|By PR Newswire||
|December 9, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
LONDON, December 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
On Friday, December 06, 2013, the U.S. equity market edged higher. The S&P 500 ended the day at 1,805.09, up 1.12%; the Dow Jones Industrial Average closing at 16,020.20, up 1.26%; and the NASDAQ Composite finishing at 4,062.52, up 0.73%. The S&P 500 Information Technology Sector Index closed the session at 566.47, up 0.76% and the same has gained 3.27% in the last one month and 9.10% in the previous three months, outperforming the S&P 500, which has gained 1.95% and 7.98% during the respective periods. The major movers in the sector included Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE: HPQ), International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE: IBM), Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC), and Infinera Corporation (NASDAQ: INFN). All these companies are tracked by AAAResearchReports.com. Download free technical analysis and charting reports on HPQ, IBM, TDC, and INFN now at:
On Friday, Hewlett-Packard Co.'s stock ended the day 1.65% higher at $27.70, after vacillating between $27.59 and $28.11 during the trading session. A total of 17.18 million shares were traded, which above the daily average volume of 16.40 million. The company's shares have surged 7.82% in the last one month and 23.55% in the previous three months, outperforming the S&P 500, which has gained 1.95% and 7.98% during the respective periods. Additionally, Hewlett-Packard Co.'s stock is trading above its 50-day and 200-day moving averages of $24.40 and $23.45, respectively. Download free research on HPQ today by registering at:
Shares in International Business Machines Corp. edged higher on Friday, to end the day at $177.67, up 0.90% from the previous day's closing price of $176.08. The company's shares oscillated between $176.01 and $178.00 during the trading session. A total of 4.74 million shares were traded, which is below the daily average volume of 4.91 million. The company's shares have gained 0.90% in the previous three trading sessions, outperforming the S&P 500, which has gained 0.55% during the same period. However, International Business Machines Corp.'s stock is trading below its 50-day and 200-day moving averages of $180.76 and $194.45, respectively.
Sign up and have access to our free report on IBM at:
On Friday, Teradata Corp.'s stock posted gains to finish the day at $41.88, which is 0.67% higher than the previous day's closing price of $41.60. The company's shares vacillated between $41.83 and $42.34 during the trading session. A total of 3.25 million shares were traded, which is above the daily average volume of 2.75 million. Despite Friday's gains, the company's shares have fallen by 3.52% in the last one month, underperforming the S&P 500, which has gained 1.95% during the same period. Moreover, Teradata Corp.'s stock is trading near its 52-week low of $41.11 and also below its 50-day and 200-day moving averages of $46.58 and $54.11, respectively. Sign up and read the complimentary report on TDC at:
Infinera Corp.'s stock advanced on Friday, tracking gains in the broader market. The company's shares closed the day 1.07% higher at $9.43, after vacillating between $9.35 and $9.58. A total of 1.02 million shares were traded, which is below the daily average volume of 1.43 million. The company's shares have gained 3.63% in the previous three trading sessions and 0.43% in the last one month, compared to a gain of 0.55% and 1.95% during the respective periods. However, Infinera Corp.'s stock is trading below its 50-day and 200-day moving averages of $10.18 and $9.62, respectively. The free report on INFN can be downloaded by signing up now at:
- This is not company news. We are an independent source and our views do not reflect the companies mentioned.
- Information in this release is fact checked and produced on a best efforts basis and reviewed by Ananya Ghosh, a CFA charterholder. However, we are only human and are prone to make mistakes. If you notice any errors or omissions, please notify us below.
- This information is submitted as a net-positive to companies mentioned, to increase awareness for mentioned companies to our subscriber base and the investing public.
- If you wish to have your company covered in more detail by our team, or wish to learn more about our services, please contact us at pubco@EquityNewsNetwork.com.
- For any urgent concerns or inquiries, please contact us at compliance@EquityNewsNetwork.com.
- Are you a public company? Would you like to see similar coverage on your company? Send us a full investors' package to research@EquityNewsNetwork.com for consideration.
Content is researched, written and reviewed on a best-effort basis. This document, article or report is prepared and authored by Equity News Network. An outsourced research services provider represented by Ananya Ghosh, CFA, has only reviewed the information provided by Equity News Network in this article or report according to the Procedures outlined by Equity News Network. Equity News Network is not entitled to veto or interfere in the application of such procedures by the outsourced provider to the articles, documents or reports, as the case may be.
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE
Equity News Network makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness or fitness for a purpose (investment or otherwise), of the information provided in this document. This information is not to be construed as personal financial advice. Readers are encouraged to consult their personal financial advisor before making any decisions to buy, sell or hold any securities mentioned herein.
NO WARRANTY OR LIABILITY ASSUMED
Equity News Network is not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by Equity News Network whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. Equity News Network expressly disclaims any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Equity News Network does not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.www.AAAresearchreports.com
SOURCE AAA Research Reports
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1