|By PR Newswire||
|February 28, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its ongoing commitment to helping organizations in growth markets better manage their increasing Big Data challenges, IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that two fast-growing businesses in Azerbaijan have selected IBM advanced systems and storage to help them more effectively process, manage and store their mounting data volumes.
Azersun Holding, the largest producer and exporter in the country's food industry is leveraging IBM PureFlex Systems and IBM Storwize V7000 storage to process and store more than 188 TB of data. Meanwhile, the International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA), one of the largest banks in the country, with 36 branches and 95 service outlets, is improving access to critical business information with a new IBM Storwize V7000 storage infrastructure. The solutions were selected over HP, Cisco and EMC alternatives.
"We run a complex and geographically dispersed business, which contributes significantly to the GDP of Azerbaijan," said Ruslan Quliyev, Head of System & Network Administration Group, at Azersun Holding. "We needed an IT infrastructure to process our data in a way that equips us with a real-time snapshot of our business to back up our management decisions. We deployed the IBM solution and began production in a few hours, reducing the back-up time by a third, which is a great business advantage for us."
Azersun Holding, which has a nationwide network of leading-edge manufacturing facilities with high-volume production capacity, also boasts a large network of overseas supply and distribution offices. The company needed to link its ERP and sales management systems to enable retailers and partners to work with the same information at the same time. But to do that, it needed to be able to process its growing volumes of digital information much faster – and preferably reducing power consumption and not increasing the IT footprint along the way.
IBM outfitted the company with a high-performing, easily managed and efficient IBM PureFlex and IBM Storwize V7000 integrated solution. Chosen over HP and Cisco, the IBM solution has helped Azersun Holding increase business-critical information processing by 2.5 times, and reduce power consumption by 30 percent. As a result, Azersun is considering transferring several additional business applications to the integrated IBM solution.
IBA Gets Serious About Big Data Storage
Headquartered in Baku, IBA is one of the largest banks in Azerbaijan, offering a wide range of high-quality banking services in branches and outlets in 40 cities across the country. To improve access to critical business information, the bank needed a higher-performance storage infrastructure. Having considered a variety of alternatives, including solutions from HP and EMC, the bank selected the IBM Storwize V7000.
"We wanted to ensure the highest quality of customer service which depends on the availability of IT systems and its performance," said Yalcin Taghizadeh, IT director of the International Bank of Azerbaijan. "We selected the IBM Storwize V7000 because it can handle our growing flow of information reliably and securely."
All told, the IBM Storwize V7000 solution improved the bank's storage utilization, helped centralize and simplify management, and through virtualization technologies, increased capacity. As a result, IBA was able to expand and easily manage its ever-increasing data volumes.
The deals in the Caspian Sea nation of Azerbaijan are a boost to IBM's business in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) region where it is currently expanding its operations in line with a growing base of clients and partners. Azerbaijan has some of the IT industry's fastest growth rates in the region reaching almost 16 percent in 2012 according to government sources. As part of a major initiative to capture new business opportunities and expand its reach, IBM is increasing its presence in the fastest growing markets in the world.
For more information about Azersun, please visit: http://www.azersun.az/en_index.asp
For more information about IBA, please visit: http://www2.ibar.az/index.php?lang=en
IBM, the IBM logo, ibm.com, PureSystems, PureFlex, PureApplication, PureData, Storwize, Smarter Planet and the planet icon are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. For a current list of IBM trademarks, please see www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml
All other company, product or service names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of others. Statements concerning IBM's future development plans and schedules are made for planning purposes only, and are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Reseller prices may vary.
IBM Global Communications
IBM Systems and Technology Group
IBM Media Relations
1 (914) 766-4935
Mobile: 1 (585) 698-9974
IBM Media Relations, Russia & CIS
Phone: +7 (985) 761 16 86
Media relations, IBM Growth Markets
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1