|By Marketwired .||
|April 28, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/28/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Businesses today are faced with an ever-growing volume of data originating from both inside and outside the firewall that, if leveraged properly, can offer a competitive advantage and drive growth. In order to capitalize on this opportunity, organizations must overcome a wealth of challenges including cost-effective data governance, ensuring timely and reliable access to trusted data, accommodating different data types, sources, and deployment styles in hybrid IT environments. To meet these needs, Oracle Data Integration offers an integrated software platform that provides enterprises access to trusted data in bulk or real-time, in any format, varying from traditional transactional systems or big data, for various data integration patterns including data replication, data transformation, E-LT, data virtualization, and data services. Leveraging this comprehensive and integrated data integration solution, Oracle customers can achieve operational excellence, deliver greater customer experience, and stay ahead of competition.
- To reduce costs and drive business growth, organizations across the world continue to choose Oracle Data Integration for pervasive and continuous access to trusted data across Oracle and third-party technologies.
- More than 4,500 organizations spanning nearly every industry are using Oracle Data Integration to cost-effectively manage and create value from ever-growing streams of structured and unstructured data, and address emerging deployment styles. Recent customers include ICON, SolarWorld and Tukas Food. These recent customers join Avea, Land O'Lakes, Raymond James, Schneider National, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., and Ufone, who are using Oracle Data Integration products for strategic data initiatives in their enterprise.
- In addition, many industry leading partners, including BIAS, Bristlecone, Cintra, and Rittman Mead leverage Oracle Data Integration to provide their customers with reliable and cost-effective data integration and replication.
- With the recent releases of Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c, Oracle continues to enhance its comprehensive data integration offering.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c and Oracle GoldenGate 12c provide organizations with extreme performance and simplified solutions that helps companies keep pace with new data-oriented technology trends such as cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time operational intelligence, and continuous data availability.
- In addition to offering comprehensive big data integration capabilities, Oracle Data Integrator 12c helps improve developer productivity and lower total cost of ownership by delivering high-performance data movement and transformation across heterogeneous platforms with its open and integrated architecture.
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c offers tight integration with Oracle GoldenGate 12c, increased developer productivity with a new flow-based declarative design, and a new migration tool that enables seamless transition from Oracle Warehouse Builder.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c delivers extreme performance with simplified configuration options while expanding its heterogeneity with support for the latest versions of major databases. The newly supported database versions include Microsoft SQL Server 2012, MySQL 5.6, MySQL Cluster 7.3, IBM DB2 LUW 10.1 and 10.5, IBM DB2 Remote, Sybase 15.7, and Teradata 14.10.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c also offers optimized support for Oracle Database 12c and provides a strong foundation for seamless private cloud deployments.
- Oracle Data Integration has gained notable industry recognition, with Gartner positioning Oracle in the Leaders quadrant in its July 17, 2013 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools. Furthermore, in its latest Worldwide Database Development and Management Tools Vendor Shares report(1) IDC named Oracle a leader in data replication with the combination of Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Management Packs offerings.
- Oracle Data Integration is part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- "In today's data-driven business environment, organizations are faced with the complexity of managing large collections of data from a variety of sources," said Brad Adelberg, vice president, Development, Oracle. "As the industry-leading data integration solution, Oracle Data Integration provides high-performance, streamlined solutions that help increase productivity and drive innovation using big data. Oracle's tightly integrated data integration solution enables our customers to achieve operational excellence and to deliver better customer experience, leading to sustainable competitive advantage."
- "Oracle Data Integrator enables us to align clinical trials intelligence with the information needs of our sponsors," said Diarmaid O'Reilly, enterprise data warehouse manager, ICON plc. "It helps differentiate ICON's services in an increasingly competitive drug-development industry."
- "With Oracle GoldenGate 11g, we've been able to migrate our enterprise-wide implementation of Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, ERP system, to a new database and application server platform with minimal downtime to our business," said Rich Bellefeuille, manager, ETL & data warehouse, Land O'Lakes. "Using Oracle GoldenGate 11g we reduced database migration time from nearly 30 hours to less than 30 minutes. Given our quick success, we are considering expansion of our Oracle GoldenGate 12c footprint. We are also in the midst of deploying a solution leveraging Oracle Data Integrator 12c to manage our pricing data to handle orders more effectively and provide a better relationship with our clients. We feel we are gaining higher productivity and flexibility with Oracle's data integration products."
- "We use Oracle GoldenGate for real-time data integration into our decision support system, which performs real-time analysis for manufacturing operations to continuously improve product quality, yield and efficiency," said Russ Toyama, U.S. senior database administrator, SolarWorld. "With reliable and low-impact data movement capabilities, Oracle GoldenGate also helps ensure that our critical manufacturing systems are stable and operate with high performance."
- "We leverage Oracle GoldenGate to replicate data from our central reservations systems and other OLTP databases -- significantly decreasing the overall ETL duration," said Gordon Light, senior director of information technology, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. "Moving forward, we plan to use Oracle GoldenGate to help the company achieve near-real-time reporting."
- "Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate help us integrate information from various systems and provide up-to-date and real-time CRM data updates hourly, rather than daily," said Atif Aslam, head of management information systems, Ufone. "The applications have simplified data warehouse operations and allowed business users to make faster and better informed decisions to protect revenue in the fast-moving Pakistani telecommunications market."
- Oracle Data Integration
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Connect with Oracle Data Integration via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) IDC, Worldwide Database Development and Management Tools 2013-2017 Forecast and 2012 Vendor Shares, Doc # 242376, Jul 2013
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context with p...
Dec. 1, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 477
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Dec. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 507
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment process from development to production scenarios using Docker containers.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 152
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 389
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, demonstrated examples of com...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 450
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningful and actionable insights. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Paul Turner, Chief Marketing Officer at...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 455
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Dec. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 553
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Dec. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 359
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now all corporate assets – people, objects, and spaces – can share information about themselves and thei...
Dec. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 314
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessions, I wanted to share some of my observations on emerging trends. As cyber security serves as a fou...
Dec. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 377
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Dec. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 481
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Yet a closer inspection at the data reveals less than half of these cloud projects involve production...
Dec. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 521
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry – resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his general session at 17th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, an IBM Company, broke down what we have to work with, discussed the benefits and pitfalls and how we can best use them to design hosted applications.
Dec. 1, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 142
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true change and transformation possible.
Dec. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 584
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" in this scenario: microservice A (releases daily) depends on a couple of additions to backend B (re...
Dec. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 488
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 258
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application delivery by allowing increasingly popular Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) platforms to quickly crea...
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 402
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 401
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound effect on the world, and what should we expect to see over the next couple of years.
Dec. 1, 2015 06:30 AM EST Reads: 517
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, wil...
Dec. 1, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 630