|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) --
- Doubles backup and archive performance and scale to manage data growth, regulatory requirements and business demands
- Cuts storage-related costs by up to 50 percent, reduces administrative overhead by up to 80 percent and lower total support costs by up to 35 percent
- Opens access to Simpana-managed data from anywhere, enabling users to increase value from corporate information and improve productivity
- Accelerates delivery of managed services and cloud computing with new automation for large-scale data centers
CommVault is enabling enterprises to take an exponential leap forward in protecting and managing their data at scale, creating value from information and improving access with the latest release of the company's singular data management software platform, Simpana® 10. Simpana 10 extends CommVault's data protection and archiving leadership to deliver secure, self-service access from mobile devices, speed the adoption of cloud computing and extract value from Big Data. For the first time, employees across the enterprise – not just IT managers -- can easily repurpose data under management and quickly search, access, create information to enable better decision making and collaboration. More than 300 new features in Simpana 10 combine to reduce risk, slash costs by up to half, reduce administrative overhead by up to 80 percent and lower aggregate support costs by up to 35 percent.
CommVault also launched new enterprise consulting and professional services, educational offerings, including new predictive analytics support. CommVault will showcase Simpana 10 innovations worldwide starting today at its "Power of 10" event in New York City.
More than 75 percent of companies report it is critical or very important that their end users have the ability to securely access data from outside the office from any device, according to a 2013 IDG study commissioned by CommVault. The survey describes the data security, productivity and decision-making challenges caused by information silos and highlights how a single platform providing secure data management and access from anywhere can mitigate these enterprise IT issues. Additionally, 87 percent of organizations are interested in a solution that enables end users to have secure, universal access to all company data from any device at any time, via intuitive search.
Increasing the Value of Data
The Simpana single-platform software architecture builds on CommVault's Solving Forward® vision to modernize data management. Simpana 10's singular architecture efficiently stores all protected data in a virtual repository, called ContentStore, and opens access to simplify the way end users search, analyze and repurpose data across an enterprise. Simpana ContentStore lays the foundation for future innovation, such as automated, content-based retention, and integration with third-party analytics and business intelligence applications.
Slashing Time, Risk and Cost
As enterprises adopt modern techniques to protect and recover their critical applications such as hardware snapshots integrated with backup, CommVault continues to lead the industry in delivering comprehensive data management solutions that help improve efficiency and reduce operational costs. New data protection and archive innovations simplify administration, reduce infrastructure and accelerate virtualization and cloud adoption, such as:
- Enhanced IntelliSnap™ snapshot management, formerly called SnapProtect, provides instant, automated recovery of applications and virtual servers with the industry-leading compatibility. Simpana 10 expands IntelliSnap management of snapshot, backup and replication by adding new integration and use cases to extend customers' existing investments and increase flexibility including: new support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V; enhancements to IBM DB2, Lotus Notes, SAP and Oracle integration; converged snapshot and backup policies that simplify operations; and snapshot cloning orchestration that speeds application testing, development and business analytics.
- Simpana OnePass™ with Exchange makes long-term e-mail retention affordable and practical by converging backup, archiving and reporting into a single process. Simpana OnePass technology eliminates requirements for separate infrastructure with "zero footprint archiving," controls storage growth and delivers 2 times faster e-mail and archive protection. A Microsoft Outlook plug-in enables end-users to reduce the time it takes to search, view and recover archived e-mails from hours to seconds, by accessing e-mails retained in ContentStore directly from Outlook.
- Tighter integration with Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere 5.1 and vCloud Director 5.1 helps enterprises achieve cloud-scale through automated discovery, protection and recovery in virtualized environments.
- Multiple enhancements that slash the cost and complexity of disaster recovery and reduce recovery time, from replicating deduplicated data copies to any storage target to using single-click recovery of backups into virtual machines.
Optimized for IT, Designed for Cloud and Service Providers
IT leaders and service providers can improve quality of service and easily deploy massively scalable, shared services, cloud computing and IT-as-a-service infrastructures. Compared to the previous software release, Simpana 10 reduces the time required to manage operations by up to 50 percent with new innovations including:
- Workflow automation reduces management and operator errors, providing drag-and-drop functionality that simplifies repeatable tasks and frees IT resources for more strategic initiatives.
