|By Marketwired .||
|February 25, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/25/13 -- Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the application performance company, today announced the appointment of Kimberly Stevenson to its board of directors. Ms. Stevenson currently serves as vice president and Chief Information Officer (CIO) of Intel Corporation where she is responsible for the corporate-wide use of Information Technology (IT). Stevenson's unique ability to align IT with business priorities will offer valuable first-hand insight to guide Riverbed's corporate vision and technology innovations for its current and prospective customers.
"Kim's breadth and depth of IT experience brings the voice of the customer and significant understanding of the new demands being placed on CIOs," said Jerry M. Kennelly, chairman and CEO at Riverbed®. "IT organizations are looking to re-architect today's enterprise IT infrastructures in pursuit of cost efficiency, manageability, and flexibility. As we enter into our 12th year in business and continue to gain market share with our application performance solutions, we look forward to the many contributions and new perspectives that Kim will bring to our team."
As CIO for Intel, Stevenson oversees an organization of more than 6,000 IT professionals, which delivers leading technology solutions and services that enable Intel's business strategies for growth and efficiency. Previously, Stevenson was vice president and general manager of Intel's Global IT Operations and Services where she led both the strategic and tactical support of Intel's world-wide infrastructure components, including data centers, network and telecommunications, enterprise application support, client computing, and a 24/7 internal service desk. Prior to joining Intel, Stevenson spent seven years at the former EDS, now HP Enterprise Services, holding a variety of positions, including vice president of Worldwide Communications, Media and Entertainment (CM&E) Industry Practice, and vice president of Enterprise Service Management. Before joining EDS, Stevenson spent 18 years at IBM holding several executive positions, including vice president of Marketing and Operations of the eServer iSeries division.
"Riverbed's performance offerings solve many of the challenges enterprises will face as we move to the next generation of enterprise IT. The rapid changes we are seeing in application delivery models and software defined networking represent significant growth opportunities for the company," said Stevenson. "The combination of a superior leadership team and Riverbed's technology and value proposition make this an exciting opportunity for me. I look forward to working together with the Board and contributing to the future direction and growth of the company."
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to Riverbed's market share and the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-K filed with the SEC on February 19, 2013. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Riverbed delivers application performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ: RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1