|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) --
- Doubles backup and archive performance and scale to manage data growth, regulatory requirements and business demands
- Cuts storage-related costs by up to 50 percent, reduces administrative overhead by up to 80 percent and lower total support costs by up to 35 percent
- Opens access to Simpana-managed data from anywhere, enabling users to increase value from corporate information and improve productivity
- Accelerates delivery of managed services and cloud computing with new automation for large-scale data centers
CommVault is enabling enterprises to take an exponential leap forward in protecting and managing their data at scale, creating value from information and improving access with the latest release of the company's singular data management software platform, Simpana® 10. Simpana 10 extends CommVault's data protection and archiving leadership to deliver secure, self-service access from mobile devices, speed the adoption of cloud computing and extract value from Big Data. For the first time, employees across the enterprise – not just IT managers -- can easily repurpose data under management and quickly search, access, create information to enable better decision making and collaboration. More than 300 new features in Simpana 10 combine to reduce risk, slash costs by up to half, reduce administrative overhead by up to 80 percent and lower aggregate support costs by up to 35 percent.
CommVault also launched new enterprise consulting and professional services, educational offerings, including new predictive analytics support. CommVault will showcase Simpana 10 innovations worldwide starting today at its "Power of 10" event in New York City.
More than 75 percent of companies report it is critical or very important that their end users have the ability to securely access data from outside the office from any device, according to a 2013 IDG study commissioned by CommVault. The survey describes the data security, productivity and decision-making challenges caused by information silos and highlights how a single platform providing secure data management and access from anywhere can mitigate these enterprise IT issues. Additionally, 87 percent of organizations are interested in a solution that enables end users to have secure, universal access to all company data from any device at any time, via intuitive search.
Increasing the Value of Data
The Simpana single-platform software architecture builds on CommVault's Solving Forward® vision to modernize data management. Simpana 10's singular architecture efficiently stores all protected data in a virtual repository, called ContentStore, and opens access to simplify the way end users search, analyze and repurpose data across an enterprise. Simpana ContentStore lays the foundation for future innovation, such as automated, content-based retention, and integration with third-party analytics and business intelligence applications.
Slashing Time, Risk and Cost
As enterprises adopt modern techniques to protect and recover their critical applications such as hardware snapshots integrated with backup, CommVault continues to lead the industry in delivering comprehensive data management solutions that help improve efficiency and reduce operational costs. New data protection and archive innovations simplify administration, reduce infrastructure and accelerate virtualization and cloud adoption, such as:
- Enhanced IntelliSnap™ snapshot management, formerly called SnapProtect, provides instant, automated recovery of applications and virtual servers with the industry-leading compatibility. Simpana 10 expands IntelliSnap management of snapshot, backup and replication by adding new integration and use cases to extend customers' existing investments and increase flexibility including: new support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V; enhancements to IBM DB2, Lotus Notes, SAP and Oracle integration; converged snapshot and backup policies that simplify operations; and snapshot cloning orchestration that speeds application testing, development and business analytics.
- Simpana OnePass™ with Exchange makes long-term e-mail retention affordable and practical by converging backup, archiving and reporting into a single process. Simpana OnePass technology eliminates requirements for separate infrastructure with "zero footprint archiving," controls storage growth and delivers 2 times faster e-mail and archive protection. A Microsoft Outlook plug-in enables end-users to reduce the time it takes to search, view and recover archived e-mails from hours to seconds, by accessing e-mails retained in ContentStore directly from Outlook.
- Tighter integration with Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere 5.1 and vCloud Director 5.1 helps enterprises achieve cloud-scale through automated discovery, protection and recovery in virtualized environments.
- Multiple enhancements that slash the cost and complexity of disaster recovery and reduce recovery time, from replicating deduplicated data copies to any storage target to using single-click recovery of backups into virtual machines.
Optimized for IT, Designed for Cloud and Service Providers
IT leaders and service providers can improve quality of service and easily deploy massively scalable, shared services, cloud computing and IT-as-a-service infrastructures. Compared to the previous software release, Simpana 10 reduces the time required to manage operations by up to 50 percent with new innovations including:
- Workflow automation reduces management and operator errors, providing drag-and-drop functionality that simplifies repeatable tasks and frees IT resources for more strategic initiatives.
