|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2013 10:40 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- If you are active in data center real estate and technology infrastructure, you will not want to miss CapRate Events (CRE) Second Annual Greater New York Data Center Summit on February 27. As of today, more than 250 senior-level executives and decision makers have made plans to attend. 350+ are expected to attend, including all of the most innovative firms in the Tri-State region and from around the nation. This executive-level summit will be held at the New York City Bar Association and will bring together the most active and innovative firms for important discussion, debate and networking. 40+ speakers will participate in 10 provocative panel discussions, aimed at informing executives with the necessary market intelligence and networking opportunities for new business development in today's environment.
The summit will be the data center event of 2013 for New York and New Jersey -- and it could sell out! The Greater New York Data Center Summit will feature an opening night cocktail reception at Sabey's INTERGATE.MANHATTAN, the city's new and exciting data center.
A limited number of exhibiting and speaking opportunities are available.
* Data Center Disaster Recovery: Exploring the Impact of a Superstorm on the Region's Real Estate & Technology Infrastructure
* End-User Trends & Case Studies: How are the Region's Firms Approaching Energy Efficiency and Real Estate Outsourcing Opportunities?
* Keynote Address: Portfolio Strategy/Site Location/Footprint Composition (Resiliency, Density, Efficiency)?
* Data Center Trendline 2013: Analysis of Market Fundamentals, Investment Sales Volume & New Trends
* Data Center Financing: Exploring the Role of REIT, Technology, and Private Equity Funds
* Luncheon Discussion: Data Center CEO Panel
* New Jersey Data Center Investment & Development Outlook
* Manhattan & New York Data Center Investment & Development Outlook
* Innovations in Energy Efficient Design & Development
* Latency Opportunities & Challenges
* Data Center Debate: Performance Sensitive vs. Undifferentiated Site Selection Decision-Making
Hear 40+ Expert Speakers, including:
* Everett Thompson, Found and CEO, WiredRE
* Brian Doricko, Director – Eastern Region, Digital Realty Trust
* Blake Ellman, President, Net Access Corporation
* Edward Roberts Fabian, Vice President of Operations, American Eagle Systems
* Tim Huffman, Executive Vice President, Global Director | Technology Solutions Group, Colliers International
* Jim Kerrigan, Principal and Director – Data Centres, Avison Young
* Jeffrey A. Moerdler, Member, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
* Mitch Simpler, Managing Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
* Luke Denmon, PMP, Critical Environment Practice, CBRE
* Barry Alton, Managing Director & Global Head – Corporate Real Estate & Services, Jefferies & Company, Inc.
* Brian Cobb, Managing Vice President – Information Technology, Capital One
* Sudhir Kalra, Global Head of Enterprise Data Centers Engineering and Operations, Morgan Stanley
* Charles Hoop, Supply & Demand Management, UBS AG
* Donald Smith, VP for Information Technology and CIO – Office of Information Technology, Rutgers University
* Joshua Vallario, Data Center Manager, BlackRock
* Michael Levy, Analyst – Datacenters, 451 Research
* Jeff Ferry, Director, Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group
* Marty Friedman, Partner & Managing Director, DH Capital, LLC
* John Hendon, IB Managing Director, Stifel, Nicolaus & Company
* Joseph Junda, Senior Director, CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
* John Regan, Vice President of Acquisitions & Due Diligence – Data Center Division, Carter Validus
* Jonathan Schildkraut, Managing Director – Telecom Equity Research, Evercore Partners
* Mike Hagan, Senior Vice President, Schneider Electric
* Michael Bucheit, Chief Executive Officer, FiberMedia Group
* Chris Crosby, CEO, Compass Datacenters
* Tony Greenberg, CEO, RampRate/DeepStrat
* John Sabey, President, Sabey Data Centers
* Eric Shepcaro, Chief Executive Officer and Director, Telx
* Anthony Wanger, President, IO
* Sean P. Brady, Senior Director & Co Founder – Data Center Advisory Group, Cushman & Wakefield of New Jersey, Inc.
* Michael Boccardi, President & CEO, Cervalis
* Colton Brown, Regional Director, DuPont Fabros
* Dennis Cronin, Chief Operating Officer, Steel ORCA
* Shelagh Montgomery, Executive Vice President – Strategic Client Management, Quality Technology Services
* David Spiewak, Chief Executive Officer, DJS Group LLC
* Michael G. Morris, Executive Managing Director, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
* Mark Grossman, Technology, Outsourcing and Telecom Lawyer, Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP
* Ron Guida, Principal Consultant, Cloud, IT, & Security Services, Terremark, a Verizon Company
* Hunter Newby, Founder & CEO, Allied Fiber
* Mark Norton, Vice President, CoreSite
* Patrick K. Shelly, Assistant Vice President, Rudin Management Company, Inc.
