|By PR Newswire||
|October 21, 2013 02:07 PM EDT||
MIAMI, Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Miami's St. Thomas University (www.stu.edu) is making a bold move in computer program development for the next five years. The University's technology programs are housed in the School of Science, Technology and Engineering Management's 25,000 square foot Carnival Cruise Lines Science and Technology building. The state-of-the-art building envisions today's technological and scientific world, as the School expands its research platform with emerging technology of mobile programming, cloud computing and big data, supported by an academic CS-Finance joint degree academic program.
According to a study by Microsoft and research firm IDC, cloud-based services will create 1.2 million jobs in the U.S. and Canada and 14 million jobs worldwide in all different fields by 2015, especially in telecommunications, media, banking, and healthcare. St. Thomas' School of Science is collaborating with technology leaders to build a cloud and cluster based research platform for big-data application development for the medical and finance fields. Plans include the development of a Computer Science/Finance joint degree program to train students with interdisciplinary capability on applying finance theories and information technology computing skills.
October 24, 2013 will gather sports and technology executives when St. Thomas and the South Florida Technology Alliance (SFTA) monthly meeting is held on campus at the Evelyn and George Goldbloom Convocation Hall from 5:00 to 8:00 pm. A unique panel of experts will explore how technology tools are transforming the sports fan experience, fundamentally altering how sports games are played. Dr. Wim Steelant, the University's Dean of Science, and Dr. Lu Wang, Assistant Professor in Computer Science, will highlight how the school focuses on student learning with advanced technology, modern academic programs, and and individualized hands-on scientific training in a close student to mentor relationship. At St. Thomas, all undergraduate students with an interest for research are given the opportunity to work with distinguished faculty members who have extensively published peer-reviewed research articles and reviews as well as books and book chapters. The close experience with faculty members and cutting-edge research, combined with the newest technologies, inspire the students to perform better in the classroom, while realizing their capabilities to succeed in the technology-driven marketplace.
St. Thomas University also boasts one of the top three rated sports administration programs in the country. School of Business alumni from undergraduate and graduate programs hold executive positions in the MLB, NFL, NASCAR, NBA, and other organizations. The October 24th event will include approximately 150 SFTA members coming from organizations ranging from large tech firms such as IBM and Citrix to boutique software providers. Confirmed panelists include Sportsmanias Co-Founder Vicente Fernandez; Teri Howard, VP of Technology for the Miami Dolphins; Alex Buznego, Manager of Digital and Social Media for the Miami Marlins; and Andy Elisburg, VP of Operations for the Miami Heat.
For additional information on St. Thomas University schools and programs kindly contact Chief Marketing Officer Marivi Prado at 305.474.6880; email@example.com
SOURCE St. Thomas University
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1