|By Marketwired .||
|December 19, 2013 06:30 AM EST||
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 12/19/13 -- iSIGN Media Solutions Inc. ("iSIGN" or "Company") (TSX VENTURE: ISD) (OTCQX: ISDSF), a leading provider of interactive mobile advertising solutions that serves advertisers, manufacturers, retailers and advertising agencies throughout North America, is pleased to announce the appointment of a new Board of Directors at the Company's Annual & Special Meeting of Shareholders on December 16, 2013.
iSIGN's shareholders voted into office the directors whose names were put forward in the Company's Information Circular.
iSIGN's Board now consist of the following individuals:
Mr. Romanov is an accomplished business executive with a history of identifying opportunities and turning them into high growth and profitable enterprises. Alex has diverse experience in a variety of industries such as consumer electronics, communication, digital imaging, video gaming, and e-commerce. Alex was the CEO and President of Alpine Electronics in Canada for 17 years, building the company to over $50 million in revenue with over 50% of the Canadian market share by 1995. After Alpine, Alex became founder and CEO and major shareholder of Royal Oak Marketing and was responsible for over 100 employees and $120 million in revenue. Royal Oak Marketing was sold for $29 million to an American concern. Alex then co-founded Spherex Inc., which developed and marketed an Xbox gaming audio system. Spherex was then sold to another US concern in 2005. Alex has been iSIGN's Chief Executive Officer since November 2007 and has successfully restructured the company, positioning it for rapid growth worldwide.
Mr. Shukla has over 25 years of experience in general management and has a strong background in building and managing multi-faceted businesses. Prakash was a Senior VP and Chief Information Officer for the Taj Group of Hotels (TATA Enterprise) for 13 years, where he served as part of the senior management team and was strongly involved with business strategy. In 2013 Prakash became a partner in Hand on Ventures LLC. Prakash has served as a Board Member on several companies, including Mango Tree, Travelguru, Transerv and AUM Systems. Prakash has a BS in Electrical Engineering from Rutgers University School of Engineering in 1985; an MS in Computer Science from NYU Polytechnic in 1989 and is a graduate of Harvard Business School's Advanced Management Program in 2004 and is a 2013 Advanced Leadership Fellow of Harvard University.
Mr. Rodgerson is a retail industry expert with more than 25 years experience working with leading Canadian Retailers in sales, marketing, operations and strategic planning roles. Dave has been a senior executive at IBM, focused on the retail industry, where he has been actively involved with the National Retail Federation, the Retail Council of Canada and the Conseil Quebecois du Commerce de Detail. Dave has been a member of the faculty of Meritus University, where he taught Marketing in their School of Business. Dave is also on the board of the University of Alberta School of Retail and works closely with the Ryerson School of Retail Business. Dave holds an MBA from Queen's University.
Mr. Sultan is a veteran investment banker who started his career with Citibank in New York, Tokyo and London and Daiwa Bank and ITG Securities in Hong Kong, where he served as Chief Executive Officer. Asad played a pivotal role in establishing Macquarie Bank's successful Asian investment banking franchise as Head of Regional Equities. Until 2008, Asad was Country Head and Managing Director of Cantor Fitzgerald in India. In 2009, Asad co-founded Red Solar, a Malaysian government linked solar PV cell and panel manufacturing company. Currently, Asad is a Managing Partner of Tantrik Group, a media and entertainment firm based in Los Angeles. Asad holds an MBA from Fordham University in New York City and earned his undergraduate in finance from John Carroll University in Cleveland, Ohio.
Mr. Reilly is a graduate of the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Commerce degree, is a Chartered Accountant (1985), and an Arthur Anderson & Co. ("AA & Co") alumnus (1986). For over the past twenty years, Bruce has successfully developed and managed a chartered accounting firm operating in the Greater Toronto Area. During that time, he has acquired a broad range of experience with a primary focus on public companies. In addition, Bruce is the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Platinex Inc. and is the past Chief Financial Officer and past Board Chair of Partner Jet Corp.; these two companies are listed on the TSX-V.
"I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank the old board for its services over the past years," said Mr. Alex Romanov, iSIGN's Chief Executive Officer. "I would also like to welcome the new board to iSIGN. I look forward to working closely with them as we drive the Company forward."
In addition, at a Board of Directors meeting that was held immediately after the Annual Meeting, the Board elected to replace Simon Meredith as Chief Financial Officer. Bruce Reilly will take over that position effective immediately.
iSIGN also announces that on December 16, 2013, it granted an aggregate of 2.5 million stock options to the new board, at an exercise price of $0.20 per share. These options have a term of five years and have vesting restrictions. This grant is subject to regulatory approval.
About iSIGN Media
Since 2007, iSIGN has been developing multiplatform advertising and marketing solutions for brands to better attract, engage and retain customers through their mobile devices. The data and SaaS (software as a service) company collects and analyzes shopper preferences so that brands can deliver targeted messaging and personalized offers to consumers' mobile devices, in-location and in real-time. The company's interactive proximity-marketing technology is capable of gathering average price points, typical purchases, in-store dwell times and other shopper metrics to deliver business intelligence and insights into emerging consumer behaviors that can help brands make better business decisions and measure their marketing efforts. Utilizing Bluetooth, mobile, Wi-Fi, and location-aware technologies to deliver relevant and timely messaging to any screen or mobile device, iSIGN delivers rich media, permission-based messages free to consumers that can drive immediate brand engagement, increased customer loyalty and deliver higher ROI on marketing dollars spent. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, with R&D and customer support operations in Vancouver, BC and Tampa, FL, the Company has also grown to become the largest owner/operator of in-store digital media in Canada with 5,600 digital signs in about 1,400 locations. Partners include: IBM, Keyser Retail Solutions, Baylor University, Verizon Wireless, TELUS and AOpen America Inc., with solution distribution by GraphicMedia, Inc. and BlueStar Inc. www.isignmedia.com
© 2013 iSIGN Media Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor Its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility or accuracy of this release.
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1