SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Spansion Inc. (NYSE: CODE), a global leader in embedded systems, today added 96 new products to the Spansion® FM4 Family of flexible microcontrollers (MCUs). Based on the ARM® Cortex®-M4F core, the new MCUs boast a 200 MHz operating frequency and support a diverse set of on-chip peripherals for enhanced human machine interfaces (HMIs) and machine-to-machine (M2M) communications. The rich set of periphera...
|By Marketwired .||
|April 28, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/28/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Businesses today are faced with an ever-growing volume of data originating from both inside and outside the firewall that, if leveraged properly, can offer a competitive advantage and drive growth. In order to capitalize on this opportunity, organizations must overcome a wealth of challenges including cost-effective data governance, ensuring timely and reliable access to trusted data, accommodating different data types, sources, and deployment styles in hybrid IT environments. To meet these needs, Oracle Data Integration offers an integrated software platform that provides enterprises access to trusted data in bulk or real-time, in any format, varying from traditional transactional systems or big data, for various data integration patterns including data replication, data transformation, E-LT, data virtualization, and data services. Leveraging this comprehensive and integrated data integration solution, Oracle customers can achieve operational excellence, deliver greater customer experience, and stay ahead of competition.
- To reduce costs and drive business growth, organizations across the world continue to choose Oracle Data Integration for pervasive and continuous access to trusted data across Oracle and third-party technologies.
- More than 4,500 organizations spanning nearly every industry are using Oracle Data Integration to cost-effectively manage and create value from ever-growing streams of structured and unstructured data, and address emerging deployment styles. Recent customers include ICON, SolarWorld and Tukas Food. These recent customers join Avea, Land O'Lakes, Raymond James, Schneider National, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., and Ufone, who are using Oracle Data Integration products for strategic data initiatives in their enterprise.
- In addition, many industry leading partners, including BIAS, Bristlecone, Cintra, and Rittman Mead leverage Oracle Data Integration to provide their customers with reliable and cost-effective data integration and replication.
- With the recent releases of Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c, Oracle continues to enhance its comprehensive data integration offering.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c provide organizations with extreme performance and simplified solutions that helps companies keep pace with new data-oriented technology trends such as cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time operational intelligence, and continuous data availability.
- In addition to offering comprehensive big data integration capabilities, Oracle Data Integrator 12c helps improve developer productivity and lower total cost of ownership by delivering high-performance data movement and transformation across heterogeneous platforms with its open and integrated architecture.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c offers tight integration with Oracle GoldenGate 12c, increased developer productivity with a new flow-based declarative design, and a new migration tool that enables seamless transition from Oracle Warehouse Builder.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c delivers extreme performance with simplified configuration options while expanding its heterogeneity with support for the latest versions of major databases. The newly supported database versions include Microsoft SQL Server 2012, MySQL 5.6, MySQL Cluster 7.3, IBM DB2 LUW 10.1 and 10.5, IBM DB2 Remote, Sybase 15.7, and Teradata 14.10.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c also offers optimized support for Oracle Database 12c and provides a strong foundation for seamless private cloud deployments.
- Oracle Data Integration has gained notable industry recognition, with Gartner positioning Oracle in the Leaders quadrant in its July 17, 2013 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools. Furthermore, in its latest Worldwide Database Development and Management Tools Vendor Shares report(1) IDC named Oracle a leader in data replication with the combination of Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Management Packs offerings.
- Oracle Data Integration is part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- "In today's data-driven business environment, organizations are faced with the complexity of managing large collections of data from a variety of sources," said Brad Adelberg, vice president, Development, Oracle. "As the industry-leading data integration solution, Oracle Data Integration provides high-performance, streamlined solutions that help increase productivity and drive innovation using big data. Oracle's tightly integrated data integration solution enables our customers to achieve operational excellence and to deliver better customer experience, leading to sustainable competitive advantage."
- "Oracle Data Integrator enables us to align clinical trials intelligence with the information needs of our sponsors," said Diarmaid O'Reilly, enterprise data warehouse manager, ICON plc. "It helps differentiate ICON's services in an increasingly competitive drug-development industry."
