|By PR Newswire||
|March 27, 2013 11:30 AM EDT||
REDMOND, Wash., March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsoft Corp. today announced four Microsoft Dynamics Customer Excellence Award winners and showcased eight unique customer approaches to using Microsoft Dynamics in the state and local government market. These customers join more than 500 state and local government organizations leveraging the power of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform to achieve cost savings, streamline operations and transform the delivery of citizen services.
"State and local government leaders are facing increasing pressure to cut costs while improving our nation's most critical services across public safety, healthcare and entitlement programs," said Amir Capriles, general manager, U.S. Public Sector Dynamics at Microsoft. "Our Customer Excellence Award winners are using Microsoft Dynamics CRM to solve complex business challenges, grow with constituent demands and replace legacy IT environments. We applaud their vision and leadership in driving significant impact for their constituents."
Faced with serious fiscal challenges and resource constraints, government, education and healthcare organizations are seeking alternatives to expensive legacy systems. Public sector leaders are increasingly turning to Microsoft Dynamics CRM because the solution empowers organizations to be more responsive to citizen needs at a fraction of the cost, and these four award winners — Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Commonwealth of Virginia, Cancer Treatment Centers of America Inc. and Illinois Department of Corrections — are leading the way through their innovative deployments.
State and Local Governments
- Innovative Service Delivery and Cost Savings: Commonwealth of Virginia. The commonwealth has modernized multiple agencies' business functions with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Virginia decided to replace outdated, manual systems and processes by adopting a shared services environment, eliminating the need for customized agency solutions. The modernization has sped the processing of citizen services inquiries; eliminated outdated, unsupported software and hardware systems; and enabled staff to work on other, more strategic tasks. The agencies are now operating more efficiently, which benefits both the citizens of Virginia and other state agencies. Virginia continues its innovative and creative approach to improving customer service and is saving taxpayers' dollars in the process. Commonwealth of Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell summarized, "It makes the citizens happier; it makes our state employees happier because they can deliver better value and service to the customer. It's just a win-win."
- Managing a Citywide Convention: City of Charlotte, N.C. Faced with hosting a large influx of visitors during the 2012 Democratic National Convention, the city needed to replace its manual permitting processes with a new solution. The city adopted Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and tailored the permitting solution to meet the unique demands of hosting the convention. The deployment has enabled Charlotte to reduce the burden of maintenance on its IT resources, automate previously manual workflows and streamline the overall event application process.
- Driving Up Jobs and Revenue: State of Indiana Economic Development Corp. (IEDC). Indiana and its economic development corporation have undertaken massive transformations that make the state more economically viable and improve responsiveness, accountability and efficiency. Bucking downturn trends, the state has attracted $6.4 billion in new economic development and 27,620 jobs. To achieve these results, the state improved collaboration and data access and automated processes by partnering with Crowe Horwarth International to deliver the Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution, enabling economic development staff to spend more time strengthening existing business relationships and pursuing prospective companies. Chad Pittman, executive vice president at IEDC, explained, "With the business process transformation and Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementation, IEDC doubled per-employee productivity and total deal flow while reducing the agency's annual budget allocation from $60 million to $40 million."
Justice and Public Safety Agencies
- Unified Offender Case Management: County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania. The courts, jails, district attorneys, and probation and parole offices that make up the criminal justice system previously maintained disparate case management systems. This wide range of applications lacked common standards, which led to duplicative data entries and made reporting and analysis very complex. As a result, the association developed a unified case management solution built on Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Combined with a set of Nation Information Exchange Model-compliant data standards, the platform improved information sharing at all levels of government and increased efficiency and accuracy throughout the offender lifecycle.
- Advanced Information Sharing and Mobile Victim Notification: Indiana Department of Corrections (IDOC). The department is integrating technology services to improve communication between criminal justice partners and to better serve victims. Built on Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Indiana Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification shares custody information about offenders with crime victims and citizens. The IDOC can now personalize notifications, giving them control over how and when they are notified and improving information that is provided to victims, law enforcement and other justice partners.
- Reforming the Criminal Justice System: Illinois Department of Corrections (DOC). Guided by the governor's vision, Illinois is reforming the criminal justice system through a public-private partnership for the state's first cloud-based deployment, built on Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. Illinois DOC selected the solution for its Offender-360 project to manage its statewide criminal justice population and help protect citizen safety. Illinois DOC is undergoing a phased rollout, anticipating 5,500 users of Offender-360 by the summer of 2013. The solution centralizes all information and intelligence on offenders to help staff make more effective and informed decisions regarding placement, rehabilitation and release. "This cutting-edge technology will give Illinois one of the most advanced criminal justice information systems in the country," said Illinois Governor Pat Quinn. "It will save Illinois' taxpayers millions of dollars while increasing public safety throughout the state."
Health and Human Services Agencies
- Reimagined Health and Streamlined Delivery of Care: Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals (DHH). Leveraging Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Louisiana DHH is modernizing case management for the Office of Adult and Aging Services, providing case workers and citizens with one solution for intake, assessment, electronic plan of care and ongoing case management. Microsoft Dynamics CRM will help Louisiana DHH consolidate more than 109 existing case management applications under a single platform, enabling a projected decrease in more than 40 percent of redundant tasks and programs. Louisiana DHH plans to use Dynamics CRM as part of its upcoming Medicaid eligibility modernization engagement with Deloitte Consulting to support Medicaid recipients across the state. "Innovation is occurring in all corners of our healthcare system where states have led the execution of nation's health IT agenda," said Bruce Greenstein, secretary, Louisiana DHH. "We must continue to push the entire healthcare community toward solutions that translate new technological capabilities into more efficient delivery of care and better health outcomes."
- Rapid Hotline Response and Reduced Abuse: Florida Department of Children & Families Abuse Hotline. IBM leverages Microsoft Dynamics CRM to deliver a call-center solution for more efficient intake processes, online reporting and performance management functions to improve the experience for more than 200 hotline counselors and the quality of interaction with child protective investigators and law enforcement. As a result of using the platform, the hotline can more quickly respond to calls, help ensure greater data accuracy, and more effectively identify patterns of abuse and manage high-risk situations.
- Inter-County Standardization and Care Coordination: Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD). To transform a highly fragmented environment to a more seamless, coordinated system, the DODD chose Microsoft Dynamics CRM for its Imagine project. The new shared information system environment lets 18 region V counties, the Mideast Ohio Regional Council and its supporting council of government use shared administrative activities and standardized practices to deliver services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Timely and Responsive Benefits: The State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS). CareDirector, built on Microsoft Dynamics CRM, will be used to manage the Aging and Disability Resource Centers across the state, including options and benefits counseling services, and to manage its Older Americans Act programs for nutrition, transportation and other services for seniors and people with disabilities. The system promises timely, responsive and transparent data for DHS' operations.
- Greater Patient Care, Savings and Retention: Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA). CTCA offers cancer patients an integrated care model that combines traditional medical care with therapies to help manage side effects, strengthen the immune system and improve quality of life. After implementing Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the CTCA can now more effectively maintain records, have a single view of the patient, integrate with ancillary systems and processes, and respond to growth and patient needs. Microsoft Dynamics CRM has resulted in significant cost savings and improved retention for CTCA.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
SOURCE Microsoft Corp.
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 19, 2014 12:45 PM EST Reads: 707
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,729
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 19, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,883
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,337
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,709
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 19, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 2,705
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 19, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,998
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 19, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 2,416
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,551
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,114
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,197
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 2,124
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 2,148
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 2,127
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,031
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,227
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,102
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,519
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 8,133
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,278