|By Business Wire||
|June 30, 2014 12:22 PM EDT||
SimpliVity, the leader in hyperconverged infrastructure for the software-defined data center, today announced several additions to its rapidly expanding customer roster, including: City of Arvada, Colorado; City of Brighton, Colorado; City of Mesquite, Nevada; City of O’Fallon, Missouri; Town of Newington, Connecticut; and the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office in Massachusetts. These public sector organizations selected SimpliVity to simplify data center infrastructure and drive higher efficiency, while dramatically reducing costs.
State and local government finances continue to improve; however, these agencies must maintain service levels and innovate to serve their constituents in a cost-efficient way. As state and local municipalities modernize their IT infrastructure, many are turning to SimpliVity to replace their legacy stack of servers, storage switches, enterprise HDD and SSD storage, backup solutions and WAN optimization that have failed to meet their current needs.
SimpliVity OmniCube collapses legacy stacks and functionality into hyperconverged x86 building blocks. Deploying a network of two or more OmniCubes creates a global federation that facilitates efficient data movement, resource sharing and scalability. Integrated data protection and unified global management within and across sites drive greater operational efficiency. Further, OmniCube’s data architecture optimizes performance and capacity, and provides VM-centric management and mobility—all contributing to a radical reduction in complexity and cost.
City of Arvada, Colorado
- Situation: The city had its legacy infrastructure in place for more than six years. The environment was more complex and administrators spent more time attending to the Fibre Channel SAN.
- Solution: OmniCube federation in two data centers to accommodate 59 applications running simultaneously.
- Benefits: City of Arvada saw improved performance of critical applications, improved disaster recovery testing and strategy and a reduced data center footprint for energy efficiency.
- Quote: “Last year, the City of Arvada began looking for a new server and storage platform to re-home its police management system, and got bids for converged infrastructure offerings from hyperconverged startups Nutanix and SimpliVity as well as IBM, Hitachi, HP, Cisco and VCE V Block,” said Ron Czarnecki, CIO for City of Arvada. "SimpliVity turned out to be significantly different from all the others, and SimpliVity offers benefits like built-in deduplication, compression and replication, plus an all-inclusive pricing model.”
City of Brighton, Colorado
- Situation: Brighton is a Home Rule Municipality in Adams County, Colorado, with a population of more than 30,000. The City of Brighton required a refresh of its aging IT infrastructure that was experiencing performance issues, approaching capacity on its SAN and delivering poor recovery point and recovery time objectives with its incumbent backup solution.
- Solution: A three-node OmniCube federation running 50+ applications simultaneously.
- Benefits: After implementing SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure for its 14 TB of production data, Brighton was able to non-disruptively migrate its VMs and data within one week. The city immediately achieved a 36 percent capacity reduction and a 97 percent performance improvement. Brighton also improved recovery objectives: backing up full VMs every two hours, while saving 3.3PB of space.
- Quote: Jeromy King, assistant director of IT stated, “We believed that moving forward with a modern hyperconverged infrastructure solution was the right choice versus just adding more disk and not solving the true IT issue. And we received a big bonus in the native VM-level data protection in OmniCube. Now, we are in a much better position to add disaster recovery capabilities to our environment and deliver the service that we need to our customers.”
City of Mesquite, Colorado
- Situation: The city of Mesquite, Nevada is 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas and has a population of more than 15,000. The organization initially sought to do a capacity upgrade on the existing storage supporting its virtual workloads, which was approaching full capacity and nearing its refresh date.
- Solution: The municipality replaced most of its legacy infrastructure with a federation of two OmniCubes in the primary data center hosting 40+ applications, and one in its second site for disaster recovery.
- Benefits: The city of Mesquite realized value within one week with a performance improvement of up to 25 percent and a 50:1 capacity savings.
- Quote: “SimpliVity’s OmniCube is one of the most cost effective systems we have found since implementing VMware. There is more functionality in a single box than many solutions put in a complete rack,” said Dirk Marshall, IT manager at the City of Mesquite, Nevada.
City of O’Fallon, Missouri
- Situation: O’Fallon is a city in Saint Charles County, Missouri, with a population of more than 80,000. O’Fallon found the number of vendors it had to manage to be a burden, and the city also desired improvements in backup and disaster recovery.