- Fourth-generation parallel deduplication doubles performance and scale through a new grid-based architecture.
- Customizable web-based reporting, dashboards and cloud-based analytics provide insights to help administrators continuously optimize operations.
- Multi-tenancy protection, self-service operations, chargeback and custom branding enable broad service catalog offerings, reduce cost and increase provider revenue using a single platform.
Transforming the Way Users Discover, Access and Analyze information
CommVault keeps enterprises in stride with their mobile workforce by repurposing protected data in ContentStore, allowing end users to search, view, download and restore files and documents without requiring IT assistance or third-party services. Simpana 10 boosts productivity by up to 50 percent with self-service access and enhancements that reduce retrieval time from hours to seconds including:
- End-users can access their personal data through a new web-based console and CommVault Edge™ mobile app for smartphones and tablets.
- Administrators can access reporting and quickly manage tasks on the go using the new CommVault Monitor app.
- Enhanced search engine integration across multiple content types provides faster, more granular role-based search capabilities.
- For the first time, healthcare professionals can rapidly search and retrieve Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACs) images and electronic records housed in the ContentStore, even if the data originated from multiple PACs platforms. A centralized archive supports both Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) and non-DICOM data, to improve efficiency and control data management costs for healthcare providers.
Backed by Support, Education and Professional Services
CommVault unveiled new service offerings that design and deliver modern information infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes, including:
- Consulting and Professional Services including new disaster recovery, snapshot management, virtual server protection, and data classification and archive policy design
- Enterprise support that proactively and continuously monitor environments to identify potential issues and notify customers to prevent data incidents
- Updated role-based education offerings and new web based training modules
Available immediately direct and through CommVault's PartnerAdvantage global network of distribution, channel and OEM partners.
- Bob Hammer, Chairman and CEO of CommVault: "CIOs continue to look for ways to control Big Data and enhance methods that make the data work smarter for their enterprise. Demand for better data management software and services has been the driving factor in CommVault's 25 percent annual growth over the past seven years, making it the fastest growing storage software company in the world. The launch of Simpana 10 delivers an exponential leap on how companies manage data for their mobile workforces, improve operational efficiency at scale and extract more value from their data for better, more timely decision making."
- Dr. Stephen F. Mills, CIO, Rackspace: "We're an open cloud company with a lean team that moves at the speed of business to back up more than 60,000 customer servers a night. We rely heavily on CommVault to advise us in the way that we back up customer data because data protection is a critical service that we provide our customers. Rackspace backs up 50 petabytes a month with CommVault Simpana software; CommVault's source side dedupe has saved us a substantial amount in disk costs alone, and it helps to keep the data volumes on our network low. Before we selected CommVault, we struggled to get our partners to listen to us and to incorporate the features we needed into their product roadmaps. CommVault has been a great partner, and together we've made some important changes to the Simpana product that are really going to help us in the long term."
- Robert Amatruda, Research Director, Data-Protection and Recovery, IDC: "Unabated data growth, rapid virtualization and an increasingly mobile workforce are outstripping the ability of companies to adequately safeguard their data using traditional processes or tools. CommVault's Simpana 10 delivers a modernized and integrated set of solutions for enterprise customers needing to protect and archive their data at scale as well as repurpose it for many use-cases saving them time and money."
- What the industry is saying about Simpana 10
- CommVault® Simpana® 10 software information page with videos, data sheets and whitepapers
- Livestream webcast of CommVault-hosted Data Management Summit, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. EST, Monday, February 25
- CommVault Blog updated with Simpana 10 posts
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements. The development and timing of any product release as well as any of its features or functionality remain at our sole discretion.
©1999-2013 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, IntelliSnap, ROMS, CommVault Edge, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,467
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 772
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 999
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 23, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,809
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,332
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,407
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,675
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,322
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,097
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,741
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 692
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Oct. 23, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,921
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,834
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,695
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,954
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 942
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 852
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,655
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 673
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,965