|By Business Wire||
|January 22, 2013 08:02 AM EST||
Thales, leader in information systems and communications security, announces that keyAuthority, a high-assurance enterprise key management solution, has successfully passed one of the most rigorous security test programs in the industry – FIPS 140-2 Level 3. This is the most widely recognized security benchmark for cryptographic devices around the world. Validation to FIPS 140-2 is a mandated requirement in many industry and government sectors and is a frequently stated best practice for any organization seeking to protect sensitive data.
- The Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 validation scheme for cryptographic modules is jointly administered by the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Canadian Communications Security Establishment (CSE).Testing is performed by certified independent test laboratories with validation ultimately being approved by NIST.
- The FIPS 140-2 scheme applies to a range of cryptographic devices including key managers and hardware security modules (HSMs) and supports multiple levels of validation that range from purely software based systems (Level 1) to fully hardened tamper resistant and tamper responsive systems that deliver significantly higher levels of assurance.
- Thales keyAuthority is a standards-based key management solution with a tamper resistant and tamper evident chassis that provides protection and policy based automation for the entire key management lifecycle ranging from key generation, key distribution, key archival and ultimately key destruction. Key Authority can support up to 25 million keys used by thousands of cryptographic devices.
- keyAuthority includes support for legacy key management protocols and is the only security hardened solution that supports IBM tape and disk encryption via its native TKLM (Tivoli Key Lifecycle Manager) capability. Brocade encryption-enabled SAN switches are also supported.
Richard Moulds, vice president, strategy, Thales e-Security, says: “Key management systems protect the keys to the kingdom and therefore become one of the most attractive targets for attackers inside and outside the organization. Our customers recognize the need to deploy systems with enhanced levels of security but quantifying that requirement is notoriously difficult, FIPS 140-2 Level 3 provides a convenient and yet meaningful benchmark. It’s easy for vendors to make security claims about their products and therefore this validation of keyAuthority by NIST gives our customers the confidence that they need in order to trust our products with their most valuable digital assets, today and into the future.”
- Thales keyAuthority
- Thales e-Security product certifications: http://www.thales-esecurity.com/company/certifications
- NIST: http://www.nist.gov/index.html
For industry insight and views on the latest key management trends check out our blogs www.thales-esecurity.com/blogs
About Thales e-Security
Thales e-Security is a leading global provider of data encryption and cyber security solutions to the financial services, high technology, manufacturing, government and technology sectors. With a 40-year track record of protecting corporate and government information, Thales solutions are used by four of the five largest energy and aerospace companies, 22 NATO countries, and secure more than 80 percent of worldwide payment transactions. Thales e-Security has offices in Australia, France, Hong Kong, Norway, United States and the United Kingdom. www.thales-esecurity.com
Thales is a global technology leader for the defence & security and the aerospace & transport markets. In 2011 the company generated revenues of €13 billion with 67,000 employees in 56 countries. With its 22,500 engineers and researchers, Thales has a unique capability to design, develop and deploy equipment, systems and services that meet the most complex security requirements. Thales has an exceptional international footprint, with operations around the world working with customers and local partners. www.thalesgroup.com
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 19, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Dec. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,658
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,705
Dec. 19, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 2,695
Dec. 19, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,994
Dec. 19, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 2,409
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,530
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,881
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,315
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,103
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,196
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 2,116
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 2,143
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 2,125
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,029
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,224
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,098
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,515
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 8,129
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,278