|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 06:15 AM EDT||
DUBLIN, Apr. 01, 2014
Research and Markets
) has announced the addition of the
report to their offering.
The report expounds that the Web-based collaboration solutions market has come a long way since the beginning of 1990. Though document management remained the most dominant application for collaboration, emergence of numerous innovative solutions and technologies is enhancing the efficacy of the technology.
"Emerging collaboration solutions are impacting the way individuals interact with their organization's partners, customers, and each other. Technologies such as videoconferencing, voice mail, IM, wikis, chat forums, social networking, blogs, microblogging, telepresence, voice-over-IP, and mobile computing and communications, are adding an ever evolving dimension to online collaboration."
Presently, most collaboration portfolios offer Application Programming Interface (APIs) and custom developed Software Development Kit (SDKs), which are providing enhanced opportunities to the software developers for building custom solutions.
Key Topics Covered:
1. COLLABORATION TOOLS - A FOCUS REPORT
- Collaboration Tools - A Historical Review
- Installing Collaboration Software an Inexpensive Affair
- Effective Implementation of Collaborative Tools Necessary to Maximize Success
- Collaboration Technology Holds the Key to Competitive Advantage
- Disadvantages of Collaborative Solutions
- Essential Features of Online Collaboration Solutions
- Popular Online Collaboration Solutions
- Essentials of Successful Online Collaboration
- Real Time Collaboration
- Social Networking
- Team Collaboration
- Significant Features of an Enterprise Level Open Social
- Collaboration Platform
2. COLLABORATIVE TOOLS - TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
- Enterprise Level Collaboration - An Introduction
- What Does Collaboration Involve?
- Recipe for Successful Collaboration
- Essential Functionalities of Social Software
- Lotus Notes - The First Collaboration Platform
- Types of Collaborative Solutions
- Document Management
- Contact Management
- Instant Messaging
- Shared Calendars
- Discussion Forums
- Other Tools
- Collaboration Tools Essential for Software Developers
3. COLLABORATIVE TOOL - MARKET TRENDS
- Online Collaboration - An Inescapable Need of Oil and Gas Industry
- Three Prominent Trends Shaping Collaboration Strategies in the Marketing Area
- Customer Advisory Boards (CABs)
- Virtual Global Teams
- New Technologies
- Emerging Trends in Online Collaboration Solutions
- Application Programming Interface (API) - A PowerfulCollaboration Solution
- Collaborative Tools Changing the Very Concept of an Office in a Constrained Economic Situation
- How Can Collaboration Help Businesses in Achieving Goals
- Technologies Used for Online Collaboration
- Data Presentation
- E-calendars and Online Spreadsheets
- Application Sharing Technology
- Workflow Systems
- Knowledge Management Systems
- Project Management Solutions
- Instant Messaging
- Regional Market Information
- Online Collaboration Solutions - Indian Infrastructure Industry
4. NOTEWORTHY MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- Avaya, Inc. (USA)
- BroadSoft, Inc. (USA)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (USA)
- Good Technology, Inc. (USA)
- Salesforce.com, Inc. (USA)
- VMware, Inc. (USA)
5. CORPORATE INITIATIVES
- Good Technology Takes Over Copiun
- Salesforce.com Acquires Stypi
- Yammer Acquires OneDrum
- BroadSoft Inks Definitive Agreement with iLinc
- Cisco Acquires Versly
- VMware Takes Over Socialcast
- VMware Takes Over SlideRocket
- Salesforce.com Takes Over Dimdim
- Siemens Enterprise Communications Acquires FastViewer
- Google Takes Over DocVerse
- VMware Enters into Agreement with Yahoo
6. PRODUCT LAUNCHES/TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS
- IBM Launches SmartCloud Docs Service
- Gehry Launches GTeam Platform
- GrexIt Launches GrexIt Online Collaboration Solution for Google Apps
- HootSuite Launches HootSuite Conversations
- Evernote Launches Evernote Business
- Salesforce.com to Launch Salesforce Communities
- Jive Software Launches Jive for Marketing Teams
- Google Launches Google Drive and Chrome Web Browser File- Synchronizing and Management Solution for Apple iPads and iPhones
- RMI Launches User Types, Licensing Options for RMI Advantage Platform
- AquaFold Unveils AquaClusters.com
- Intuit Unveils Brainstorm
- Microsoft Unveils MS Office 365
- Jabra Launches Jabra PC Suite Plug-In
- Salesforce.com Unveils Chatter Online Collaboration Solution
- Cisco to Launch New Range of Enhanced Online Collaboration Solutions
- Snyxius Technologies Launches Collaborate Cloud
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b8frbj/collaboration
Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,361
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 412
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,455
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,882
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,288
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,858
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,230
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 978
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 861
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 631
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,039
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:42 PM EST Reads: 221
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 815
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,779
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,380
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 7,382
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,023
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 763
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,103
Dec. 9, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 1,999