- Solution: A federation of two OmniCubes in the primary data center and one in its second site for disaster recovery.
- Benefits: The city of O’Fallon saw rapid value with performance improvements of 50 to 75 percent and capacity savings of up to 100:1. It also realized deployment agility. SimpliVity enables workload deployment within one day versus deployment times of up to one week before SimpliVity.
- Quote: “We are very pleased about how well SimpliVity integrated into our vCenter, as well as with the compression ratio of our virtual machines stored on OmniCube,” said Jim Woerther, IT administrator, City of O’Fallon.
Town of Newington, Connecticut
- Situation: The Town of Newington, located just south of Hartford, Connecticut, provides 24/7/365 services for 21 different departments, including public safety. Legacy infrastructure consisted of six servers and six iSCSI SANs across two data centers. The town initially pursued upgrading its infrastructure with existing vendors.
- Solution: OmniCube federations in two data centers.
- Benefits: The town realized value within the first week, reducing its data center footprint, achieving greater data efficiency, improving performance and introducing massive savings in storage and capital.
- Quote: “One of the nice things we really liked about the SimpliVity solution was that all administration is done within VMware’s vCenter. The plug-in allowed us to not only view performance for each data center, but also allow us to view performance per virtual machine – a very nice, slick and clean interface,” said Paul G. Boutot, CIO for the Town of Newington.
Worcester County Sheriff’s Office, Massachusetts
- Situation: Worcester County Sheriff’s Department serves one of the largest counties in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and supports just over 500 staff and mission-critical applications, including Public Safety Jail Management Software. The legacy infrastructure comprised of 16 servers and multiple complex SANs, could not keep pace with demand or staffing resources.
- Solution: A federation of two OmniCubes in the primary data center running more than 40 applications, and one in its second site for disaster recovery.
- Benefits: The office improved overall capacity of user-heavy applications and allowed for improved speed and availability, while increasing productivity for staff.
- Quote: “We were really pleased with the improvements in backup and disaster recovery enabled by OmniCube’s integrated data protection. Our recovery time and recovery point objectives were reduced to minutes from hours to days for all applications, regardless of size. Now, I have peace of mind,” stated Maurice Myrie, CIO for the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office.
"We’re very pleased with our rapid customer expansion, and thrilled to see the results our customers are realizing using our data virtualization platform,” said Doron Kempel, chairman and CEO of SimpliVity. “Our proven ability to drive efficiency while drastically reducing data center complexity and costs is contributing to our rapid growth and our leadership position in the hyperconverged infrastructure market.”.
About SimpliVity Corporation
SimpliVity's revolutionary Data Virtualization Platform delivered on hyperconverged infrastructure is the first and only technology that comprehensively —and simply—addresses the performance and capacity challenges in today’s software-defined data centers. Ensuring performance, capacity, mobility, manageability and protection of data without driving up CAPEX and OPEX requires a new data architecture delivered on commodity x86 building blocks. SimpliVity takes a VM-centric approach, ensures adequate IOPS to fuel application requirements and drives dramatic efficiency resulting in a 300 percent TCO savings. Launched in 2013, SimpliVity is used by hundreds of enterprises and service providers worldwide, including Dairylea, T-Systems, University of Alberta School of Business and Wausau Coated. Headquartered in Massachusetts, SimpliVity's business model is 100 percent indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available through its network of worldwide resellers and distributors. For more information, contact us at +1 508-310-1032, firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.simplivity.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, will discuss how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust I...
Apr. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 685
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch of Docker's initial release in March of 2013, interest was revved up several notches. Then late last...
Apr. 1, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,312
The WebRTC Summit 2015 New York, to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 16th International Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit.
Apr. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,743
SYS-CON Events announced today that Litmus Automation will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Litmus Automation’s vision is to provide a solution for companies that are in a rush to embrace the disruptive Internet of Things technology and leverage it for real business challenges. Litmus Automation simplifies the complexity of connected devices applications with Loop, a secure and scalable cloud platform.
Apr. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 715
SOA Software has changed its name to Akana. With roots in Web Services and SOA Governance, Akana has established itself as a leader in API Management and is expanding into cloud integration as an alternative to the traditional heavyweight enterprise service bus (ESB). The company recently announced that it achieved more than 90% year-over-year growth. As Akana, the company now addresses the evolution and diversification of SOA, unifying security, management, and DevOps across SOA, APIs, microservices, and more.
