|By Marketwired .||
|February 13, 2014 07:00 AM EST||
LOS GATOS, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/13/14 -- Pertino, a company reinventing networking for the cloud era, today announced the appointment of the heads of inside sales and product as its cloud networking service enters general availability worldwide. Pertino's Cloud Network Engine helps SMBs "unbox" their networks by replacing traditional VPN and network appliances with cloud-based services that can be deployed in a few clicks. Since launching public beta early last year, more than 5,000 customers have created free or paid Pertino cloud networks. To build on this momentum and early market leadership, Pertino hired two proven executives -- Bharath Rangarajan as vice president of product and Ritch Haselden as vice president of inside sales.
"Our Cloud Network Engine has evolved significantly during public beta. Today we have a business-ready cloud networking service that reaches across four continents, supports all modern computing platforms with Android in beta and iOS on the way, and we've introduced the first set of apps for our AppScape network services app store," said Craig Elliott, CEO and co-founder of Pertino. "Bharath and Ritch bring proven talents that will be instrumental to building on our early product leadership in SDN-powered cloud networking and revving-up sales."
Bharath Rangarajan comes to Pertino with more than 10 years of product leadership experience spanning SaaS, cloud, mobile, and data management technologies. Prior to joining Pertino, Rangarajan served as senior director of product management at Citrix Systems, where he was responsible for the product strategy, roadmap, and adoption of Citrix's enterprise mobility and end-user computing solution. He also held senior positions with WebEx (Cisco Systems), GemStone Systems (acquired by VMware in 2010), and Candle Corporation (acquired by IBM Corp in 2004).
Ritch Haselden brings more than 15 years of experience in building high-performance, transactional sales organizations for both B2C and B2B companies. Most recently, Haselden served as vice president of sales at ResponseLINK, a leader in consumer healthcare-related services. Previously, he was vice president of sales and general manager at Rainmaker Systems, a leader in IT contract management, and the co-founder and president of GolfNow, a provider of golf course marketing services that was acquired by NBC Sports.
Time for a New Way to Network
Today's SMBs are leading the way when it comes to workforce mobility, allowing personal devices at work, and shifting IT infrastructure to the cloud. Consequently, these trends are making the public Internet critical to their business productivity. Pertino makes it possible for SMBs to create a simple and secure cloud network over the Internet that delivers the enterprise-class capabilities needed to meet this challenge without the cost, complexity, and reliability issues of legacy hardware-based VPNs.
Pertino Cloud Network Engine
By combining the power and pervasiveness of the cloud with next generation network virtualization and software-defined networking technologies, Pertino's Cloud Network Engine provides an entirely new way to build and manage networks in the cloud. Pertino users enjoy full access to behind-the-firewall and cloud hosted files and applications from anywhere and any device, and everything works just like in the office. The recently announced AppScape app store for cloud network services allows customer to purchase and deploy security, visibility, and control services on their cloud network in just a few clicks and starting at just a few dollars per month.
"As a provider of specialized Geographic Information Systems (GIS) solutions and consulting, our cloud-hosted GIS licensing server is the life-blood of our company," said Micah Williamson, a certified GIS professional at Cloudpoint Geographics. "Since our server is in the cloud, it only made sense to have our network in the cloud too. While technical, I'm not an IT pro. But Pertino made it easy for me to build a reliable, always-on cloud network in minutes that supports our customer engagements and our company's mobile work-style."
Pricing and Availability
Pertino's Cloud Network Engine is generally available and its presence continues to expand across top-tier cloud datacenters around the world. Customers can get started building their cloud network for free with the three device Personal plan, and upgrade at any time to a paid plan starting at $29/month.
Founded in 2011, Pertino has an inspired vision for reinventing networking for the cloud era, and in the process, being a catalyst for democratizing IT for small-to-medium businesses. Globalization, cloud-enabled IT, and growing demand for always-connected people, devices, and things is affecting businesses of all sizes -- making the "outside network" as critical as the inside one. However, traditional wide-area networks have not kept pace. Pertino's revolutionary Cloud Network Engine enables an IT person, regardless of skill level, to build a secure and reliable cloud network in minutes that connects people everywhere to IT resources anywhere. To achieve this breakthrough, Pertino has developed a software-driven cloud platform that combines the power and pervasiveness of the cloud with network virtualization and Software-defined Network (SDN) technology. The company is venture funded and headquartered in Los Gatos, Calif. For more information or to try Pertino free for yourself, please visit pertino.com.
(415) 963-4174 x26
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1