|By Marketwired .||
|June 3, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- (Marketwired) -- 06/03/14 -- High-profile local investors, top corporations and entrepreneurial community influencers will all gather on Thursday, June 5, from 5:30 pm. to 7:30 p.m. at The Duce, 525 S. Central Avenue, Phoenix to celebrate the kick-off of Tallwave's High Tide 3 venture program.
Open to the public with free registration, leading EdTech, Healthcare and Digital IT entrepreneurs from across the country will be introduced at the event as the final few that have been selected to participate in Tallwave's latest High Tide.
As a leading venture development firm and commercializor in the Southwest, Tallwave helps entrepreneurs build their early stage companies through sound capital strategy and well-executed go-to-market plans.
Tallwave's rigorous High Tide program consists of over three months of validation, acceleration and commercialization boot camps, move-the-needle competitions and local, regional and national investor pitches. At its culmination, two of the participants will receive $45,000 cash in the form of a convertible promissory note.
"High Tide is instrumental in helping startups become more investable and grow their ventures into sustainable companies," said Robert Wallace, executive vice president, Tallwave Venture Services. "It's also an ideal vehicle to align the entrepreneurial community and support the Arizona economy, we're all in this together."
High Tide 3 Advisory Groups
Hailing from top research institutions, global brands, well-funded start-ups and leading educational institutions, the High Tide advisory group assisted Tallwave in selecting the High Tide 3 entrepreneurs with innovations that solve immediate problems for the Healthcare, EdTech, and Digital industries. The group will also advise the High Tide participants on best practices for launching and growing their businesses.
The Group of Tallwave Advisors for HighTide 3 includes:
- Gary Coraggio, Sales Director and Marketing Coach, PEPID
- John Julian, CEO, Next Care
- Travis Leach, Partner, Ballard Spahr
- David Schwartz, Office of Business Development, Mayo Clinic
- Ed Staren, CEO, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Ian Steinberg, Transformation Leader, Consultative Business Development and Client Solutions Executive, IBM
- Marilyn Teplitz, Founder, MGT Associates
- Norm Allgood, CEO, Synergis Education
- Jeffrey Anderson, Multimedia Programmer at Mesa Community College and Private Technology and Process Consultant
- Jim Bowler, CEO, Adaptive Curriculum
- Ashley Brown, Head of School, BASIS Peoria
- Jaime Casap, Global Education Evangelist, Google
- Thomas Darcy, State and Local Government Solutions lead, IBM Software
- Sher Downing, Ph.D., Chief Learning Technology Officer, ASU, WP Carey
- John Everett, CEO Apollidon
- Clint Everton, President, Evermor Advisors
- Vince Grell, former Executive Vice President, University of Phoenix
- Shawn Mahoney, Ph.D., Vice President, School Product Design Research and Evaluation, Pearson
- Stacey Morley, Director, Policy Development & Public Affairs, Arizona State Board of Education
- Matt Pittinsky, Ph.D., CEO, Parchment
- Mike Sharkey, President, Blue Canary Data
High Tide 3 Community Sponsors
With the support of its advisors, collaborators and community sponsors, Tallwave is connecting entrepreneurs and their startups with the resources they need across the region. The following community partners are committed to advancing entrepreneurship and investing in startups in the region and Tallwave thanks them for their incredible support:
- Arizona Technology Enterprises (AzTE)
- Bryan Cave
- Dignity Healthcare
- Goodman's Furniture
- Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC)
- Silicon Valley Bank
Tallwave is a commercializor -- it helps startups and innovators build their products and take them to market.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, with offices in Los Angeles and Portland, the company creates and maximizes commercial success and shareholder value for entrepreneurs and investors by validating, scaling and managing early-stage and growth ventures with a hands-on approach.
The combination of Tallwave's proprietary lean Business Blueprint system for product and company validation, and go to market strategy; its unique Operator Model for resource development and management, and the access to pre-seed through series A capital Tallwave makes available, sets the company apart from incubators, accelerators and venture capital firms whose business models limit the range of resources they provide.
For more information about Tallwave, visit www.tallwave.com.
Feb. 11, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 404
Feb. 11, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 436
Feb. 11, 2016 01:45 PM EST
Feb. 11, 2016 01:45 PM EST
Feb. 11, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 435
Feb. 11, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 204
Feb. 11, 2016 12:00 PM EST
Feb. 11, 2016 11:30 AM EST
Feb. 11, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 244
Feb. 11, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 121
Feb. 11, 2016 10:15 AM EST
Feb. 11, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 394
Feb. 11, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 199
Feb. 11, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 107
Feb. 11, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 442
Feb. 11, 2016 05:00 AM EST
Feb. 11, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 213
Feb. 11, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 235
Feb. 10, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 118
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 628