|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2013 10:40 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- If you are active in data center real estate and technology infrastructure, you will not want to miss CapRate Events (CRE) Second Annual Greater New York Data Center Summit on February 27. As of today, more than 250 senior-level executives and decision makers have made plans to attend. 350+ are expected to attend, including all of the most innovative firms in the Tri-State region and from around the nation. This executive-level summit will be held at the New York City Bar Association and will bring together the most active and innovative firms for important discussion, debate and networking. 40+ speakers will participate in 10 provocative panel discussions, aimed at informing executives with the necessary market intelligence and networking opportunities for new business development in today's environment.
The summit will be the data center event of 2013 for New York and New Jersey -- and it could sell out! The Greater New York Data Center Summit will feature an opening night cocktail reception at Sabey's INTERGATE.MANHATTAN, the city's new and exciting data center.
A limited number of exhibiting and speaking opportunities are available.
* Data Center Disaster Recovery: Exploring the Impact of a Superstorm on the Region's Real Estate & Technology Infrastructure
* End-User Trends & Case Studies: How are the Region's Firms Approaching Energy Efficiency and Real Estate Outsourcing Opportunities?
* Keynote Address: Portfolio Strategy/Site Location/Footprint Composition (Resiliency, Density, Efficiency)?
* Data Center Trendline 2013: Analysis of Market Fundamentals, Investment Sales Volume & New Trends
* Data Center Financing: Exploring the Role of REIT, Technology, and Private Equity Funds
* Luncheon Discussion: Data Center CEO Panel
* New Jersey Data Center Investment & Development Outlook
* Manhattan & New York Data Center Investment & Development Outlook
* Innovations in Energy Efficient Design & Development
* Latency Opportunities & Challenges
* Data Center Debate: Performance Sensitive vs. Undifferentiated Site Selection Decision-Making
Hear 40+ Expert Speakers, including:
* Everett Thompson, Found and CEO, WiredRE
* Brian Doricko, Director – Eastern Region, Digital Realty Trust
* Blake Ellman, President, Net Access Corporation
* Edward Roberts Fabian, Vice President of Operations, American Eagle Systems
* Tim Huffman, Executive Vice President, Global Director | Technology Solutions Group, Colliers International
* Jim Kerrigan, Principal and Director – Data Centres, Avison Young
* Jeffrey A. Moerdler, Member, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
* Mitch Simpler, Managing Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
* Luke Denmon, PMP, Critical Environment Practice, CBRE
* Barry Alton, Managing Director & Global Head – Corporate Real Estate & Services, Jefferies & Company, Inc.
* Brian Cobb, Managing Vice President – Information Technology, Capital One
* Sudhir Kalra, Global Head of Enterprise Data Centers Engineering and Operations, Morgan Stanley
* Charles Hoop, Supply & Demand Management, UBS AG
* Donald Smith, VP for Information Technology and CIO – Office of Information Technology, Rutgers University
* Joshua Vallario, Data Center Manager, BlackRock
* Michael Levy, Analyst – Datacenters, 451 Research
* Jeff Ferry, Director, Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group
* Marty Friedman, Partner & Managing Director, DH Capital, LLC
* John Hendon, IB Managing Director, Stifel, Nicolaus & Company
* Joseph Junda, Senior Director, CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
* John Regan, Vice President of Acquisitions & Due Diligence – Data Center Division, Carter Validus
* Jonathan Schildkraut, Managing Director – Telecom Equity Research, Evercore Partners
* Mike Hagan, Senior Vice President, Schneider Electric
* Michael Bucheit, Chief Executive Officer, FiberMedia Group
* Chris Crosby, CEO, Compass Datacenters
* Tony Greenberg, CEO, RampRate/DeepStrat
* John Sabey, President, Sabey Data Centers
* Eric Shepcaro, Chief Executive Officer and Director, Telx
* Anthony Wanger, President, IO
* Sean P. Brady, Senior Director & Co Founder – Data Center Advisory Group, Cushman & Wakefield of New Jersey, Inc.
* Michael Boccardi, President & CEO, Cervalis
* Colton Brown, Regional Director, DuPont Fabros
* Dennis Cronin, Chief Operating Officer, Steel ORCA
* Shelagh Montgomery, Executive Vice President – Strategic Client Management, Quality Technology Services
* David Spiewak, Chief Executive Officer, DJS Group LLC
* Michael G. Morris, Executive Managing Director, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
* Mark Grossman, Technology, Outsourcing and Telecom Lawyer, Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP
* Ron Guida, Principal Consultant, Cloud, IT, & Security Services, Terremark, a Verizon Company
* Hunter Newby, Founder & CEO, Allied Fiber
* Mark Norton, Vice President, CoreSite
* Patrick K. Shelly, Assistant Vice President, Rudin Management Company, Inc.
* Brian Schafer, Director of Business Development, Highland Associates; President, Metro New York Chapter 7×24 Exchange
* James S. Coe, PE, RCDD Director of Critical Facilities/Senior Vice President, Syska Hennessy Group, Inc.
* Jay Forester, Vice President of Construction, Digital Realty Trust
* Albert DiGuilio P.E., Senior Vice President, EIAD Energy Solutions
* Ryan Goodman, Executive Vice President, Rudox Engine & Equipment Company
* Glen Neville, P.E., LEED AP, Director of Engineering, Deutsche Bank
* Todd Traver, Data Center Strategy and Energy Efficiency Executive, PMP , CDCDP, IBM Data Center Management & Optimization
* Thomas Traugott, Senior Vice President – Datacenter Solutions Group, Cassidy Turley
* Zane Alsabery, CEO, Alchemy Communications, Inc.
* David Gillespie, Project Manager, SSOE Group
* Randy Ortiz, Vice Prsident – Data Center Design and Engineering, Internap
* Christopher Porto, Director – Technology Division, JRM Construction Management, LLC
* Michael Weill, Business Development, Hosting.com
NETWORKING & NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Attendance and interest are building for CRE's New York Data Center Summit. Look Who's Attending as of February 13, 2013:
* 1547 Realty Partners LLC
* 325 Hudson Street
* 451 Research
* Advanced Business Communications – Corning / Cooper B-Line
* AHA ENGINEERS
* Allied Fiber
* Ameristar Fence Products
* Atlantic Power Systems
* Avison Young
* Axiom Communications
* Barnhardt Energy Partners LLC
* Berkshire Partners
* Blackrock Financial
* Bloom Energy
* Bluestone Energy Services
* BTECH INC
* Cassidy Turley
* CCG Facilities Integration Inc
* Chicago Title NJ Direct Operations
* Chil-Pak / U.M.P Data Center Cooling
* CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
* Cobalt Data Centers
* Colliers International
* COMMSULT Group
* Compass Datacenters
* Corgan Associates Architects PC
* Cosentini Associates
* Cross River Fiber
* Cushman & Wakefield of New Jersey, Inc.
* Data Centers Delivered
* DeCotiis, FitzPatrick & Cole, LLP
* Deutsche Bank
* DH Capital, LLC
* Digital Realty Trust
* DJS Group LLC
* DPR Construction
* DuPont Fabros
* EIAD Energy Solutions
For additional information, please view the official conference website:
Telephone registration/questions: Please contact Ronnie Niederman | 212-873-3484
Sponsorship: Adam Knobloch or Brian Klebash | email@example.com | 917-460-3572
SOURCE CAPRATE Events, LLC
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 387
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 442
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 168
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EDT
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 479
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 915
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 250
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 677
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 326
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 297
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Sep. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 243
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 181
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 169
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 467
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 429
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Aug. 26, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 205
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 560
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 497