|By PR Newswire||
|May 24, 2013 02:34 PM EDT||
DEARBORN, Mich., May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Forty-seven of Ford's top-performing suppliers received World Excellence Awards for 2012
- A special honor was given to 35 suppliers who demonstrated the Go Further mindset and continuous pursuit of excellence in the face of unforeseen business challenges
- Ford's supplier partners are recognized for achieving the highest level of excellence in key areas including quality, cost performance and delivery
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) hosted its 15th annual World Excellence Awards (WEA) ceremony Thursday evening to celebrate 47 of its top-performing global suppliers in 2012.
Tony Brown, group vice president, global purchasing, thanked the suppliers for their contribution to delivering high-quality products to Ford customers.
"Our partnership with our suppliers played a pivotal role in the progress we made on the One Ford plan in 2012," said Brown. "Our WEA winners have shown a dedication to excellence. Thank you for helping Ford serve customers with the best vehicles in the world."
The WEA honors production and nonproduction suppliers. The award-winning suppliers represent thousands of employees across the globe who bring diverse cultures, values and ideas to Ford Motor Company.
There are three types of awards to recognize these top suppliers:
- Gold is awarded to the top 5 percent of qualifying suppliers who demonstrated superior quality, delivery and cost performance
- Silver recognizes the top 10 percent of qualifying suppliers who excelled in quality, cost and delivery
- Recognition of Achievement is given to suppliers who improve customer satisfaction by providing significant contributions in key areas – New Consumer-Focused Technology, Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma, Durability and Reliability Performance, Corporate Responsibility, Supplier Diversity Development and Community Service
This year Ford recognized 35 additional suppliers with a special Go Further award for their contributions to the Evonik fire recovery, emergency resourcing actions, and extraordinary plant and equipment launch support. The tireless work and assistance of these suppliers helped to minimize production disruptions, and even more importantly, they exhibited courage, strength and leadership during a time of hardship.
Mark Fields, Ford chief operating officer, thanked the supplier partners for continuing to embrace the Go Further mindset in the face of adversity.
"We want to recognize those suppliers who have demonstrated excellence despite the unforeseen challenges that have happened over the past year," said Fields. "Thanks to your unwavering commitment, we are closer than ever to reaching our goal of delivering profitable growth for all."
This year, 14 Gold, 21 Silver and 12 Recognition of Achievement honors were awarded along with the 35 Go Further honors.
The 2012 winners are:
- Acciona Facility Services, Barcelona, Spain; Facility Management
- BASF, Capital Federal, Argentina; Paint
- Devon Industrial Group, Detroit; Demolition and Decommissioning Management
- F. Segura, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain; Stampings
- Flex-N-Gate – Ventra, Grand Rapids, Mich.; Metal Bumpers
- Hulsbeck & Furst – Huf Espana, El Burgo De Osma, Soria, Spain; Door Handles
- Kunshan Macauto Automotive Parts Industry, Kunshan, Jiangsu, China; Luggage Covers
- Mahle Engine Components, Morristown, Tenn.; Pistons
- Minacs Marketing Solutions, Farmington Hills, Mich.; Marketing Programs
- Ogura, Chesterfield Township, Mich.; Differentials
- Summit Plastics, Jiangning, Nanjing, China; IP Finish Panels
- Tenneco Automotive, Gliwice, Poland; Shock Absorbers
- Transportistas Unidos Mexicanos Division Norte, Tlalnepantla, Mexico; Truckload Carriers
- Warn Industries, Milwaukie, Ore.; Axles
- Acumuladores Moura, Belo Jardim, Brazil; Batteries
- Autoneum Poland, Katowice, Poland; NVH Insulation
- Delphi Delco France, Saint Aubain du Cormier, France, Security Systems
- Fanuc Robotics America, Rochester Hills, Mich.; Body Shop and Paint Robots
- Federal-Mogul, South Bend, Ind.; Pistons
- Flextronics – Saturn Electronics and Engineering, Juarez, Mexico; Wiring
- Gil Mar Manufacturing – PGI Far East Precision Products, Shanghai, China; Iron Engine Castings
- Husco Automotive Technologies, Whitewater, Wis.; Variable Valve Timing
- Inalfa SSI Roof Systems, Warren, Mich.; Sliding Roofs
- Inteva Products, Saint Die, France; Door Latches
- Iochpe-Maxion – Hayes Lemmerz, Konigswinter, Germany; Wheels
- Mark IV Industries – Dayco Europe, Chieti Scalo, Italy; Fead Systems
- Morpace, Farmington Hills, Mich.; Market Research
- MRF, Puducherry, India; Tires
- MSX International, Colchester, Essex, U.K.; Agency Labor
- NYK Group, Tokyo, Japan; Transportation
- Pratt Industries, Conyers, Ga.; Corrugated Packaging Material
- Progress-Werk Oberkirch, Oberkirch, Germany; IP Cross Car Beam
- Shanghai GKN Driveshaft, Zhoupu Pudong, Shanghai, China; Driveshafts
- Tower Automotive, Bellevue, Ohio; Frames
- Umicore Brasil, Americana, Sao Paulo, Brazil; Catalytic Converter Internals
Recognition of Achievement
- Dakkota Integrated Systems, Holt, Mich.; Supplier Diversity Development, Diverse Supplier of the Year
- Flex-N-Gate, Urbana, Ill.; ABF Principles
- Flextronics International, San Jose, Calif.; Corporate Responsibility
- Gentex, Zeeland, Mich.; New Consumer-Focused Technology
- GKN Driveline, Newton, N.C.; New Consumer-Focused Technology
- Hewlett-Packard, Palo Alto, Calif.; Corporate Responsibility
- IBM, Armonk, N.Y.; Supplier Diversity Development, Corporation of the Year
- Muhr und Bender, Attendorn, Germany; ABF Principles
- TDK Yurihonjo, Yurihonjo, Akita, Japan; Durability and Reliability
- Tenneco – Walker Manufacturing, Ligonier, Ind.; Warranty Improvement
- The Diez Group – Delaco Steel, Detroit; Community Service
- Tomkins – Gates, Windsor, Ontario, Canada; Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma
- Betz Industries
- Cooper Standard
- Dytech Automotive
- Easton Fluid Power
- Evonik Industries
- FTE Automotive
- Inergy Automotive Systems
- Ji Chyuan Enterprise
- Lesco Design and Manufacturing
- Mahle Metal Leve
- Martinrea International
- MGI Coutier-Avon Automotive
- Nemak Dillingen
- Norma Group Mexico
- Orda Otomotiv-Nobel Plastiques and Nobel Rocket
- Robert Bosch
- Spectra Premium Industries
- Taiwan Sanoh Electric
- TI Automotive
- Troy Design and Manufacturing
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Valeo Lighting
- Voss Automotive
- Yapp Automotive Parts
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 21, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 3,070
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 21, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,608
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,141
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,721
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 21, 2014 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,941
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 21, 2014 06:15 AM EST Reads: 3,270
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 2,090
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 2,242
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 2,031
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,353
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,392
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 2,310
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 2,299
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 2,295
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,270
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,388
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,279
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,651
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 8,231
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,355