|By PR Newswire||
|May 24, 2013 02:34 PM EDT||
DEARBORN, Mich., May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Forty-seven of Ford's top-performing suppliers received World Excellence Awards for 2012
- A special honor was given to 35 suppliers who demonstrated the Go Further mindset and continuous pursuit of excellence in the face of unforeseen business challenges
- Ford's supplier partners are recognized for achieving the highest level of excellence in key areas including quality, cost performance and delivery
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) hosted its 15th annual World Excellence Awards (WEA) ceremony Thursday evening to celebrate 47 of its top-performing global suppliers in 2012.
Tony Brown, group vice president, global purchasing, thanked the suppliers for their contribution to delivering high-quality products to Ford customers.
"Our partnership with our suppliers played a pivotal role in the progress we made on the One Ford plan in 2012," said Brown. "Our WEA winners have shown a dedication to excellence. Thank you for helping Ford serve customers with the best vehicles in the world."
The WEA honors production and nonproduction suppliers. The award-winning suppliers represent thousands of employees across the globe who bring diverse cultures, values and ideas to Ford Motor Company.
There are three types of awards to recognize these top suppliers:
- Gold is awarded to the top 5 percent of qualifying suppliers who demonstrated superior quality, delivery and cost performance
- Silver recognizes the top 10 percent of qualifying suppliers who excelled in quality, cost and delivery
- Recognition of Achievement is given to suppliers who improve customer satisfaction by providing significant contributions in key areas – New Consumer-Focused Technology, Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma, Durability and Reliability Performance, Corporate Responsibility, Supplier Diversity Development and Community Service
This year Ford recognized 35 additional suppliers with a special Go Further award for their contributions to the Evonik fire recovery, emergency resourcing actions, and extraordinary plant and equipment launch support. The tireless work and assistance of these suppliers helped to minimize production disruptions, and even more importantly, they exhibited courage, strength and leadership during a time of hardship.
Mark Fields, Ford chief operating officer, thanked the supplier partners for continuing to embrace the Go Further mindset in the face of adversity.
"We want to recognize those suppliers who have demonstrated excellence despite the unforeseen challenges that have happened over the past year," said Fields. "Thanks to your unwavering commitment, we are closer than ever to reaching our goal of delivering profitable growth for all."
This year, 14 Gold, 21 Silver and 12 Recognition of Achievement honors were awarded along with the 35 Go Further honors.
The 2012 winners are:
- Acciona Facility Services, Barcelona, Spain; Facility Management
- BASF, Capital Federal, Argentina; Paint
- Devon Industrial Group, Detroit; Demolition and Decommissioning Management
- F. Segura, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain; Stampings
- Flex-N-Gate – Ventra, Grand Rapids, Mich.; Metal Bumpers
- Hulsbeck & Furst – Huf Espana, El Burgo De Osma, Soria, Spain; Door Handles
- Kunshan Macauto Automotive Parts Industry, Kunshan, Jiangsu, China; Luggage Covers
- Mahle Engine Components, Morristown, Tenn.; Pistons
- Minacs Marketing Solutions, Farmington Hills, Mich.; Marketing Programs
- Ogura, Chesterfield Township, Mich.; Differentials
- Summit Plastics, Jiangning, Nanjing, China; IP Finish Panels
- Tenneco Automotive, Gliwice, Poland; Shock Absorbers
- Transportistas Unidos Mexicanos Division Norte, Tlalnepantla, Mexico; Truckload Carriers
- Warn Industries, Milwaukie, Ore.; Axles
- Acumuladores Moura, Belo Jardim, Brazil; Batteries
- Autoneum Poland, Katowice, Poland; NVH Insulation
- Delphi Delco France, Saint Aubain du Cormier, France, Security Systems
- Fanuc Robotics America, Rochester Hills, Mich.; Body Shop and Paint Robots
- Federal-Mogul, South Bend, Ind.; Pistons
- Flextronics – Saturn Electronics and Engineering, Juarez, Mexico; Wiring
- Gil Mar Manufacturing – PGI Far East Precision Products, Shanghai, China; Iron Engine Castings
- Husco Automotive Technologies, Whitewater, Wis.; Variable Valve Timing
- Inalfa SSI Roof Systems, Warren, Mich.; Sliding Roofs
- Inteva Products, Saint Die, France; Door Latches
- Iochpe-Maxion – Hayes Lemmerz, Konigswinter, Germany; Wheels
- Mark IV Industries – Dayco Europe, Chieti Scalo, Italy; Fead Systems
- Morpace, Farmington Hills, Mich.; Market Research
- MRF, Puducherry, India; Tires
- MSX International, Colchester, Essex, U.K.; Agency Labor
- NYK Group, Tokyo, Japan; Transportation
- Pratt Industries, Conyers, Ga.; Corrugated Packaging Material
- Progress-Werk Oberkirch, Oberkirch, Germany; IP Cross Car Beam
- Shanghai GKN Driveshaft, Zhoupu Pudong, Shanghai, China; Driveshafts
- Tower Automotive, Bellevue, Ohio; Frames
- Umicore Brasil, Americana, Sao Paulo, Brazil; Catalytic Converter Internals
Recognition of Achievement
- Dakkota Integrated Systems, Holt, Mich.; Supplier Diversity Development, Diverse Supplier of the Year
- Flex-N-Gate, Urbana, Ill.; ABF Principles
- Flextronics International, San Jose, Calif.; Corporate Responsibility
- Gentex, Zeeland, Mich.; New Consumer-Focused Technology
- GKN Driveline, Newton, N.C.; New Consumer-Focused Technology
- Hewlett-Packard, Palo Alto, Calif.; Corporate Responsibility
- IBM, Armonk, N.Y.; Supplier Diversity Development, Corporation of the Year
- Muhr und Bender, Attendorn, Germany; ABF Principles
- TDK Yurihonjo, Yurihonjo, Akita, Japan; Durability and Reliability
- Tenneco – Walker Manufacturing, Ligonier, Ind.; Warranty Improvement
- The Diez Group – Delaco Steel, Detroit; Community Service
- Tomkins – Gates, Windsor, Ontario, Canada; Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma
- Betz Industries
- Cooper Standard
- Dytech Automotive
- Easton Fluid Power
- Evonik Industries
- FTE Automotive
- Inergy Automotive Systems
- Ji Chyuan Enterprise
- Lesco Design and Manufacturing
- Mahle Metal Leve
- Martinrea International
- MGI Coutier-Avon Automotive
- Nemak Dillingen
- Norma Group Mexico
- Orda Otomotiv-Nobel Plastiques and Nobel Rocket
- Robert Bosch
- Spectra Premium Industries
- Taiwan Sanoh Electric
- TI Automotive
- Troy Design and Manufacturing
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Valeo Lighting
- Voss Automotive
- Yapp Automotive Parts
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 238
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,257
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,169
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 29, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 424
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 278
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,377
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,755
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,036
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,041
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,023
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 314
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,895
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,564
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,142
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 380
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,947
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 447
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,523
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,482
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Jul. 24, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,050