|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2013 10:40 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- If you are active in data center real estate and technology infrastructure, you will not want to miss CapRate Events (CRE) Second Annual Greater New York Data Center Summit on February 27. As of today, more than 250 senior-level executives and decision makers have made plans to attend. 350+ are expected to attend, including all of the most innovative firms in the Tri-State region and from around the nation. This executive-level summit will be held at the New York City Bar Association and will bring together the most active and innovative firms for important discussion, debate and networking. 40+ speakers will participate in 10 provocative panel discussions, aimed at informing executives with the necessary market intelligence and networking opportunities for new business development in today's environment.
The summit will be the data center event of 2013 for New York and New Jersey -- and it could sell out! The Greater New York Data Center Summit will feature an opening night cocktail reception at Sabey's INTERGATE.MANHATTAN, the city's new and exciting data center.
A limited number of exhibiting and speaking opportunities are available.
* Data Center Disaster Recovery: Exploring the Impact of a Superstorm on the Region's Real Estate & Technology Infrastructure
* End-User Trends & Case Studies: How are the Region's Firms Approaching Energy Efficiency and Real Estate Outsourcing Opportunities?
* Keynote Address: Portfolio Strategy/Site Location/Footprint Composition (Resiliency, Density, Efficiency)?
* Data Center Trendline 2013: Analysis of Market Fundamentals, Investment Sales Volume & New Trends
* Data Center Financing: Exploring the Role of REIT, Technology, and Private Equity Funds
* Luncheon Discussion: Data Center CEO Panel
* New Jersey Data Center Investment & Development Outlook
* Manhattan & New York Data Center Investment & Development Outlook
* Innovations in Energy Efficient Design & Development
* Latency Opportunities & Challenges
* Data Center Debate: Performance Sensitive vs. Undifferentiated Site Selection Decision-Making
Hear 40+ Expert Speakers, including:
* Everett Thompson, Found and CEO, WiredRE
* Brian Doricko, Director – Eastern Region, Digital Realty Trust
* Blake Ellman, President, Net Access Corporation
* Edward Roberts Fabian, Vice President of Operations, American Eagle Systems
* Tim Huffman, Executive Vice President, Global Director | Technology Solutions Group, Colliers International
* Jim Kerrigan, Principal and Director – Data Centres, Avison Young
* Jeffrey A. Moerdler, Member, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
* Mitch Simpler, Managing Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
* Luke Denmon, PMP, Critical Environment Practice, CBRE
* Barry Alton, Managing Director & Global Head – Corporate Real Estate & Services, Jefferies & Company, Inc.
* Brian Cobb, Managing Vice President – Information Technology, Capital One
* Sudhir Kalra, Global Head of Enterprise Data Centers Engineering and Operations, Morgan Stanley
* Charles Hoop, Supply & Demand Management, UBS AG
* Donald Smith, VP for Information Technology and CIO – Office of Information Technology, Rutgers University
* Joshua Vallario, Data Center Manager, BlackRock
* Michael Levy, Analyst – Datacenters, 451 Research
* Jeff Ferry, Director, Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group
* Marty Friedman, Partner & Managing Director, DH Capital, LLC
* John Hendon, IB Managing Director, Stifel, Nicolaus & Company
* Joseph Junda, Senior Director, CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
* John Regan, Vice President of Acquisitions & Due Diligence – Data Center Division, Carter Validus
* Jonathan Schildkraut, Managing Director – Telecom Equity Research, Evercore Partners
* Mike Hagan, Senior Vice President, Schneider Electric
* Michael Bucheit, Chief Executive Officer, FiberMedia Group
* Chris Crosby, CEO, Compass Datacenters
* Tony Greenberg, CEO, RampRate/DeepStrat
* John Sabey, President, Sabey Data Centers
* Eric Shepcaro, Chief Executive Officer and Director, Telx
* Anthony Wanger, President, IO
* Sean P. Brady, Senior Director & Co Founder – Data Center Advisory Group, Cushman & Wakefield of New Jersey, Inc.
