|By Marketwired .||
|January 9, 2014 07:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/09/14 -- The OpenDaylight Project, a community-led and industry-supported open source platform to advance Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), today announced the keynotes and full program for the OpenDaylight Summit, a new conference to unite enterprises, carriers, equipment providers and academia for a collaborative and educational SDN and NFV experience. The event will take place in Santa Clara, Calif., February 4-5, 2014.
The OpenDaylight Summit is the first conference to provide a neutral and educational space for networking professionals to collaborate on the advancement of SDN and NFV. Along with the OpenDaylight Design Summit co-located event, attendees can explore a range of hot topics in networking and help set the stage for future OpenDaylight releases.
Keynote speakers include:
- Neela Jacques, executive director for OpenDaylight, Commencement.
- Christos Kolias, senior research scientist, OpenFlow/SDN technical lead, network architecture at Orange.
- Jun Park (Ph.D), senior systems architect at Bluehost.
- Erik Ekudden, vice president and head of technology strategies, Ericsson, "Accelerating the Network with Open Source Software."
- Vijoy Pandey, chief technology officer of Network OS and a distinguished engineer at IBM, "Building an Open, Adaptive and Responsive Data Center using OpenDaylight."
- A user panel "Forming and Norming for SDN/NFV: Where to Support Innovation and Where to Simplify Life with Standards" featuring Open Networking User Group co-founder Nick Lippis, Open Networking Foundation MEC chair Marc Cohn, Open Networking Research Center's executive director Dr. Guru Parulkar and ETSI's NFV group leader Christos Kolias, moderated by Neela Jacques.
- Inder Gopal, chairman, OpenDaylight board of directors, "OpenDaylight: What's Next?"
- A panel with OpenDaylight developers to discuss what's on the road map for 2014, moderated by David M. Meyer, chair of the OpenDaylight Technical Steering Committee.
OpenDaylight Design Summit
This co-located event will feature hands-on design workshops where developers will hold a post-mortem review of Hydrogen, discuss priorities for upcoming OpenDaylight releases and explore networking hot topics such as clustering.
OpenDaylight Summit has been made possible with the generous support of Platinum sponsors Ericsson and IBM.
"Collaboration is critical to advancing SDN and NFV in networking. This conference is an unprecedented opportunity for developers and leaders within the SDN ecosystem to come together for a common purpose -- the advancement of SDN and NFV," said Erik Ekudden, vice president and head of technology strategies for Ericsson.
"Getting together to learn from each other and meet face-to-face is an important component of accelerating adoption of SDN and NFV. The OpenDaylight Summit gives the industry a neutral place to collaborate on the networking challenges we all face," said Inder Gopal, chairman, OpenDaylight board of directors.
Early registration closes January 13, 2014 after which the conference price will increase from $95 to $125. Discounted hotel rates are also available until January 13, 2014. To register for the OpenDaylight Summit, please visit: https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1300488.
For the full list of event sponsors, visit: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/opendaylight-summit/sponsor/our-sponsors.
For the complete program, visit: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/opendaylight-summit/program/schedule.
About the OpenDaylight Project
The OpenDaylight Project is a collaborative open source project that aims to accelerate adoption of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and create a solid foundation for Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) for a more transparent approach that fosters new innovation and reduces risk. Founded by industry leaders and open to all, the OpenDaylight community is developing a common, open SDN and NFV platform consisting of code and blueprints. Get involved: www.opendaylight.org.
OpenDaylight is a Collaborative Project at The Linux Foundation. Linux Foundation Collaborative Projects are independently funded software projects that harness the power of collaborative development to fuel innovation across industries and ecosystems. www.linuxfoundation.org
- Video: Introducing The OpenDaylight Project
- Developers: How to Participate
- OpenDaylight Blog
- OpenDaylight Events
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 134
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 431
Feb. 12, 2016 03:00 PM EST
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 455
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST
Feb. 12, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 236
Feb. 12, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 269
Feb. 12, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 120
Feb. 12, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 458
Feb. 12, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 145
Feb. 12, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 136
Feb. 12, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 220
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 AM EST
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 AM EST
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 260
Feb. 12, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 464
Feb. 12, 2016 05:00 AM EST
Feb. 12, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 240
Feb. 12, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 416