|By Max Katz||
|May 20, 2014 06:43 PM EDT||
I will be at Glue Conference tomorrow and Thursday. What is Gluecon? It’s a very nice developer oriented conference (from their website):
Cloud, DevOps, Mobile, APIs, Big Data — all of the converging, important trends in technology today share one thing in common: developers. Developers are the vanguard. Developers are building in the cloud, building mobile applications, utilizing and building APIs, and working with big data. At the end of the day, developers are the core.
I like a small conference atmosphere. A small conference allows to have more conversations, discussions, and networking. If you are at the conference and would like to meet and chat about APIs, mobile development, adding your API plugin into Appery.io – just ping me.
There are a number of interesting sessions and I’m planning to attend:
- DevOps vs the Enterprise: What we Can Learn From Mainframe by Mike Baukes, ScriptRock
- Creating Apps with Beacons, Brian Wilson, Kinvey
- Death to Cookies, Long Live Tokens – Matias Woloski & Eugenio Pace, Auth0
- The New Development Experience Mark VanderWiele, IBM
- 10 Reasons Why Developers Hate Your API (And What to Do About It), John Musser
- MobileDevOps: Mobile Apps, APIs and DevOps, Alex Gaber, Crittercism
- Seamless Innovation: A New Cloud Reality for App Development Ramiro Berrelleza, ElasticBox
- APIs.json and API Discovery on the Web, Steven Willmott and Kin Lane
- Creating APIs in the Enterprise Sumit Sharma, Mulesoft
- Flynn: Building the Ideal Developer Platform – Jeff Lindsay, Digital Ocean
View the rest of the agenda.
Hope to see you there.
Jul. 1, 2016 12:32 PM EDT
Jul. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 650
Jul. 1, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 623
Jul. 1, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 540
Jul. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,062
Jul. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 482
Jul. 1, 2016 09:49 AM EDT Reads: 220
Jul. 1, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,167
Jul. 1, 2016 09:12 AM EDT Reads: 221
Jul. 1, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 661
Jul. 1, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 777
Jul. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 773
Jul. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 543
Jul. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 571
Jul. 1, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 716
Jul. 1, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,312
Jul. 1, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 760
Jul. 1, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 622
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profession...
Jun. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 572
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,394