zQSFP+™ Stacked with Thermal Management Component (TMC): Continues to support 100 Gbps Ethernet and 100 Gbps InfiniBand* (IB) Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) applications, the zQSFP+ TMC offers improved thermal performance by cooling both the upper and lower ports in order to conform to NEBS or other applications that required higher ambient temperatures of up to +55ºC
- zQSFP+ iPass+™ zHD Vertical Connector System: Provides a 0.75mm pitch vertical connector that meets requirements of SAS-3 and projected SAS-4 bandwidth
- NeoScale™ High-Speed Mezzanine System: Offers 2, 4, 6 and 8 row versions with a column range of 4 to 30 columns and stack heights of 12.00 to 42.00mm to support a wide range of mezzanine applications
- SpeedStack™ Connector System: Provides PCB real-estate space savings while optimizing airflow with a low-profile stack height of 4.00mm, achieving up to 40 Gbps per differential pair
- Impel™ Backplane Connector System: This scalable backplane product provides OEMs with an upgrade model, so that they can purchase a reduced cost daughtercard that is a viable solution for 16 Gbps, and can upgrade to a plug-compatible daughtercard solution for 25 Gbps or beyond.
- Impact™ XTR Daughter Cards: A daughtercard enhancement of the Impact product family, XTR provides an upgrade path for increased signal integrity margin necessary for evolving high-speed development, supporting 25 Gbps+.
To receive information on other Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for our e-nouncement newsletter at www.molex.com/link/register/.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is http://www.molex.com. Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/molexconnectors watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at http://www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at http://www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,195
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,254
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 3, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 738
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 3, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,310
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 3, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,197
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 305
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 3, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,104
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 3, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,270
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 3, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,193
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 3, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,031
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 3, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 304
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 298
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,171
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 3, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 949
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 3, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,170
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,590
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,366
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,449
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 3, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,102
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
May. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,692