|By Business Wire||
|June 30, 2014 12:22 PM EDT||
SimpliVity, the leader in hyperconverged infrastructure for the software-defined data center, today announced several additions to its rapidly expanding customer roster, including: City of Arvada, Colorado; City of Brighton, Colorado; City of Mesquite, Nevada; City of O’Fallon, Missouri; Town of Newington, Connecticut; and the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office in Massachusetts. These public sector organizations selected SimpliVity to simplify data center infrastructure and drive higher efficiency, while dramatically reducing costs.
State and local government finances continue to improve; however, these agencies must maintain service levels and innovate to serve their constituents in a cost-efficient way. As state and local municipalities modernize their IT infrastructure, many are turning to SimpliVity to replace their legacy stack of servers, storage switches, enterprise HDD and SSD storage, backup solutions and WAN optimization that have failed to meet their current needs.
SimpliVity OmniCube collapses legacy stacks and functionality into hyperconverged x86 building blocks. Deploying a network of two or more OmniCubes creates a global federation that facilitates efficient data movement, resource sharing and scalability. Integrated data protection and unified global management within and across sites drive greater operational efficiency. Further, OmniCube’s data architecture optimizes performance and capacity, and provides VM-centric management and mobility—all contributing to a radical reduction in complexity and cost.
City of Arvada, Colorado
- Situation: The city had its legacy infrastructure in place for more than six years. The environment was more complex and administrators spent more time attending to the Fibre Channel SAN.
- Solution: OmniCube federation in two data centers to accommodate 59 applications running simultaneously.
- Benefits: City of Arvada saw improved performance of critical applications, improved disaster recovery testing and strategy and a reduced data center footprint for energy efficiency.
- Quote: “Last year, the City of Arvada began looking for a new server and storage platform to re-home its police management system, and got bids for converged infrastructure offerings from hyperconverged startups Nutanix and SimpliVity as well as IBM, Hitachi, HP, Cisco and VCE V Block,” said Ron Czarnecki, CIO for City of Arvada. "SimpliVity turned out to be significantly different from all the others, and SimpliVity offers benefits like built-in deduplication, compression and replication, plus an all-inclusive pricing model.”
City of Brighton, Colorado
- Situation: Brighton is a Home Rule Municipality in Adams County, Colorado, with a population of more than 30,000. The City of Brighton required a refresh of its aging IT infrastructure that was experiencing performance issues, approaching capacity on its SAN and delivering poor recovery point and recovery time objectives with its incumbent backup solution.
- Solution: A three-node OmniCube federation running 50+ applications simultaneously.
- Benefits: After implementing SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure for its 14 TB of production data, Brighton was able to non-disruptively migrate its VMs and data within one week. The city immediately achieved a 36 percent capacity reduction and a 97 percent performance improvement. Brighton also improved recovery objectives: backing up full VMs every two hours, while saving 3.3PB of space.
- Quote: Jeromy King, assistant director of IT stated, “We believed that moving forward with a modern hyperconverged infrastructure solution was the right choice versus just adding more disk and not solving the true IT issue. And we received a big bonus in the native VM-level data protection in OmniCube. Now, we are in a much better position to add disaster recovery capabilities to our environment and deliver the service that we need to our customers.”
City of Mesquite, Colorado
- Situation: The city of Mesquite, Nevada is 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas and has a population of more than 15,000. The organization initially sought to do a capacity upgrade on the existing storage supporting its virtual workloads, which was approaching full capacity and nearing its refresh date.
- Solution: The municipality replaced most of its legacy infrastructure with a federation of two OmniCubes in the primary data center hosting 40+ applications, and one in its second site for disaster recovery.
- Benefits: The city of Mesquite realized value within one week with a performance improvement of up to 25 percent and a 50:1 capacity savings.
- Quote: “SimpliVity’s OmniCube is one of the most cost effective systems we have found since implementing VMware. There is more functionality in a single box than many solutions put in a complete rack,” said Dirk Marshall, IT manager at the City of Mesquite, Nevada.
City of O’Fallon, Missouri
- Situation: O’Fallon is a city in Saint Charles County, Missouri, with a population of more than 80,000. O’Fallon found the number of vendors it had to manage to be a burden, and the city also desired improvements in backup and disaster recovery.
