|By PR Newswire||
|May 24, 2013 02:34 PM EDT||
DEARBORN, Mich., May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Forty-seven of Ford's top-performing suppliers received World Excellence Awards for 2012
- A special honor was given to 35 suppliers who demonstrated the Go Further mindset and continuous pursuit of excellence in the face of unforeseen business challenges
- Ford's supplier partners are recognized for achieving the highest level of excellence in key areas including quality, cost performance and delivery
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) hosted its 15th annual World Excellence Awards (WEA) ceremony Thursday evening to celebrate 47 of its top-performing global suppliers in 2012.
Tony Brown, group vice president, global purchasing, thanked the suppliers for their contribution to delivering high-quality products to Ford customers.
"Our partnership with our suppliers played a pivotal role in the progress we made on the One Ford plan in 2012," said Brown. "Our WEA winners have shown a dedication to excellence. Thank you for helping Ford serve customers with the best vehicles in the world."
The WEA honors production and nonproduction suppliers. The award-winning suppliers represent thousands of employees across the globe who bring diverse cultures, values and ideas to Ford Motor Company.
There are three types of awards to recognize these top suppliers:
- Gold is awarded to the top 5 percent of qualifying suppliers who demonstrated superior quality, delivery and cost performance
- Silver recognizes the top 10 percent of qualifying suppliers who excelled in quality, cost and delivery
- Recognition of Achievement is given to suppliers who improve customer satisfaction by providing significant contributions in key areas – New Consumer-Focused Technology, Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma, Durability and Reliability Performance, Corporate Responsibility, Supplier Diversity Development and Community Service
This year Ford recognized 35 additional suppliers with a special Go Further award for their contributions to the Evonik fire recovery, emergency resourcing actions, and extraordinary plant and equipment launch support. The tireless work and assistance of these suppliers helped to minimize production disruptions, and even more importantly, they exhibited courage, strength and leadership during a time of hardship.
Mark Fields, Ford chief operating officer, thanked the supplier partners for continuing to embrace the Go Further mindset in the face of adversity.
"We want to recognize those suppliers who have demonstrated excellence despite the unforeseen challenges that have happened over the past year," said Fields. "Thanks to your unwavering commitment, we are closer than ever to reaching our goal of delivering profitable growth for all."
This year, 14 Gold, 21 Silver and 12 Recognition of Achievement honors were awarded along with the 35 Go Further honors.
The 2012 winners are:
- Acciona Facility Services, Barcelona, Spain; Facility Management
- BASF, Capital Federal, Argentina; Paint
- Devon Industrial Group, Detroit; Demolition and Decommissioning Management
- F. Segura, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain; Stampings
- Flex-N-Gate – Ventra, Grand Rapids, Mich.; Metal Bumpers
- Hulsbeck & Furst – Huf Espana, El Burgo De Osma, Soria, Spain; Door Handles
- Kunshan Macauto Automotive Parts Industry, Kunshan, Jiangsu, China; Luggage Covers
- Mahle Engine Components, Morristown, Tenn.; Pistons
- Minacs Marketing Solutions, Farmington Hills, Mich.; Marketing Programs
- Ogura, Chesterfield Township, Mich.; Differentials
- Summit Plastics, Jiangning, Nanjing, China; IP Finish Panels
- Tenneco Automotive, Gliwice, Poland; Shock Absorbers
- Transportistas Unidos Mexicanos Division Norte, Tlalnepantla, Mexico; Truckload Carriers
- Warn Industries, Milwaukie, Ore.; Axles
- Acumuladores Moura, Belo Jardim, Brazil; Batteries
- Autoneum Poland, Katowice, Poland; NVH Insulation
- Delphi Delco France, Saint Aubain du Cormier, France, Security Systems
- Fanuc Robotics America, Rochester Hills, Mich.; Body Shop and Paint Robots
- Federal-Mogul, South Bend, Ind.; Pistons
- Flextronics – Saturn Electronics and Engineering, Juarez, Mexico; Wiring
- Gil Mar Manufacturing – PGI Far East Precision Products, Shanghai, China; Iron Engine Castings
- Husco Automotive Technologies, Whitewater, Wis.; Variable Valve Timing
- Inalfa SSI Roof Systems, Warren, Mich.; Sliding Roofs
- Inteva Products, Saint Die, France; Door Latches
- Iochpe-Maxion – Hayes Lemmerz, Konigswinter, Germany; Wheels
- Mark IV Industries – Dayco Europe, Chieti Scalo, Italy; Fead Systems
- Morpace, Farmington Hills, Mich.; Market Research
- MRF, Puducherry, India; Tires
- MSX International, Colchester, Essex, U.K.; Agency Labor
- NYK Group, Tokyo, Japan; Transportation
- Pratt Industries, Conyers, Ga.; Corrugated Packaging Material
- Progress-Werk Oberkirch, Oberkirch, Germany; IP Cross Car Beam
- Shanghai GKN Driveshaft, Zhoupu Pudong, Shanghai, China; Driveshafts
- Tower Automotive, Bellevue, Ohio; Frames
- Umicore Brasil, Americana, Sao Paulo, Brazil; Catalytic Converter Internals
Recognition of Achievement
- Dakkota Integrated Systems, Holt, Mich.; Supplier Diversity Development, Diverse Supplier of the Year
- Flex-N-Gate, Urbana, Ill.; ABF Principles
- Flextronics International, San Jose, Calif.; Corporate Responsibility
- Gentex, Zeeland, Mich.; New Consumer-Focused Technology
- GKN Driveline, Newton, N.C.; New Consumer-Focused Technology
- Hewlett-Packard, Palo Alto, Calif.; Corporate Responsibility
- IBM, Armonk, N.Y.; Supplier Diversity Development, Corporation of the Year
- Muhr und Bender, Attendorn, Germany; ABF Principles
- TDK Yurihonjo, Yurihonjo, Akita, Japan; Durability and Reliability
- Tenneco – Walker Manufacturing, Ligonier, Ind.; Warranty Improvement
- The Diez Group – Delaco Steel, Detroit; Community Service
- Tomkins – Gates, Windsor, Ontario, Canada; Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma
- Betz Industries
- Cooper Standard
- Dytech Automotive
- Easton Fluid Power
- Evonik Industries
- FTE Automotive
- Inergy Automotive Systems
- Ji Chyuan Enterprise
- Lesco Design and Manufacturing
- Mahle Metal Leve
- Martinrea International
- MGI Coutier-Avon Automotive
- Nemak Dillingen
- Norma Group Mexico
- Orda Otomotiv-Nobel Plastiques and Nobel Rocket
- Robert Bosch
- Spectra Premium Industries
- Taiwan Sanoh Electric
- TI Automotive
- Troy Design and Manufacturing
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Valeo Lighting
- Voss Automotive
- Yapp Automotive Parts
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for ...
Dec. 9, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 678
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 5,133
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,760
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,363
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 462
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,460
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,883
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,293
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,862
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,234
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 869
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 982
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 639
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,043
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:42 PM EST Reads: 255
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 822
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,785
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 7,384
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,381
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,026