|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2013 10:40 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- If you are active in data center real estate and technology infrastructure, you will not want to miss CapRate Events (CRE) Second Annual Greater New York Data Center Summit on February 27. As of today, more than 250 senior-level executives and decision makers have made plans to attend. 350+ are expected to attend, including all of the most innovative firms in the Tri-State region and from around the nation. This executive-level summit will be held at the New York City Bar Association and will bring together the most active and innovative firms for important discussion, debate and networking. 40+ speakers will participate in 10 provocative panel discussions, aimed at informing executives with the necessary market intelligence and networking opportunities for new business development in today's environment.
The summit will be the data center event of 2013 for New York and New Jersey -- and it could sell out! The Greater New York Data Center Summit will feature an opening night cocktail reception at Sabey's INTERGATE.MANHATTAN, the city's new and exciting data center.
A limited number of exhibiting and speaking opportunities are available.
* Data Center Disaster Recovery: Exploring the Impact of a Superstorm on the Region's Real Estate & Technology Infrastructure
* End-User Trends & Case Studies: How are the Region's Firms Approaching Energy Efficiency and Real Estate Outsourcing Opportunities?
* Keynote Address: Portfolio Strategy/Site Location/Footprint Composition (Resiliency, Density, Efficiency)?
* Data Center Trendline 2013: Analysis of Market Fundamentals, Investment Sales Volume & New Trends
* Data Center Financing: Exploring the Role of REIT, Technology, and Private Equity Funds
* Luncheon Discussion: Data Center CEO Panel
* New Jersey Data Center Investment & Development Outlook
* Manhattan & New York Data Center Investment & Development Outlook
* Innovations in Energy Efficient Design & Development
* Latency Opportunities & Challenges
* Data Center Debate: Performance Sensitive vs. Undifferentiated Site Selection Decision-Making
Hear 40+ Expert Speakers, including:
* Everett Thompson, Found and CEO, WiredRE
* Brian Doricko, Director – Eastern Region, Digital Realty Trust
* Blake Ellman, President, Net Access Corporation
* Edward Roberts Fabian, Vice President of Operations, American Eagle Systems
* Tim Huffman, Executive Vice President, Global Director | Technology Solutions Group, Colliers International
* Jim Kerrigan, Principal and Director – Data Centres, Avison Young
* Jeffrey A. Moerdler, Member, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
* Mitch Simpler, Managing Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
* Luke Denmon, PMP, Critical Environment Practice, CBRE
* Barry Alton, Managing Director & Global Head – Corporate Real Estate & Services, Jefferies & Company, Inc.
* Brian Cobb, Managing Vice President – Information Technology, Capital One
* Sudhir Kalra, Global Head of Enterprise Data Centers Engineering and Operations, Morgan Stanley
* Charles Hoop, Supply & Demand Management, UBS AG
* Donald Smith, VP for Information Technology and CIO – Office of Information Technology, Rutgers University
* Joshua Vallario, Data Center Manager, BlackRock
* Michael Levy, Analyst – Datacenters, 451 Research
* Jeff Ferry, Director, Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group
* Marty Friedman, Partner & Managing Director, DH Capital, LLC
* John Hendon, IB Managing Director, Stifel, Nicolaus & Company
* Joseph Junda, Senior Director, CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
* John Regan, Vice President of Acquisitions & Due Diligence – Data Center Division, Carter Validus
* Jonathan Schildkraut, Managing Director – Telecom Equity Research, Evercore Partners
* Mike Hagan, Senior Vice President, Schneider Electric
* Michael Bucheit, Chief Executive Officer, FiberMedia Group
* Chris Crosby, CEO, Compass Datacenters
* Tony Greenberg, CEO, RampRate/DeepStrat
* John Sabey, President, Sabey Data Centers
* Eric Shepcaro, Chief Executive Officer and Director, Telx
* Anthony Wanger, President, IO
* Sean P. Brady, Senior Director & Co Founder – Data Center Advisory Group, Cushman & Wakefield of New Jersey, Inc.
* Michael Boccardi, President & CEO, Cervalis
* Colton Brown, Regional Director, DuPont Fabros
* Dennis Cronin, Chief Operating Officer, Steel ORCA
* Shelagh Montgomery, Executive Vice President – Strategic Client Management, Quality Technology Services
* David Spiewak, Chief Executive Officer, DJS Group LLC
* Michael G. Morris, Executive Managing Director, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
* Mark Grossman, Technology, Outsourcing and Telecom Lawyer, Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP
* Ron Guida, Principal Consultant, Cloud, IT, & Security Services, Terremark, a Verizon Company
* Hunter Newby, Founder & CEO, Allied Fiber
* Mark Norton, Vice President, CoreSite
* Patrick K. Shelly, Assistant Vice President, Rudin Management Company, Inc.
* Brian Schafer, Director of Business Development, Highland Associates; President, Metro New York Chapter 7×24 Exchange
* James S. Coe, PE, RCDD Director of Critical Facilities/Senior Vice President, Syska Hennessy Group, Inc.
* Jay Forester, Vice President of Construction, Digital Realty Trust
* Albert DiGuilio P.E., Senior Vice President, EIAD Energy Solutions
* Ryan Goodman, Executive Vice President, Rudox Engine & Equipment Company
* Glen Neville, P.E., LEED AP, Director of Engineering, Deutsche Bank
* Todd Traver, Data Center Strategy and Energy Efficiency Executive, PMP , CDCDP, IBM Data Center Management & Optimization
* Thomas Traugott, Senior Vice President – Datacenter Solutions Group, Cassidy Turley
* Zane Alsabery, CEO, Alchemy Communications, Inc.