- "With Oracle GoldenGate 11g, we've been able to migrate our enterprise-wide implementation of Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, ERP system, to a new database and application server platform with minimal downtime to our business," said Rich Bellefeuille, manager, ETL & data warehouse, Land O'Lakes. "Using Oracle GoldenGate 11g we reduced database migration time from nearly 30 hours to less than 30 minutes. Given our quick success, we are considering expansion of our Oracle GoldenGate 12c footprint. We are also in the midst of deploying a solution leveraging Oracle Data Integrator 12c to manage our pricing data to handle orders more effectively and provide a better relationship with our clients. We feel we are gaining higher productivity and flexibility with Oracle's data integration products."
- "We use Oracle GoldenGate for real-time data integration into our decision support system, which performs real-time analysis for manufacturing operations to continuously improve product quality, yield and efficiency," said Russ Toyama, U.S. senior database administrator, SolarWorld. "With reliable and low-impact data movement capabilities, Oracle GoldenGate also helps ensure that our critical manufacturing systems are stable and operate with high performance."
- "We leverage Oracle GoldenGate to replicate data from our central reservations systems and other OLTP databases -- significantly decreasing the overall ETL duration," said Gordon Light, senior director of information technology, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. "Moving forward, we plan to use Oracle GoldenGate to help the company achieve near-real-time reporting."
- "Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate help us integrate information from various systems and provide up-to-date and real-time CRM data updates hourly, rather than daily," said Atif Aslam, head of management information systems, Ufone. "The applications have simplified data warehouse operations and allowed business users to make faster and better informed decisions to protect revenue in the fast-moving Pakistani telecommunications market."
- Oracle Data Integration
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Connect with Oracle Data Integration via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) IDC, Worldwide Database Development and Management Tools 2013-2017 Forecast and 2012 Vendor Shares, Doc # 242376, Jul 2013
Oct. 21, 2014 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,013
The Internet of Things (IoT) is making everything it touches smarter – smart devices, smart cars and smart cities. And lucky us, we’re just beginning to reap the benefits as we work toward a networked society. However, this technology-driven innovation is impacting more than just individuals. The IoT has an environmental impact as well, which brings us to the theme of this month’s #IoTuesday Twitter chat. The ability to remove inefficiencies through connected objects is driving change throughout every sector, including waste management. BigBelly Solar, located just outside of Boston, is trans...
Oct. 21, 2014 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,300
SYS-CON Events announced today that Matrix.org has been named “Silver Sponsor” of Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Matrix is an ambitious new open standard for open, distributed, real-time communication over IP. It defines a new approach for interoperable Instant Messaging and VoIP based on pragmatic HTTP APIs and WebRTC, and provides open source reference implementations to showcase and bootstrap the new standard. Our focus is on simplicity, security, and supporting the fullest feature set.
Oct. 20, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,100
Predicted by Gartner to add $1.9 trillion to the global economy by 2020, the Internet of Everything (IoE) is based on the idea that devices, systems and services will connect in simple, transparent ways, enabling seamless interactions among devices across brands and sectors. As this vision unfolds, it is clear that no single company can accomplish the level of interoperability required to support the horizontal aspects of the IoE. The AllSeen Alliance, announced in December 2013, was formed with the goal to advance IoE adoption and innovation in the connected home, healthcare, education, aut...
Oct. 20, 2014 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,573
SYS-CON Events announced today that Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions, will exhibit at Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, a...
Oct. 20, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,111
The only place to be June 9-11 is Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo 2015 East at the Javits Center in New York City. Join us there as delegates from all over the world come to listen to and engage with speakers & sponsors from the leading Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data companies. Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo are the leading events covering the booming market of Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data for the enterprise. Speakers from all over the world will be hand-picked for their ability to explore the economic strategies that utility/cloud computing provides. Whether public, private, or in a hybrid form, clo...
Oct. 20, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,867
Software AG helps organizations transform into Digital Enterprises, so they can differentiate from competitors and better engage customers, partners and employees. Using the Software AG Suite, companies can close the gap between business and IT to create digital systems of differentiation that drive front-line agility. We offer four on-ramps to the Digital Enterprise: alignment through collaborative process analysis; transformation through portfolio management; agility through process automation and integration; and visibility through intelligent business operations and big data.
