|By PR Newswire||
|May 24, 2013 02:34 PM EDT||
DEARBORN, Mich., May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Forty-seven of Ford's top-performing suppliers received World Excellence Awards for 2012
- A special honor was given to 35 suppliers who demonstrated the Go Further mindset and continuous pursuit of excellence in the face of unforeseen business challenges
- Ford's supplier partners are recognized for achieving the highest level of excellence in key areas including quality, cost performance and delivery
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) hosted its 15th annual World Excellence Awards (WEA) ceremony Thursday evening to celebrate 47 of its top-performing global suppliers in 2012.
Tony Brown, group vice president, global purchasing, thanked the suppliers for their contribution to delivering high-quality products to Ford customers.
"Our partnership with our suppliers played a pivotal role in the progress we made on the One Ford plan in 2012," said Brown. "Our WEA winners have shown a dedication to excellence. Thank you for helping Ford serve customers with the best vehicles in the world."
The WEA honors production and nonproduction suppliers. The award-winning suppliers represent thousands of employees across the globe who bring diverse cultures, values and ideas to Ford Motor Company.
There are three types of awards to recognize these top suppliers:
- Gold is awarded to the top 5 percent of qualifying suppliers who demonstrated superior quality, delivery and cost performance
- Silver recognizes the top 10 percent of qualifying suppliers who excelled in quality, cost and delivery
- Recognition of Achievement is given to suppliers who improve customer satisfaction by providing significant contributions in key areas – New Consumer-Focused Technology, Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma, Durability and Reliability Performance, Corporate Responsibility, Supplier Diversity Development and Community Service
This year Ford recognized 35 additional suppliers with a special Go Further award for their contributions to the Evonik fire recovery, emergency resourcing actions, and extraordinary plant and equipment launch support. The tireless work and assistance of these suppliers helped to minimize production disruptions, and even more importantly, they exhibited courage, strength and leadership during a time of hardship.
Mark Fields, Ford chief operating officer, thanked the supplier partners for continuing to embrace the Go Further mindset in the face of adversity.
"We want to recognize those suppliers who have demonstrated excellence despite the unforeseen challenges that have happened over the past year," said Fields. "Thanks to your unwavering commitment, we are closer than ever to reaching our goal of delivering profitable growth for all."
This year, 14 Gold, 21 Silver and 12 Recognition of Achievement honors were awarded along with the 35 Go Further honors.
The 2012 winners are:
- Acciona Facility Services, Barcelona, Spain; Facility Management
- BASF, Capital Federal, Argentina; Paint
- Devon Industrial Group, Detroit; Demolition and Decommissioning Management
- F. Segura, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain; Stampings
- Flex-N-Gate – Ventra, Grand Rapids, Mich.; Metal Bumpers
- Hulsbeck & Furst – Huf Espana, El Burgo De Osma, Soria, Spain; Door Handles
- Kunshan Macauto Automotive Parts Industry, Kunshan, Jiangsu, China; Luggage Covers
- Mahle Engine Components, Morristown, Tenn.; Pistons
- Minacs Marketing Solutions, Farmington Hills, Mich.; Marketing Programs
- Ogura, Chesterfield Township, Mich.; Differentials
- Summit Plastics, Jiangning, Nanjing, China; IP Finish Panels
- Tenneco Automotive, Gliwice, Poland; Shock Absorbers
- Transportistas Unidos Mexicanos Division Norte, Tlalnepantla, Mexico; Truckload Carriers
- Warn Industries, Milwaukie, Ore.; Axles
- Acumuladores Moura, Belo Jardim, Brazil; Batteries
- Autoneum Poland, Katowice, Poland; NVH Insulation
- Delphi Delco France, Saint Aubain du Cormier, France, Security Systems
- Fanuc Robotics America, Rochester Hills, Mich.; Body Shop and Paint Robots
- Federal-Mogul, South Bend, Ind.; Pistons
- Flextronics – Saturn Electronics and Engineering, Juarez, Mexico; Wiring
- Gil Mar Manufacturing – PGI Far East Precision Products, Shanghai, China; Iron Engine Castings
- Husco Automotive Technologies, Whitewater, Wis.; Variable Valve Timing
- Inalfa SSI Roof Systems, Warren, Mich.; Sliding Roofs
- Inteva Products, Saint Die, France; Door Latches
- Iochpe-Maxion – Hayes Lemmerz, Konigswinter, Germany; Wheels
- Mark IV Industries – Dayco Europe, Chieti Scalo, Italy; Fead Systems
- Morpace, Farmington Hills, Mich.; Market Research
- MRF, Puducherry, India; Tires
- MSX International, Colchester, Essex, U.K.; Agency Labor
- NYK Group, Tokyo, Japan; Transportation
- Pratt Industries, Conyers, Ga.; Corrugated Packaging Material
- Progress-Werk Oberkirch, Oberkirch, Germany; IP Cross Car Beam
- Shanghai GKN Driveshaft, Zhoupu Pudong, Shanghai, China; Driveshafts
- Tower Automotive, Bellevue, Ohio; Frames
- Umicore Brasil, Americana, Sao Paulo, Brazil; Catalytic Converter Internals
Recognition of Achievement
- Dakkota Integrated Systems, Holt, Mich.; Supplier Diversity Development, Diverse Supplier of the Year
- Flex-N-Gate, Urbana, Ill.; ABF Principles
- Flextronics International, San Jose, Calif.; Corporate Responsibility
- Gentex, Zeeland, Mich.; New Consumer-Focused Technology
- GKN Driveline, Newton, N.C.; New Consumer-Focused Technology
- Hewlett-Packard, Palo Alto, Calif.; Corporate Responsibility