* Brian Schafer, Director of Business Development, Highland Associates; President, Metro New York Chapter 7×24 Exchange
* James S. Coe, PE, RCDD Director of Critical Facilities/Senior Vice President, Syska Hennessy Group, Inc.
* Jay Forester, Vice President of Construction, Digital Realty Trust
* Albert DiGuilio P.E., Senior Vice President, EIAD Energy Solutions
* Ryan Goodman, Executive Vice President, Rudox Engine & Equipment Company
* Glen Neville, P.E., LEED AP, Director of Engineering, Deutsche Bank
* Todd Traver, Data Center Strategy and Energy Efficiency Executive, PMP , CDCDP, IBM Data Center Management & Optimization
* Thomas Traugott, Senior Vice President – Datacenter Solutions Group, Cassidy Turley
* Zane Alsabery, CEO, Alchemy Communications, Inc.
* David Gillespie, Project Manager, SSOE Group
* Randy Ortiz, Vice Prsident – Data Center Design and Engineering, Internap
* Christopher Porto, Director – Technology Division, JRM Construction Management, LLC
* Michael Weill, Business Development, Hosting.com
NETWORKING & NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Attendance and interest are building for CRE's New York Data Center Summit. Look Who's Attending as of February 13, 2013:
* 1547 Realty Partners LLC
* 325 Hudson Street
* 451 Research
* Advanced Business Communications – Corning / Cooper B-Line
* AHA ENGINEERS
* Allied Fiber
* Ameristar Fence Products
* Atlantic Power Systems
* Avison Young
* Axiom Communications
* Barnhardt Energy Partners LLC
* Berkshire Partners
* Blackrock Financial
* Bloom Energy
* Bluestone Energy Services
* BTECH INC
* Cassidy Turley
* CCG Facilities Integration Inc
* Chicago Title NJ Direct Operations
* Chil-Pak / U.M.P Data Center Cooling
* CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
* Cobalt Data Centers
* Colliers International
* COMMSULT Group
* Compass Datacenters
* Corgan Associates Architects PC
* Cosentini Associates
* Cross River Fiber
* Cushman & Wakefield of New Jersey, Inc.
* Data Centers Delivered
* DeCotiis, FitzPatrick & Cole, LLP
* Deutsche Bank
* DH Capital, LLC
* Digital Realty Trust
* DJS Group LLC
* DPR Construction
* DuPont Fabros
* EIAD Energy Solutions
For additional information, please view the official conference website:
Telephone registration/questions: Please contact Ronnie Niederman | 212-873-3484
Sponsorship: Adam Knobloch or Brian Klebash | email@example.com | 917-460-3572
SOURCE CAPRATE Events, LLC
Software AG helps organizations transform into Digital Enterprises, so they can differentiate from competitors and better engage customers, partners and employees. Using the Software AG Suite, companies can close the gap between business and IT to create digital systems of differentiation that drive front-line agility. We offer four on-ramps to the Digital Enterprise: alignment through collaborative process analysis; transformation through portfolio management; agility through process automation and integration; and visibility through intelligent business operations and big data.
Sep. 30, 2014 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,214
There will be 50 billion Internet connected devices by 2020. Today, every manufacturer has a propriety protocol and an app. How do we securely integrate these "things" into our lives and businesses in a way that we can easily control and manage? Even better, how do we integrate these "things" so that they control and manage each other so our lives become more convenient or our businesses become more profitable and/or safe? We have heard that the best interface is no interface. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Co-Founder & CTO at Octoblu, Inc., will discuss how these devices generate enough data to learn our behaviors and simplify/improve our lives. What if we could connect everything to everything? I'm not only talking about connecting things to things but also systems, cloud services, and people. Add in a little machine learning and artificial intelligence and now we have something interesting...
Sep. 29, 2014 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,799
Last week, while in San Francisco, I used the Uber app and service four times. All four experiences were great, although one of the drivers stopped for 30 seconds and then left as I was walking up to the car. He must have realized I was a blogger. None the less, the next car was just a minute away and I suffered no pain. In this article, my colleague, Ved Sen, Global Head, Advisory Services Social, Mobile and Sensors at Cognizant shares his experiences and insights.
Sep. 28, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,480
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will want to use their existing identities, but these will have credentials already that are (hopefully) irreversibly encoded. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, will look at how this identity problem can be solved and discuss ways to use existing web identities for real-time communication.
