|By Marketwired .||
|April 28, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/28/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Businesses today are faced with an ever-growing volume of data originating from both inside and outside the firewall that, if leveraged properly, can offer a competitive advantage and drive growth. In order to capitalize on this opportunity, organizations must overcome a wealth of challenges including cost-effective data governance, ensuring timely and reliable access to trusted data, accommodating different data types, sources, and deployment styles in hybrid IT environments. To meet these needs, Oracle Data Integration offers an integrated software platform that provides enterprises access to trusted data in bulk or real-time, in any format, varying from traditional transactional systems or big data, for various data integration patterns including data replication, data transformation, E-LT, data virtualization, and data services. Leveraging this comprehensive and integrated data integration solution, Oracle customers can achieve operational excellence, deliver greater customer experience, and stay ahead of competition.
- To reduce costs and drive business growth, organizations across the world continue to choose Oracle Data Integration for pervasive and continuous access to trusted data across Oracle and third-party technologies.
- More than 4,500 organizations spanning nearly every industry are using Oracle Data Integration to cost-effectively manage and create value from ever-growing streams of structured and unstructured data, and address emerging deployment styles. Recent customers include ICON, SolarWorld and Tukas Food. These recent customers join Avea, Land O'Lakes, Raymond James, Schneider National, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., and Ufone, who are using Oracle Data Integration products for strategic data initiatives in their enterprise.
- In addition, many industry leading partners, including BIAS, Bristlecone, Cintra, and Rittman Mead leverage Oracle Data Integration to provide their customers with reliable and cost-effective data integration and replication.
- With the recent releases of Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c, Oracle continues to enhance its comprehensive data integration offering.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c provide organizations with extreme performance and simplified solutions that helps companies keep pace with new data-oriented technology trends such as cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time operational intelligence, and continuous data availability.
- In addition to offering comprehensive big data integration capabilities, Oracle Data Integrator 12c helps improve developer productivity and lower total cost of ownership by delivering high-performance data movement and transformation across heterogeneous platforms with its open and integrated architecture.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c offers tight integration with Oracle GoldenGate 12c, increased developer productivity with a new flow-based declarative design, and a new migration tool that enables seamless transition from Oracle Warehouse Builder.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c delivers extreme performance with simplified configuration options while expanding its heterogeneity with support for the latest versions of major databases. The newly supported database versions include Microsoft SQL Server 2012, MySQL 5.6, MySQL Cluster 7.3, IBM DB2 LUW 10.1 and 10.5, IBM DB2 Remote, Sybase 15.7, and Teradata 14.10.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c also offers optimized support for Oracle Database 12c and provides a strong foundation for seamless private cloud deployments.
- Oracle Data Integration has gained notable industry recognition, with Gartner positioning Oracle in the Leaders quadrant in its July 17, 2013 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools. Furthermore, in its latest Worldwide Database Development and Management Tools Vendor Shares report(1) IDC named Oracle a leader in data replication with the combination of Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Management Packs offerings.
- Oracle Data Integration is part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- "In today's data-driven business environment, organizations are faced with the complexity of managing large collections of data from a variety of sources," said Brad Adelberg, vice president, Development, Oracle. "As the industry-leading data integration solution, Oracle Data Integration provides high-performance, streamlined solutions that help increase productivity and drive innovation using big data. Oracle's tightly integrated data integration solution enables our customers to achieve operational excellence and to deliver better customer experience, leading to sustainable competitive advantage."
- "Oracle Data Integrator enables us to align clinical trials intelligence with the information needs of our sponsors," said Diarmaid O'Reilly, enterprise data warehouse manager, ICON plc. "It helps differentiate ICON's services in an increasingly competitive drug-development industry."
- "With Oracle GoldenGate 11g, we've been able to migrate our enterprise-wide implementation of Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, ERP system, to a new database and application server platform with minimal downtime to our business," said Rich Bellefeuille, manager, ETL & data warehouse, Land O'Lakes. "Using Oracle GoldenGate 11g we reduced database migration time from nearly 30 hours to less than 30 minutes. Given our quick success, we are considering expansion of our Oracle GoldenGate 12c footprint. We are also in the midst of deploying a solution leveraging Oracle Data Integrator 12c to manage our pricing data to handle orders more effectively and provide a better relationship with our clients. We feel we are gaining higher productivity and flexibility with Oracle's data integration products."
- "We use Oracle GoldenGate for real-time data integration into our decision support system, which performs real-time analysis for manufacturing operations to continuously improve product quality, yield and efficiency," said Russ Toyama, U.S. senior database administrator, SolarWorld. "With reliable and low-impact data movement capabilities, Oracle GoldenGate also helps ensure that our critical manufacturing systems are stable and operate with high performance."
- "We leverage Oracle GoldenGate to replicate data from our central reservations systems and other OLTP databases -- significantly decreasing the overall ETL duration," said Gordon Light, senior director of information technology, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. "Moving forward, we plan to use Oracle GoldenGate to help the company achieve near-real-time reporting."
- "Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate help us integrate information from various systems and provide up-to-date and real-time CRM data updates hourly, rather than daily," said Atif Aslam, head of management information systems, Ufone. "The applications have simplified data warehouse operations and allowed business users to make faster and better informed decisions to protect revenue in the fast-moving Pakistani telecommunications market."
- Oracle Data Integration
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Connect with Oracle Data Integration via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) IDC, Worldwide Database Development and Management Tools 2013-2017 Forecast and 2012 Vendor Shares, Doc # 242376, Jul 2013
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,388
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 570
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,317
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 10, 2016 03:15 AM EST Reads: 497
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 802
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 640
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for s...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 799
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,276
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 PM EST Reads: 1,163
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 580
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 348
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,291
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,047
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 5,152
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,773
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,384
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,905
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,487
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,878
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,330