|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 09:02 AM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a recent report by Dell'Oro Group, the trusted source for information about the telecommunications and networking industries, the Layer 2-3 Ethernet Switch market is forecast to reach almost $25 billion in 2017, with future growth to be driven primarily by sales of Ethernet switches optimized for larger data center deployments, and a continued migration towards faster speeds in campus networks.
"Technology transitions are changing the way IT managers look at their network topologies. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the unprecedented growth in the number of personal devices accessing business networks is driving this change. Today, most enterprises look at the purchase of Ethernet switching and wireless LAN (WLAN) as separate decisions and for different applications," said Alan Weckel, Vice President at Dell'Oro Group. "Ethernet switching is typically deployed for user access and WLAN for user mobility in the enterprise. During the forecast period, we expect enterprises to focus primarily on user access regardless of the underlying technology, with a small but growing number of enterprises using WLAN as the main connectivity option for a user. This will likely lead to a tighter coupling of WLAN and Ethernet switch technologies during the forecast period," stated Weckel.
The report also shows that Fixed 10 Gigabit Ethernet revenues are projected to achieve the highest growth during the forecast period, with demand from both campus and data centers. Vendors with current Ethernet Switch offerings in this segment include: Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, Enterasys, Extreme, Dell, HP, IBM, and Juniper.
About the Report
The Dell'Oro Group 5-Year Forecast Report offers a complete overview of the Ethernet Switch industry with tables covering manufacturers' revenue, average selling prices, and port/unit shipments (by speed - Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet (GE), 10 GE, 40 GE, 100 GE) for Layers 2-3 (managed and unmanaged). Contact Julie Learmond-Criqui at Julie@DellOro.com to purchase.
About Dell'Oro Group
As the trusted source for market information about the networking and telecommunications industries, Dell'Oro Group provides in-depth, objective research and analysis that enable component manufacturers, equipment vendors, and investment firms to make fact-based, strategic decisions. For more information, visit www.DellOro.com.
SOURCE Dell'Oro Group
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1