Oct. 20, 2014 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,593
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,587
Be Among the First 100 to Attend & Receive a Smart Beacon. The Physical Web is an open web project within the Chrome team at Google. Scott Jenson leads a team that is working to leverage the scalability and openness of the web to talk to smart devices. The Physical Web uses bluetooth low energy beacons to broadcast an URL wirelessly using an open protocol. Nearby devices can find all URLs in the room, rank them and let the user pick one from a list. Each device is, in effect, a gateway to a web page. This unlocks entirely new use cases so devices can offer tiny bits of information or simple i...
Oct. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,738
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, will address the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. How important are public, private, and hybrid cloud to the enterprise? How does one define Big Data? And how is the IoT tying all this together?
Oct. 20, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,584
The Internet of Things (IoT) is going to require a new way of thinking and of developing software for speed, security and innovation. This requires IT leaders to balance business as usual while anticipating for the next market and technology trends. Cloud provides the right IT asset portfolio to help today’s IT leaders manage the old and prepare for the new. Today the cloud conversation is evolving from private and public to hybrid. This session will provide use cases and insights to reinforce the value of the network in helping organizations to maximize their company’s cloud experience.
Oct. 20, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,813
TechCrunch reported that "Berlin-based relayr, maker of the WunderBar, an Internet of Things (IoT) hardware dev kit which resembles a chunky chocolate bar, has closed a $2.3 million seed round, from unnamed U.S. and Switzerland-based investors. The startup had previously raised a €250,000 friend and family round, and had been on track to close a €500,000 seed earlier this year — but received a higher funding offer from a different set of investors, which is the $2.3M round it’s reporting."
Oct. 20, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,519
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
Oct. 19, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,478
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. Over the summer Gartner released its much anticipated annual Hype Cycle report and the big news is that Internet of Things has now replaced Big Data as the most hyped technology. Indeed, we're hearing more and more about this fascinating new technological paradigm. Every other IT news item seems to be about IoT and its implications on the future of digital busines...
Oct. 19, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,742
Cultural, regulatory, environmental, political and economic (CREPE) conditions over the past decade are creating cross-industry solution spaces that require processes and technologies from both the Internet of Things (IoT), and Data Management and Analytics (DMA). These solution spaces are evolving into Sensor Analytics Ecosystems (SAE) that represent significant new opportunities for organizations of all types. Public Utilities throughout the world, providing electricity, natural gas and water, are pursuing SmartGrid initiatives that represent one of the more mature examples of SAE. We have s...
Oct. 19, 2014 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,401
The Internet of Things needs an entirely new security model, or does it? Can we save some old and tested controls for the latest emerging and different technology environments? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, will review hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal privacy options and a new risk balance you might not expect.
Oct. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,876
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, will discuss the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. The presentation will also discuss how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics to discuss are barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold.
Oct. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,668
Swiss innovators dizmo Inc. launches its ground-breaking software, which turns any digital surface into an immersive platform. The dizmo platform seamlessly connects digital and physical objects in the home and at the workplace. Dizmo breaks down traditional boundaries between device, operating systems, apps and software, transforming the way users work, play and live. It supports orchestration and collaboration in an unparalleled way enabling any data to instantaneously be accessed on any surface, anywhere and made interactive. Dizmo brings fantasies as seen in Sci-fi movies such as Iro...
Oct. 18, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,830
There’s Big Data, then there’s really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at 6th Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, to discuss how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other mach...
Oct. 18, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,899
This Internet of Nouns trend is still in the early stages and many of our already connected gadgets do provide human benefits over the typical infotainment. Internet of Things or IoT. You know, where everyday objects have software, chips, and sensors to capture data and report back. Household items like refrigerators, toilets and thermostats along with clothing, cars and soon, the entire home will be connected. Many of these devices provide actionable data - or just fun entertainment - so people can make decisions about whatever is being monitored. It can also help save lives.
Oct. 18, 2014 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,642