* Michael Boccardi, President & CEO, Cervalis
* Colton Brown, Regional Director, DuPont Fabros
* Dennis Cronin, Chief Operating Officer, Steel ORCA
* Shelagh Montgomery, Executive Vice President – Strategic Client Management, Quality Technology Services
* David Spiewak, Chief Executive Officer, DJS Group LLC
* Michael G. Morris, Executive Managing Director, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
* Mark Grossman, Technology, Outsourcing and Telecom Lawyer, Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP
* Ron Guida, Principal Consultant, Cloud, IT, & Security Services, Terremark, a Verizon Company
* Hunter Newby, Founder & CEO, Allied Fiber
* Mark Norton, Vice President, CoreSite
* Patrick K. Shelly, Assistant Vice President, Rudin Management Company, Inc.
* Brian Schafer, Director of Business Development, Highland Associates; President, Metro New York Chapter 7×24 Exchange
* James S. Coe, PE, RCDD Director of Critical Facilities/Senior Vice President, Syska Hennessy Group, Inc.
* Jay Forester, Vice President of Construction, Digital Realty Trust
* Albert DiGuilio P.E., Senior Vice President, EIAD Energy Solutions
* Ryan Goodman, Executive Vice President, Rudox Engine & Equipment Company
* Glen Neville, P.E., LEED AP, Director of Engineering, Deutsche Bank
* Todd Traver, Data Center Strategy and Energy Efficiency Executive, PMP , CDCDP, IBM Data Center Management & Optimization
* Thomas Traugott, Senior Vice President – Datacenter Solutions Group, Cassidy Turley
* Zane Alsabery, CEO, Alchemy Communications, Inc.
* David Gillespie, Project Manager, SSOE Group
* Randy Ortiz, Vice Prsident – Data Center Design and Engineering, Internap
* Christopher Porto, Director – Technology Division, JRM Construction Management, LLC
* Michael Weill, Business Development, Hosting.com
NETWORKING & NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Attendance and interest are building for CRE's New York Data Center Summit. Look Who's Attending as of February 13, 2013:
* 1547 Realty Partners LLC
* 325 Hudson Street
* 451 Research
* Advanced Business Communications – Corning / Cooper B-Line
* AHA ENGINEERS
* Allied Fiber
* Ameristar Fence Products
* Atlantic Power Systems
* Avison Young
* Axiom Communications
* Barnhardt Energy Partners LLC
* Berkshire Partners
* Blackrock Financial
* Bloom Energy
* Bluestone Energy Services
* BTECH INC
* Cassidy Turley
* CCG Facilities Integration Inc
* Chicago Title NJ Direct Operations
* Chil-Pak / U.M.P Data Center Cooling
* CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
* Cobalt Data Centers
* Colliers International
* COMMSULT Group
* Compass Datacenters
* Corgan Associates Architects PC
* Cosentini Associates
* Cross River Fiber
* Cushman & Wakefield of New Jersey, Inc.
* Data Centers Delivered
* DeCotiis, FitzPatrick & Cole, LLP
* Deutsche Bank
* DH Capital, LLC
* Digital Realty Trust
* DJS Group LLC
* DPR Construction
* DuPont Fabros
* EIAD Energy Solutions
For additional information, please view the official conference website:
Telephone registration/questions: Please contact Ronnie Niederman | 212-873-3484
Sponsorship: Adam Knobloch or Brian Klebash | email@example.com | 917-460-3572
SOURCE CAPRATE Events, LLC
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 866
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 595
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 709
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,724
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 517
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,196
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,319
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 834
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,676
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sheng Liang to Keynote at SYS-CON's 19th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1-3, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 198
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,510
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,422
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,510
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,287
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,313
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,867
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,955
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,348
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 657
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,446