|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 12:47 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The playbook for the CIO has changed. Our business and our lives are saturated with technology that is rapidly evolving and constantly providing new capabilities. Tablets and smart devices are replacing the once standard+ desktop. Data is being gathered and stored at unprecedented rates. Security continues to be paramount. Today's IT leaders must deliver exceptional leadership, innovation, and transformational strategies to leverage these opportunities. That's one of the key messages for the 2013 CIO Summit of America being held at the Harvard Club in New York City on January 28, 2013.
"The global economy with the rapid changes and developments in IT is driving an epic revolution for the modern CIO, "said Hunter Muller, President and CEO of HMG Strategy, LLC. "One area of massive advances has been around the topic of analytics. Smarter analytics are creating new insights providing new products and services, enhanced customer experiences, and ultimately increased sales. There are many areas where the CIO is uniquely poised to drive business value through innovation and transformation. The CIO Summit of America will address these opportunities to define the new playbook for the modern CIO."
The summit is a great opportunity to learn, to network with peers, and to experience the newest wave of transformational thinking from the best and brightest minds in the industry. Keynotes, executive briefings and panel discussions will focus on: the new enterprise architecture; successful leadership techniques to drive business and IT transformation; developing smarter analytics for a competitive advantage; driving business success and innovation; creating an IT organization that produces game-changing value; and developing the new CIO manifesto.
The event's theme is "The Epic Revolution: Leading, Innovating and Transforming in a Connected World." The agenda features keynotes and executive briefings from respected industry thought leaders including:
- Dr. Howard Rubin, Rubin Worldwide, MIT CISR Research, Professor Emeritus, Hunter College of NY
- Steve Harvey, Global Analytics Leader, IBM Global Process Services
- Michael Capone, Corporate VP & CIO, Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
- Donagh Herlihy, SVP eCommerce & CIO, Avon Products, Inc.
- Daphne Jones, SVP & CIO, Hospira, Inc.
- Ajay Waghray, SVP & CIO, Verizon Enterprise Solutions
- Carol Zierhoffer, VP & Global CIO, Xerox Corporation
- Julie O'Brien, Industry Marketing Director, Box
- Tim Campos, CIO, Facebook
Additional speakers and panelists include: Jon Harding, Global CIO, Conair Corporation; Ken Murdoch, CIO, Save the Children; Adam Noble, SVP & CIO, GAF Materials Corporation; Jim Panos, CIO, Central National Gottesman; Rick Farnell, Co-Founder and President, Think Big Analytics; E. Jeffrey Hutchinson, CIO, Maple Leaf Foods; Scott Morrison, VP, IS Prescription Medicines, Corporate Information Systems, Boehringer Ingelheim; Brian Queenin, Partner, Global Business Services, Business Analytics and Optimization (BAO), IBM; Ken Zimmerman, Senior Business Intelligence Architect, Chateaux Software; Norman Jacknis, Director, IBSG Public Sector, Cisco Systems, Inc.; Kurt Brungardt, CIO, MSD Capital L.P.; Lisa Hoffman, CIO, Marsh & McLennan Agency; Doug Rousso, SVP & CTO, CBS Corporation; Mary Sobiechowski, CIO, Kantar Health; Hank Zupnick, CIO, GE Real Estate; Snehal Antani, CIO, Enterprise Architecture, GE Capital Americas; Gregory Buoncontri, EVP & CIO, Pitney Bowes, Inc.; Jonathan Landon, Global IT – CTO, Kimberly-Clark Corporation; Lisa Larson, VP, Enterprise Cloud Solutions, Rackspace; John Hill, CIO, Veyance Technologies, Inc.; Shawn Banerji, Managing Director, Russell Reynolds Associates, Tony Leng, Managing Director and CIO Practice Leader, Diversified Search; Gerry McNamara, Partner, Heidrick & Struggles; Mark Polansky, Managing Director, IT Officers Practice, Korn/Ferry International; and Chris McGugan, VP & GM, Emerging Products & Technology, Avaya.
HMG Strategy LLC, provides exceptional leadership, innovation, transformational strategies along with a global community to drive the success of CIO and IT leaders. Sponsors for the CIO Summit of America include: Box, IBM, Avaya, Chateaux, Rackspace, Canon, Code 42 Software, Informatica, Okta, Servicenow, QlikView, Adobe, Mitchell Martin, Think Big Analytics.
"We are building the strongest CIO community on the planet," said Mr. Muller. "We deliver world-class value for the IT industry through our thought-leadership, proprietary research, International Advisory Board, and executive leadership events."
About HMG Strategy
HMG Strategy, LLC is a leading global provider of innovative IT leadership, management and technology support to CIO/Senior IT executives by focusing on the 360-degree needs of the CIO/IT Leader. Our events and services raise thought leadership, knowledge sharing and networking to the highest level. HMG Strategy provides access to an international network of more than 50,000 CIO/Senior IT executives, industry experts and world-class thought leaders. For more information about HMG Strategy and its unique portfolio of IT leadership resources, visit www.hmgstrategy.com.
SOURCE HMG Strategy, LLC
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1