|By Bob Gourley||
|February 13, 2013 06:23 PM EST||
By Ryan Kamauff
The latest permeation of MarkLogic (version 6) offers ACID (atomicity, consistency, isolation, durability) transactions, horizontal scaling, real-time indexing, high availability, disaster recovery, government-grade security and built-in search.
MarkLogic has made application development easier with Java and REST APIs. They also added JSON support. This allows developers to use their language of choice, and eliminate the need to learn new production language. It also provides data visualization widgets. These widgets can display the shape and dimensions of data, identify trends or patterns and explore the data as a whole.
Version 6 also comes with built in database analytics. Integration with IBM Cognos and Tableau is included as well. This enables analysts to create reports, dashboards and the data. Lastly, version 6 adds the in-database MapReduce capabilities.
Find out more about MarkLogic version 6 here.
And here is more from their website:
Mission-critical Big Data Applications around the world are powered by MarkLogic. It is the only Enterprise NoSQL database that manages all types of data at scale in real time. It gives you the range of features you need to deliver value. It lets you leverage your existing tools, knowledge, and experience. And it provides a reliable, scalable, and secure platform for your important data.
New Feature Highlights
Business Intelligence Tools
MarkLogic Java API
Enhanced JSON Support
In-database MapReduce & User Defined Functions
In-Database Analytic Functions
MarkLogic Content Pump (mlcp)
FIPS 140-2 Cryptographic Compliance
Search API Enhancements
- Structured Search
- Extracting metadata at search time
- Modify the unconstrained term behavior using <search:term>
- Range constraints for path range indexes
- Ability to return values from range indexes with search:values
- JSON key support
Path Range Indexes
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1