* David Gillespie, Project Manager, SSOE Group
* Randy Ortiz, Vice Prsident – Data Center Design and Engineering, Internap
* Christopher Porto, Director – Technology Division, JRM Construction Management, LLC
* Michael Weill, Business Development, Hosting.com
NETWORKING & NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Attendance and interest are building for CRE's New York Data Center Summit. Look Who's Attending as of February 13, 2013:
* 1547 Realty Partners LLC
* 325 Hudson Street
* 451 Research
* Advanced Business Communications – Corning / Cooper B-Line
* AHA ENGINEERS
* Allied Fiber
* Ameristar Fence Products
* Atlantic Power Systems
* Avison Young
* Axiom Communications
* Barnhardt Energy Partners LLC
* Berkshire Partners
* Blackrock Financial
* Bloom Energy
* Bluestone Energy Services
* BTECH INC
* Cassidy Turley
* CCG Facilities Integration Inc
* Chicago Title NJ Direct Operations
* Chil-Pak / U.M.P Data Center Cooling
* CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
* Cobalt Data Centers
* Colliers International
* COMMSULT Group
* Compass Datacenters
* Corgan Associates Architects PC
* Cosentini Associates
* Cross River Fiber
* Cushman & Wakefield of New Jersey, Inc.
* Data Centers Delivered
* DeCotiis, FitzPatrick & Cole, LLP
* Deutsche Bank
* DH Capital, LLC
* Digital Realty Trust
* DJS Group LLC
* DPR Construction
* DuPont Fabros
* EIAD Energy Solutions
For additional information, please view the official conference website:
Telephone registration/questions: Please contact Ronnie Niederman | 212-873-3484
Sponsorship: Adam Knobloch or Brian Klebash | firstname.lastname@example.org | 917-460-3572
SOURCE CAPRATE Events, LLC
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization – allowing customers to provide amazing user experiences with optimized IT per...
May. 29, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,687
2015 predictions circa 1970: houses anticipate our needs and adapt, city infrastructure is citizen and situation aware, office buildings identify and preprocess you. Today smart buildings have no such collective conscience, no shared set of fundamental services to identify, predict and synchronize around us. LiveSpace and M2Mi are changing that. LiveSpace Smart Environment devices deliver over the M2Mi IoT Platform real time presence, awareness and intent analytics as a service to local connected devices. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sarah Cooper, VP Business of Development at M2Mi, will d...
May. 29, 2015 04:27 PM EDT Reads: 647
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
May. 29, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,099
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In this session, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, will describe how to revolutionize your architecture and...
May. 29, 2015 02:33 PM EDT Reads: 680
We’re entering a new era of computing technology that many are calling the Internet of Things (IoT). Machine to machine, machine to infrastructure, machine to environment, the Internet of Everything, the Internet of Intelligent Things, intelligent systems – call it what you want, but it’s happening, and its potential is huge. IoT is comprised of smart machines interacting and communicating with other machines, objects, environments and infrastructures. As a result, huge volumes of data are being generated, and that data is being processed into useful actions that can “command and control” thi...
May. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,336
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example t...
May. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,874
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 29, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,076
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,479
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
May. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 7,524
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will want to use their existing identities, but these will have credentials already that are (hopefully) i...
May. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,783
Thanks to widespread Internet adoption and more than 10 billion connected devices around the world, companies became more excited than ever about the Internet of Things in 2014. Add in the hype around Google Glass and the Nest Thermostat, and nearly every business, including those from traditionally low-tech industries, wanted in. But despite the buzz, some very real business questions emerged – mainly, not if a device can be connected, or even when, but why? Why does connecting to the cloud create greater value for the user? Why do connected features improve the overall experience? And why do...
May. 29, 2015 12:42 PM EDT Reads: 857
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participa...
May. 29, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,352
Imagine a world where targeting, attribution, and analytics are just as intrinsic to the physical world as they currently are to display advertising. Advances in technologies and changes in consumer behavior have opened the door to a whole new category of personalized marketing experience based on direct interactions with products. The products themselves now have a voice. What will they say? Who will control it? And what does it take for brands to win in this new world? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zack Bennett, Vice President of Customer Success at EVRYTHNG, will answer these questions a...
May. 29, 2015 12:13 PM EDT Reads: 806
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,686
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and assessments, including a decade of leading incident response and digital forensics. He is co-author of t...
May. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,179
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
May. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,487
The multi-trillion economic opportunity around the "Internet of Things" (IoT) is emerging as the hottest topic for investors in 2015. As we connect the physical world with information technology, data from actions, processes and the environment can increase sales, improve efficiencies, automate daily activities and minimize risk. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ed Maguire, Senior Analyst at CLSA Americas, will describe what is new and different about IoT, explore financial, technological and real-world impact across consumer and business use cases. Why now? Significant corporate and venture...
May. 29, 2015 10:50 AM EDT Reads: 890
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,871
While great strides have been made relative to the video aspects of remote collaboration, audio technology has basically stagnated. Typically all audio is mixed to a single monaural stream and emanates from a single point, such as a speakerphone or a speaker associated with a video monitor. This leads to confusion and lack of understanding among participants especially regarding who is actually speaking. Spatial teleconferencing introduces the concept of acoustic spatial separation between conference participants in three dimensional space. This has been shown to significantly improve comprehe...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,701
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
May. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,146