- Solution: A federation of two OmniCubes in the primary data center and one in its second site for disaster recovery.
- Benefits: The city of O’Fallon saw rapid value with performance improvements of 50 to 75 percent and capacity savings of up to 100:1. It also realized deployment agility. SimpliVity enables workload deployment within one day versus deployment times of up to one week before SimpliVity.
- Quote: “We are very pleased about how well SimpliVity integrated into our vCenter, as well as with the compression ratio of our virtual machines stored on OmniCube,” said Jim Woerther, IT administrator, City of O’Fallon.
Town of Newington, Connecticut
- Situation: The Town of Newington, located just south of Hartford, Connecticut, provides 24/7/365 services for 21 different departments, including public safety. Legacy infrastructure consisted of six servers and six iSCSI SANs across two data centers. The town initially pursued upgrading its infrastructure with existing vendors.
- Solution: OmniCube federations in two data centers.
- Benefits: The town realized value within the first week, reducing its data center footprint, achieving greater data efficiency, improving performance and introducing massive savings in storage and capital.
- Quote: “One of the nice things we really liked about the SimpliVity solution was that all administration is done within VMware’s vCenter. The plug-in allowed us to not only view performance for each data center, but also allow us to view performance per virtual machine – a very nice, slick and clean interface,” said Paul G. Boutot, CIO for the Town of Newington.
Worcester County Sheriff’s Office, Massachusetts
- Situation: Worcester County Sheriff’s Department serves one of the largest counties in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and supports just over 500 staff and mission-critical applications, including Public Safety Jail Management Software. The legacy infrastructure comprised of 16 servers and multiple complex SANs, could not keep pace with demand or staffing resources.
- Solution: A federation of two OmniCubes in the primary data center running more than 40 applications, and one in its second site for disaster recovery.
- Benefits: The office improved overall capacity of user-heavy applications and allowed for improved speed and availability, while increasing productivity for staff.
- Quote: “We were really pleased with the improvements in backup and disaster recovery enabled by OmniCube’s integrated data protection. Our recovery time and recovery point objectives were reduced to minutes from hours to days for all applications, regardless of size. Now, I have peace of mind,” stated Maurice Myrie, CIO for the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office.
"We’re very pleased with our rapid customer expansion, and thrilled to see the results our customers are realizing using our data virtualization platform,” said Doron Kempel, chairman and CEO of SimpliVity. “Our proven ability to drive efficiency while drastically reducing data center complexity and costs is contributing to our rapid growth and our leadership position in the hyperconverged infrastructure market.”.
About SimpliVity Corporation
SimpliVity's revolutionary Data Virtualization Platform delivered on hyperconverged infrastructure is the first and only technology that comprehensively —and simply—addresses the performance and capacity challenges in today’s software-defined data centers. Ensuring performance, capacity, mobility, manageability and protection of data without driving up CAPEX and OPEX requires a new data architecture delivered on commodity x86 building blocks. SimpliVity takes a VM-centric approach, ensures adequate IOPS to fuel application requirements and drives dramatic efficiency resulting in a 300 percent TCO savings. Launched in 2013, SimpliVity is used by hundreds of enterprises and service providers worldwide, including Dairylea, T-Systems, University of Alberta School of Business and Wausau Coated. Headquartered in Massachusetts, SimpliVity's business model is 100 percent indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available through its network of worldwide resellers and distributors. For more information, contact us at +1 508-310-1032, firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.simplivity.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,067
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,132
SYS-CON Events announced today the How to Create Angular 2 Clients for the Cloud Workshop, being held June 7, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified. Now it’s a component-based well-performing framework. The immersive one-day workshop led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and...
May. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,116
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,348
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
May. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,580
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,069
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,391
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex software systems for startups and enterprises. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 200 develope...
May. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,840
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,455
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation provide unparalleled performance and control. Its flexible unified platform seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices linked via a world...
May. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,400
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,423
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
May. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,278
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,019
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 30, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,315
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
May. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,344
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 30, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,549
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,406
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
May. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,101
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,550
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
May. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,039