|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) --
- Doubles backup and archive performance and scale to manage data growth, regulatory requirements and business demands
- Cuts storage-related costs by up to 50 percent, reduces administrative overhead by up to 80 percent and lower total support costs by up to 35 percent
- Opens access to Simpana-managed data from anywhere, enabling users to increase value from corporate information and improve productivity
- Accelerates delivery of managed services and cloud computing with new automation for large-scale data centers
CommVault is enabling enterprises to take an exponential leap forward in protecting and managing their data at scale, creating value from information and improving access with the latest release of the company's singular data management software platform, Simpana® 10. Simpana 10 extends CommVault's data protection and archiving leadership to deliver secure, self-service access from mobile devices, speed the adoption of cloud computing and extract value from Big Data. For the first time, employees across the enterprise – not just IT managers -- can easily repurpose data under management and quickly search, access, create information to enable better decision making and collaboration. More than 300 new features in Simpana 10 combine to reduce risk, slash costs by up to half, reduce administrative overhead by up to 80 percent and lower aggregate support costs by up to 35 percent.
CommVault also launched new enterprise consulting and professional services, educational offerings, including new predictive analytics support. CommVault will showcase Simpana 10 innovations worldwide starting today at its "Power of 10" event in New York City.
More than 75 percent of companies report it is critical or very important that their end users have the ability to securely access data from outside the office from any device, according to a 2013 IDG study commissioned by CommVault. The survey describes the data security, productivity and decision-making challenges caused by information silos and highlights how a single platform providing secure data management and access from anywhere can mitigate these enterprise IT issues. Additionally, 87 percent of organizations are interested in a solution that enables end users to have secure, universal access to all company data from any device at any time, via intuitive search.
Increasing the Value of Data
The Simpana single-platform software architecture builds on CommVault's Solving Forward® vision to modernize data management. Simpana 10's singular architecture efficiently stores all protected data in a virtual repository, called ContentStore, and opens access to simplify the way end users search, analyze and repurpose data across an enterprise. Simpana ContentStore lays the foundation for future innovation, such as automated, content-based retention, and integration with third-party analytics and business intelligence applications.
Slashing Time, Risk and Cost
As enterprises adopt modern techniques to protect and recover their critical applications such as hardware snapshots integrated with backup, CommVault continues to lead the industry in delivering comprehensive data management solutions that help improve efficiency and reduce operational costs. New data protection and archive innovations simplify administration, reduce infrastructure and accelerate virtualization and cloud adoption, such as:
- Enhanced IntelliSnap™ snapshot management, formerly called SnapProtect, provides instant, automated recovery of applications and virtual servers with the industry-leading compatibility. Simpana 10 expands IntelliSnap management of snapshot, backup and replication by adding new integration and use cases to extend customers' existing investments and increase flexibility including: new support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V; enhancements to IBM DB2, Lotus Notes, SAP and Oracle integration; converged snapshot and backup policies that simplify operations; and snapshot cloning orchestration that speeds application testing, development and business analytics.
- Simpana OnePass™ with Exchange makes long-term e-mail retention affordable and practical by converging backup, archiving and reporting into a single process. Simpana OnePass technology eliminates requirements for separate infrastructure with "zero footprint archiving," controls storage growth and delivers 2 times faster e-mail and archive protection. A Microsoft Outlook plug-in enables end-users to reduce the time it takes to search, view and recover archived e-mails from hours to seconds, by accessing e-mails retained in ContentStore directly from Outlook.
- Tighter integration with Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere 5.1 and vCloud Director 5.1 helps enterprises achieve cloud-scale through automated discovery, protection and recovery in virtualized environments.
- Multiple enhancements that slash the cost and complexity of disaster recovery and reduce recovery time, from replicating deduplicated data copies to any storage target to using single-click recovery of backups into virtual machines.
Optimized for IT, Designed for Cloud and Service Providers
IT leaders and service providers can improve quality of service and easily deploy massively scalable, shared services, cloud computing and IT-as-a-service infrastructures. Compared to the previous software release, Simpana 10 reduces the time required to manage operations by up to 50 percent with new innovations including:
- Workflow automation reduces management and operator errors, providing drag-and-drop functionality that simplifies repeatable tasks and frees IT resources for more strategic initiatives.