- Fourth-generation parallel deduplication doubles performance and scale through a new grid-based architecture.
- Customizable web-based reporting, dashboards and cloud-based analytics provide insights to help administrators continuously optimize operations.
- Multi-tenancy protection, self-service operations, chargeback and custom branding enable broad service catalog offerings, reduce cost and increase provider revenue using a single platform.
Transforming the Way Users Discover, Access and Analyze information
CommVault keeps enterprises in stride with their mobile workforce by repurposing protected data in ContentStore, allowing end users to search, view, download and restore files and documents without requiring IT assistance or third-party services. Simpana 10 boosts productivity by up to 50 percent with self-service access and enhancements that reduce retrieval time from hours to seconds including:
- End-users can access their personal data through a new web-based console and CommVault Edge™ mobile app for smartphones and tablets.
- Administrators can access reporting and quickly manage tasks on the go using the new CommVault Monitor app.
- Enhanced search engine integration across multiple content types provides faster, more granular role-based search capabilities.
- For the first time, healthcare professionals can rapidly search and retrieve Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACs) images and electronic records housed in the ContentStore, even if the data originated from multiple PACs platforms. A centralized archive supports both Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) and non-DICOM data, to improve efficiency and control data management costs for healthcare providers.
Backed by Support, Education and Professional Services
CommVault unveiled new service offerings that design and deliver modern information infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes, including:
- Consulting and Professional Services including new disaster recovery, snapshot management, virtual server protection, and data classification and archive policy design
- Enterprise support that proactively and continuously monitor environments to identify potential issues and notify customers to prevent data incidents
- Updated role-based education offerings and new web based training modules
Available immediately direct and through CommVault's PartnerAdvantage global network of distribution, channel and OEM partners.
- Bob Hammer, Chairman and CEO of CommVault: "CIOs continue to look for ways to control Big Data and enhance methods that make the data work smarter for their enterprise. Demand for better data management software and services has been the driving factor in CommVault's 25 percent annual growth over the past seven years, making it the fastest growing storage software company in the world. The launch of Simpana 10 delivers an exponential leap on how companies manage data for their mobile workforces, improve operational efficiency at scale and extract more value from their data for better, more timely decision making."
- Dr. Stephen F. Mills, CIO, Rackspace: "We're an open cloud company with a lean team that moves at the speed of business to back up more than 60,000 customer servers a night. We rely heavily on CommVault to advise us in the way that we back up customer data because data protection is a critical service that we provide our customers. Rackspace backs up 50 petabytes a month with CommVault Simpana software; CommVault's source side dedupe has saved us a substantial amount in disk costs alone, and it helps to keep the data volumes on our network low. Before we selected CommVault, we struggled to get our partners to listen to us and to incorporate the features we needed into their product roadmaps. CommVault has been a great partner, and together we've made some important changes to the Simpana product that are really going to help us in the long term."
- Robert Amatruda, Research Director, Data-Protection and Recovery, IDC: "Unabated data growth, rapid virtualization and an increasingly mobile workforce are outstripping the ability of companies to adequately safeguard their data using traditional processes or tools. CommVault's Simpana 10 delivers a modernized and integrated set of solutions for enterprise customers needing to protect and archive their data at scale as well as repurpose it for many use-cases saving them time and money."
- What the industry is saying about Simpana 10
- CommVault® Simpana® 10 software information page with videos, data sheets and whitepapers
- Livestream webcast of CommVault-hosted Data Management Summit, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. EST, Monday, February 25
- CommVault Blog updated with Simpana 10 posts
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements. The development and timing of any product release as well as any of its features or functionality remain at our sole discretion.
©1999-2013 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, IntelliSnap, ROMS, CommVault Edge, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 2, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,002
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 2, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,054
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,311
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 2, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,004
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,104
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 2, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,357
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 2, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 390
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 2, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,102
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,558
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 979
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
May. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,646
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 2, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 883
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 2, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 801
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
May. 2, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,550
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
May. 1, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,629
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 1, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,089
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
May. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,616
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
May. 1, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,786
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
May. 1, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,367
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 1, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,131