Sep. 27, 2014 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,827
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. It also ensured scalability and better service for customers, including MUY! Companies, one of the country's largest franchise restaurant companies with 232 Pizza Hut locations. This is one example of WebRTC adoption today, but the potential is limitless when powered by IoT. Attendees will learn real-world benefits of WebRTC and explore future possibilities, as WebRTC and IoT intersect to improve customer service.
Sep. 27, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,758
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, will share some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, deploy, and manage applications integrating voice, video and data. He is the co-founder of TeleStax, an Open Source Cloud Communications company that helps the shift from legacy IN/SS7 telco networks to IP-based cloud comms. An early investor in multiple start-ups, he still finds time to code for his companies and contribute to open source projects.
Sep. 27, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,232
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to create new business models as significant as those that were inspired by the Internet and the smartphone 20 and 10 years ago. What business, social and practical implications will this phenomenon bring? That's the subject of "Monetizing the Internet of Things: Perspectives from the Front Lines," an e-book released today and available free of charge from Aria Systems, the leading innovator in recurring revenue management.
Sep. 27, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,409
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges.
Sep. 27, 2014 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,297
There’s Big Data, then there’s really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at 6th Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, to discuss how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines.
Sep. 27, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,988
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices – computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors – connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be!
Sep. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,112
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Erik Lagerway, Co-founder of Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services to the modern P2P RTC era of OTT cloud assisted services.
Sep. 26, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,467
While great strides have been made relative to the video aspects of remote collaboration, audio technology has basically stagnated. Typically all audio is mixed to a single monaural stream and emanates from a single point, such as a speakerphone or a speaker associated with a video monitor. This leads to confusion and lack of understanding among participants especially regarding who is actually speaking. Spatial teleconferencing introduces the concept of acoustic spatial separation between conference participants in three dimensional space. This has been shown to significantly improve comprehension and conference efficiency.
Sep. 26, 2014 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,407
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, will discuss single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example to explain some of these concepts including when to use different storage models.
Sep. 26, 2014 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,245
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridstore delivers vmOptimized™ Storage that self-optimizes to each application or VM across both virtual and physical environments. Leveraging a grid architecture, Gridstore delivers the first end-to-end storage QoS to ensure the most important App or VM performance is never compromised. The storage grid, that uses Gridstore’s performance optimized nodes or capacity optimized nodes, starts with as few a...
Sep. 26, 2014 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,587
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace. These technological reforms have not only changed computers and smartphones, but are also changing the data processing model for all information devices. In particular, in the area known as M2M (Machine-To-Machine), there are great expectations that information with a new type of value can be produced using a variety of devices and sensors saving/sharing data via the network and through large-scale cloud-type data processing. This consortium believes that attaching a huge number of devic...
Sep. 26, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,515
Innodisk is a service-driven provider of industrial embedded flash and DRAM storage products and technologies, with a focus on the enterprise, industrial, aerospace, and defense industries. Innodisk is dedicated to serving their customers and business partners. Quality is vitally important when it comes to industrial embedded flash and DRAM storage products. That’s why Innodisk manufactures all of their products in their own purpose-built memory production facility. In fact, they designed and built their production center to maximize manufacturing efficiency and guarantee the highest quality of our products.
Sep. 26, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,516
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here
Sep. 26, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,474
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. Over the summer Gartner released its much anticipated annual Hype Cycle report and the big news is that Internet of Things has now replaced Big Data as the most hyped technology. Indeed, we're hearing more and more about this fascinating new technological paradigm. Every other IT news item seems to be about IoT and its implications on the future of digital business.
Sep. 26, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,003
BSQUARE is a global leader of embedded software solutions. We enable smart connected systems at the device level and beyond that millions use every day and provide actionable data solutions for the growing Internet of Things (IoT) market. We empower our world-class customers with our products, services and solutions to achieve innovation and success. For more information, visit www.bsquare.com.
Sep. 26, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,364
With the iCloud scandal seemingly in its past, Apple announced new iPhones, updates to iPad and MacBook as well as news on OSX Yosemite. Although consumers will have to wait to get their hands on some of that new stuff, what they can get is the latest release of iOS 8 that Apple made available for most in-market iPhones and iPads. Originally announced at WWDC (Apple’s annual developers conference) in June, iOS 8 seems to spearhead Apple’s newfound focus upon greater integration of their products into everyday tasks, cross-platform mobility and self-monitoring. Before you update your device, here is a look at some of the new features and things you may want to consider from a mobile security perspective.
Sep. 26, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,351