- IBM, Armonk, N.Y.; Supplier Diversity Development, Corporation of the Year
- Muhr und Bender, Attendorn, Germany; ABF Principles
- TDK Yurihonjo, Yurihonjo, Akita, Japan; Durability and Reliability
- Tenneco – Walker Manufacturing, Ligonier, Ind.; Warranty Improvement
- The Diez Group – Delaco Steel, Detroit; Community Service
- Tomkins – Gates, Windsor, Ontario, Canada; Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma
- Betz Industries
- Cooper Standard
- Dytech Automotive
- Easton Fluid Power
- Evonik Industries
- FTE Automotive
- Inergy Automotive Systems
- Ji Chyuan Enterprise
- Lesco Design and Manufacturing
- Mahle Metal Leve
- Martinrea International
- MGI Coutier-Avon Automotive
- Nemak Dillingen
- Norma Group Mexico
- Orda Otomotiv-Nobel Plastiques and Nobel Rocket
- Robert Bosch
- Spectra Premium Industries
- Taiwan Sanoh Electric
- TI Automotive
- Troy Design and Manufacturing
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Valeo Lighting
- Voss Automotive
- Yapp Automotive Parts
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 4, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 291
As enterprises capture more and more data of all types – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured – data discovery requirements for business intelligence (BI), Big Data, and predictive analytics initiatives grow more complex. A company’s ability to become data-driven and compete on analytics depends on the speed with which it can provision their analytics applications with all relevant information. The task of finding data has traditionally resided with IT, but now organizations increasingly turn towards data source discovery tools to find the right data, in context, for business users, d...
Oct. 4, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 308
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 150 developers, designers, quality assurance engineers, project manage...
Oct. 4, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 637
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 4, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 367
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 3, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 348
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 3, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 316
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Raxak has been named “Media & Session Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Raxak Protect automates security compliance across private and public clouds. Using the SaaS tool or managed service, developers can deploy cloud apps quickly, cost-effectively, and without error.
Oct. 3, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 560
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 3, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 642
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 410
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 137
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless Thingies, will discuss and demonstrate how devices and humans can be integrated from a simple clust...
Oct. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 580
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, will discuss the impact of technology on identity. Should we federate, or not? How should identity be secured? Who owns the identity? How is identity ...
Oct. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 389
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 309
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Oct. 3, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 488
“The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it,” noted Splunk’s CTO Snehal Antani, as Splunk announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and the IoT. The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect and correlate data from control systems, sensors, mobile devices and IT systems for a variety of Ind...
Oct. 3, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 532
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgeniakhela will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgeniakhela is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between Personal and Professional Social, Mobile and Cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve productivity, reduce collaboration costs, and increase the overall enterprise value by bringing ...
Oct. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 529
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, will show how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He will use a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors to web services, and cloud integration to connect accounting and data, providing a Bluetooth...
Oct. 2, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 304
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Oct. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 550
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 1, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 392
SYS-CON Media announced that Splunk, a provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, has launched an ad campaign on Big Data Journal. Splunk software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. The ads focus on delivering ROI - how improved uptime delivered $6M in annual ROI, improving customer operations by mining large volumes of unstructured data, and how data tracking delivers uptime when it matters most.
Oct. 1, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,342