- Fourth-generation parallel deduplication doubles performance and scale through a new grid-based architecture.
- Customizable web-based reporting, dashboards and cloud-based analytics provide insights to help administrators continuously optimize operations.
- Multi-tenancy protection, self-service operations, chargeback and custom branding enable broad service catalog offerings, reduce cost and increase provider revenue using a single platform.
Transforming the Way Users Discover, Access and Analyze information
CommVault keeps enterprises in stride with their mobile workforce by repurposing protected data in ContentStore, allowing end users to search, view, download and restore files and documents without requiring IT assistance or third-party services. Simpana 10 boosts productivity by up to 50 percent with self-service access and enhancements that reduce retrieval time from hours to seconds including:
- End-users can access their personal data through a new web-based console and CommVault Edge™ mobile app for smartphones and tablets.
- Administrators can access reporting and quickly manage tasks on the go using the new CommVault Monitor app.
- Enhanced search engine integration across multiple content types provides faster, more granular role-based search capabilities.
- For the first time, healthcare professionals can rapidly search and retrieve Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACs) images and electronic records housed in the ContentStore, even if the data originated from multiple PACs platforms. A centralized archive supports both Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) and non-DICOM data, to improve efficiency and control data management costs for healthcare providers.
Backed by Support, Education and Professional Services
CommVault unveiled new service offerings that design and deliver modern information infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes, including:
- Consulting and Professional Services including new disaster recovery, snapshot management, virtual server protection, and data classification and archive policy design
- Enterprise support that proactively and continuously monitor environments to identify potential issues and notify customers to prevent data incidents
- Updated role-based education offerings and new web based training modules
Available immediately direct and through CommVault's PartnerAdvantage global network of distribution, channel and OEM partners.
- Bob Hammer, Chairman and CEO of CommVault: "CIOs continue to look for ways to control Big Data and enhance methods that make the data work smarter for their enterprise. Demand for better data management software and services has been the driving factor in CommVault's 25 percent annual growth over the past seven years, making it the fastest growing storage software company in the world. The launch of Simpana 10 delivers an exponential leap on how companies manage data for their mobile workforces, improve operational efficiency at scale and extract more value from their data for better, more timely decision making."
- Dr. Stephen F. Mills, CIO, Rackspace: "We're an open cloud company with a lean team that moves at the speed of business to back up more than 60,000 customer servers a night. We rely heavily on CommVault to advise us in the way that we back up customer data because data protection is a critical service that we provide our customers. Rackspace backs up 50 petabytes a month with CommVault Simpana software; CommVault's source side dedupe has saved us a substantial amount in disk costs alone, and it helps to keep the data volumes on our network low. Before we selected CommVault, we struggled to get our partners to listen to us and to incorporate the features we needed into their product roadmaps. CommVault has been a great partner, and together we've made some important changes to the Simpana product that are really going to help us in the long term."
- Robert Amatruda, Research Director, Data-Protection and Recovery, IDC: "Unabated data growth, rapid virtualization and an increasingly mobile workforce are outstripping the ability of companies to adequately safeguard their data using traditional processes or tools. CommVault's Simpana 10 delivers a modernized and integrated set of solutions for enterprise customers needing to protect and archive their data at scale as well as repurpose it for many use-cases saving them time and money."
- What the industry is saying about Simpana 10
- CommVault® Simpana® 10 software information page with videos, data sheets and whitepapers
- Livestream webcast of CommVault-hosted Data Management Summit, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. EST, Monday, February 25
- CommVault Blog updated with Simpana 10 posts
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements. The development and timing of any product release as well as any of its features or functionality remain at our sole discretion.
©1999-2013 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, IntelliSnap, ROMS, CommVault Edge, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 6,905
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web ...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,194
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,704
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,518
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,489
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 765
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,519
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 903
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,979
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,560
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,992
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,482
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 4,083
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,112
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,978
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 399
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 386
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,870
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 2, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,206
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,824