|By PR Newswire||
|May 24, 2013 02:34 PM EDT||
DEARBORN, Mich., May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Forty-seven of Ford's top-performing suppliers received World Excellence Awards for 2012
- A special honor was given to 35 suppliers who demonstrated the Go Further mindset and continuous pursuit of excellence in the face of unforeseen business challenges
- Ford's supplier partners are recognized for achieving the highest level of excellence in key areas including quality, cost performance and delivery
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) hosted its 15th annual World Excellence Awards (WEA) ceremony Thursday evening to celebrate 47 of its top-performing global suppliers in 2012.
Tony Brown, group vice president, global purchasing, thanked the suppliers for their contribution to delivering high-quality products to Ford customers.
"Our partnership with our suppliers played a pivotal role in the progress we made on the One Ford plan in 2012," said Brown. "Our WEA winners have shown a dedication to excellence. Thank you for helping Ford serve customers with the best vehicles in the world."
The WEA honors production and nonproduction suppliers. The award-winning suppliers represent thousands of employees across the globe who bring diverse cultures, values and ideas to Ford Motor Company.
There are three types of awards to recognize these top suppliers:
- Gold is awarded to the top 5 percent of qualifying suppliers who demonstrated superior quality, delivery and cost performance
- Silver recognizes the top 10 percent of qualifying suppliers who excelled in quality, cost and delivery
- Recognition of Achievement is given to suppliers who improve customer satisfaction by providing significant contributions in key areas – New Consumer-Focused Technology, Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma, Durability and Reliability Performance, Corporate Responsibility, Supplier Diversity Development and Community Service
This year Ford recognized 35 additional suppliers with a special Go Further award for their contributions to the Evonik fire recovery, emergency resourcing actions, and extraordinary plant and equipment launch support. The tireless work and assistance of these suppliers helped to minimize production disruptions, and even more importantly, they exhibited courage, strength and leadership during a time of hardship.
Mark Fields, Ford chief operating officer, thanked the supplier partners for continuing to embrace the Go Further mindset in the face of adversity.
"We want to recognize those suppliers who have demonstrated excellence despite the unforeseen challenges that have happened over the past year," said Fields. "Thanks to your unwavering commitment, we are closer than ever to reaching our goal of delivering profitable growth for all."
This year, 14 Gold, 21 Silver and 12 Recognition of Achievement honors were awarded along with the 35 Go Further honors.
The 2012 winners are:
- Acciona Facility Services, Barcelona, Spain; Facility Management
- BASF, Capital Federal, Argentina; Paint
- Devon Industrial Group, Detroit; Demolition and Decommissioning Management
- F. Segura, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain; Stampings
- Flex-N-Gate – Ventra, Grand Rapids, Mich.; Metal Bumpers
- Hulsbeck & Furst – Huf Espana, El Burgo De Osma, Soria, Spain; Door Handles
- Kunshan Macauto Automotive Parts Industry, Kunshan, Jiangsu, China; Luggage Covers
- Mahle Engine Components, Morristown, Tenn.; Pistons
- Minacs Marketing Solutions, Farmington Hills, Mich.; Marketing Programs
- Ogura, Chesterfield Township, Mich.; Differentials
- Summit Plastics, Jiangning, Nanjing, China; IP Finish Panels
- Tenneco Automotive, Gliwice, Poland; Shock Absorbers
- Transportistas Unidos Mexicanos Division Norte, Tlalnepantla, Mexico; Truckload Carriers
- Warn Industries, Milwaukie, Ore.; Axles
- Acumuladores Moura, Belo Jardim, Brazil; Batteries
- Autoneum Poland, Katowice, Poland; NVH Insulation
- Delphi Delco France, Saint Aubain du Cormier, France, Security Systems
- Fanuc Robotics America, Rochester Hills, Mich.; Body Shop and Paint Robots
- Federal-Mogul, South Bend, Ind.; Pistons
- Flextronics – Saturn Electronics and Engineering, Juarez, Mexico; Wiring
- Gil Mar Manufacturing – PGI Far East Precision Products, Shanghai, China; Iron Engine Castings
- Husco Automotive Technologies, Whitewater, Wis.; Variable Valve Timing
- Inalfa SSI Roof Systems, Warren, Mich.; Sliding Roofs
- Inteva Products, Saint Die, France; Door Latches
- Iochpe-Maxion – Hayes Lemmerz, Konigswinter, Germany; Wheels
- Mark IV Industries – Dayco Europe, Chieti Scalo, Italy; Fead Systems
- Morpace, Farmington Hills, Mich.; Market Research
- MRF, Puducherry, India; Tires
- MSX International, Colchester, Essex, U.K.; Agency Labor
- NYK Group, Tokyo, Japan; Transportation
- Pratt Industries, Conyers, Ga.; Corrugated Packaging Material
- Progress-Werk Oberkirch, Oberkirch, Germany; IP Cross Car Beam
- Shanghai GKN Driveshaft, Zhoupu Pudong, Shanghai, China; Driveshafts
- Tower Automotive, Bellevue, Ohio; Frames
- Umicore Brasil, Americana, Sao Paulo, Brazil; Catalytic Converter Internals
Recognition of Achievement
- Dakkota Integrated Systems, Holt, Mich.; Supplier Diversity Development, Diverse Supplier of the Year
- Flex-N-Gate, Urbana, Ill.; ABF Principles
- Flextronics International, San Jose, Calif.; Corporate Responsibility
- Gentex, Zeeland, Mich.; New Consumer-Focused Technology
- GKN Driveline, Newton, N.C.; New Consumer-Focused Technology
- Hewlett-Packard, Palo Alto, Calif.; Corporate Responsibility
- IBM, Armonk, N.Y.; Supplier Diversity Development, Corporation of the Year
- Muhr und Bender, Attendorn, Germany; ABF Principles
- TDK Yurihonjo, Yurihonjo, Akita, Japan; Durability and Reliability
- Tenneco – Walker Manufacturing, Ligonier, Ind.; Warranty Improvement
- The Diez Group – Delaco Steel, Detroit; Community Service
- Tomkins – Gates, Windsor, Ontario, Canada; Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma
- Betz Industries
- Cooper Standard
- Dytech Automotive
- Easton Fluid Power
- Evonik Industries
- FTE Automotive
- Inergy Automotive Systems
- Ji Chyuan Enterprise
- Lesco Design and Manufacturing
- Mahle Metal Leve
- Martinrea International
- MGI Coutier-Avon Automotive
- Nemak Dillingen
- Norma Group Mexico
- Orda Otomotiv-Nobel Plastiques and Nobel Rocket
- Robert Bosch
- Spectra Premium Industries
- Taiwan Sanoh Electric
- TI Automotive
- Troy Design and Manufacturing
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Valeo Lighting
- Voss Automotive
- Yapp Automotive Parts
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,189
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,426
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 611
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,771
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,449
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 901
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 918
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 21, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 863
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 21, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,051
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:50 AM EDT Reads: 222
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,640
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,229
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 273
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,372
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 11,125
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,584
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,735
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,284
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 883
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,796