Apr. 1, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,126
Wearable technology was dominant at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) , and MWC was no exception to this trend. New versions of favorites, such as the Samsung Gear (three new products were released: the Gear 2, the Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit), shared the limelight with new wearables like Pebble Time Steel (the new premium version of the company’s previously released smartwatch) and the LG Watch Urbane. The most dramatic difference at MWC was an emphasis on presenting wearables as fashion accessories and moving away from the original clunky technology associated with t...
Mar. 31, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,604
SYS-CON Events announced today that robomq.io will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. robomq.io is an interoperable and composable platform that connects any device to any application. It helps systems integrators and the solution providers build new and innovative products and service for industries requiring monitoring or intelligence from devices and sensors.
Mar. 31, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,604
After making a doctor’s appointment via your mobile device, you receive a calendar invite. The day of your appointment, you get a reminder with the doctor’s location and contact information. As you enter the doctor’s exam room, the medical team is equipped with the latest tablet containing your medical history – he or she makes real time updates to your medical file. At the end of your visit, you receive an electronic prescription to your preferred pharmacy and can schedule your next appointment.
Mar. 31, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,032
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between Personal and Professional Social, Mobile and Cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dr...
Mar. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,063
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of Cloud and Mobile Strategy at GENBAND, will explore what is needed to take a real time communications ...
Mar. 31, 2015 02:39 PM EDT Reads: 599
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on Twitter at @MicroservicesE
Mar. 31, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,577
SYS-CON Events announced today the IoT Bootcamp – Jumpstart Your IoT Strategy, being held June 9–10, 2015, in conjunction with 16th Cloud Expo and Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York City. This is your chance to jumpstart your IoT strategy. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but includes hands-on demos and walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of Do-It-Yourself IoT platforms including Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark and Intel Edison. You will also get an overview of cloud technologies s...
Mar. 31, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,255
The list of ‘new paradigm’ technologies that now surrounds us appears to be at an all time high. From cloud computing and Big Data analytics to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT), today we have to deal with what the industry likes to call ‘paradigm shifts’ at every level of IT. This is disruption; of course, we understand that – change is almost always disruptive.
Mar. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,202
SYS-CON Events announced today that SafeLogic has been named “Bag Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. SafeLogic provides security products for applications in mobile and server/appliance environments. SafeLogic’s flagship product CryptoComply is a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic engine designed to secure data on servers, workstations, appliances, mobile devices, and in the Cloud.
Mar. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,561
GENBAND has announced that SageNet is leveraging the Nuvia platform to deliver Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) to its large base of retail and enterprise customers. Nuvia’s cloud-based solution provides SageNet’s customers with a full suite of business communications and collaboration tools. Two large national SageNet retail customers have recently signed up to deploy the Nuvia platform and the company will continue to sell the service to new and existing customers. Nuvia’s capabilities include HD voice, video, multimedia messaging, mobility, conferencing, Web collaboration, deskt...
Mar. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,535
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Mar. 29, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,888
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cisco, the worldwide leader in IT that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cisco makes amazing things happen by connecting the unconnected. Cisco has shaped the future of the Internet by becoming the worldwide leader in transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco and our partners are building the platform for the Internet of Everything by connecting the...
Mar. 29, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,298
Temasys has announced senior management additions to its team. Joining are David Holloway as Vice President of Commercial and Nadine Yap as Vice President of Product. Over the past 12 months Temasys has doubled in size as it adds new customers and expands the development of its Skylink platform. Skylink leads the charge to move WebRTC, traditionally seen as a desktop, browser based technology, to become a ubiquitous web communications technology on web and mobile, as well as Internet of Things compatible devices.
Mar. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,901
Docker is an excellent platform for organizations interested in running microservices. It offers portability and consistency between development and production environments, quick provisioning times, and a simple way to isolate services. In his session at DevOps Summit at 16th Cloud Expo, Shannon Williams, co-founder of Rancher Labs, will walk through these and other benefits of using Docker to run microservices, and provide an overview of RancherOS, a minimalist distribution of Linux designed expressly to run Docker. He will also discuss Rancher, an orchestration and service discovery platf...
Mar. 29, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,482
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes for use cases across the industrial, enterprise, and consumer segments.
Mar. 29, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,243