|By Business Wire||
|August 18, 2014 10:45 AM EDT||
Technology is a key component in enabling law firms to maintain efficient workflows. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will demonstrate at the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Conference, a selection of its diverse input-to-output technologies that can help law firms improve productivity resulting in time and cost savings for the firm. Canon’s Scan to Worldox solution, recognized for Outstanding Achievement in Innovation by BLI for the Summer 2014 awards, along with a selection of its hardware, software and services will be on display from August 17-21, in Nashville, Tenn., at booth # 707-709.
A highlight in the booth is the Scan to Worldox solution, a server-less, embedded MEAP application that when combined with compatible Canon MFPs can benefit customers in helping to reduce costs and help with security by providing control over access to important legal documents. Designed to mirror the Worldox desktop, Scan to Worldox helps to streamline workflows by providing legal professionals a convenient way to easily profile, scan and route hard copy documents into user relevant Worldox document matter repositories directly from a compatible Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFP.
This seamless integration with Worldox and server-less design helped the solution garner an Outstanding Achievement in Innovation award from the editors at Buyers Lab, LLC (BLI). “Canon Scan to Worldox is exceedingly easy to learn and use, and should prove an enormous time-saver for legal professionals,” said BLI Senior Editor Jamie Bsales. “Unlike generic connectors, Scan to Worldox minimizes the time users need to spend at the MFP by giving them real-time access to the client matters in Worldox that they use most, and by pre-populating index fields at the MFP wherever possible.”
According to the 2013 ILTA1 Technology Survey, 47 percent of respondents indicated email management, specifically the mailbox size, is a challenge in their workflow. Users scanning documents to email and then routing at their desktop can be a common contributor to ‘email bloat’ that can exponentially compound storage requirements and risk exposure as documents are disseminated via the same ‘share-by-email’ channel.
Scan to Worldox helps alleviate the email size issue while simultaneously allowing firms to apply security and compliance features to paper materials by providing users a simple to learn and easy to use process for scanning directly into their matters folders using familiar Worldox Favorite Matters, Quick Profiles, Workspaces and Bookmarks.
At the show, Canon will be featuring technology and solutions that legal organizations can leverage to help alleviate some challenges associated with document management for legal professionals.
- The 2013 ILTA Technology Survey1, which represents more than 88,000 attorneys and more than 189,000 total users, shows Canon is the predominate brand of photocopier used in law firms in the United States today. Canon will be showcasing the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF/C250iF models. Designed for busy workgroups that demand connected workflows in a compact space, these models provide seamlessly integrated processes and a streamlined user experience in a letter/legal size A4 MFP that delivers color output. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF/C250iF models provide large enterprise and Managed Document Services customers with highly consistent usability and a solutions platform across a more complete Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE lineup. Smaller businesses can also benefit from the advanced features and capabilities of the new models. This platform is designed to be the core of digital business communications where imaging technology, cloud connectivity, and mobile solutions can seamlessly converge.
- Law firms, legal departments and legal professionals are becoming increasingly mobile which is shaping the future technology needs of law firms. Canon addresses this increased emphasis on mobile print technology through the imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, which delivers easy, efficient workflow and connectivity to select mobile devices and cloud-based tools and solutions2. Canon also offers mobile connectivity through the free Canon Mobile Print application3, which allows legal professionals in corporate or small office environments to easily print case documents from their select mobile device to a compatible Canon printer.
- For firms looking for security features and control over device usage and printed output, Canon’s uniFLOW software can provide a comprehensive solution – from desktop printers through CRD and print room device management. uniFLOW provides law firms with insight into their printing and scanning activity, enabling jobs to be attributed to an unlimited number of client cost centers. uniFLOW Follow Me Secure Printing and Mobile Printing can help attorneys and staff drive productivity throughout the firm, while helping to maintain the security of documents. uniFLOW Scanning enables key documents to be streamlined into various leading document and case management solutions, including HP Worksite, OpenText Content Server, IBM FileNet Content Manager, Microsoft SharePoint, and various leading cloud document storage solutions.
- Combining Canon’s MFP technology with its imageFORMULA desktop scanners, legal professionals can create a workflow that helps firms become more efficient, productive, manage costs and support the move to mobility and the cloud. The imageFORMULA ScanFront 330 Networked Document Scanner is an outstanding solution for capturing legal document information in networked distributed environments, and can help improve collaboration by allowing law firm and legal department users to share information from central or field locations..
- To help firms improve collaboration is Canon’s space-saving imageFORMULA DR-C225 scanner, in conjunction with Capture Components ccScanTM software. They can be used together for scanning and importing documents to select cloud-based CRM, content management and file sharing systems, improving information distribution and collaboration.
- On average, firms manage thousands of legal briefs every month and many times need immediate access to upload documents to various court systems across the country. The P-208 Scan-tini scanner features a sleek, lightweight design ideal for portable use and its "Plug-and-Scan" capability is excellent in courtroom situations for on-the-go scanning without installing device drivers or software applications. When connected to Canon’s WU10 Wireless Adapter & Battery Pack* the P-208 Scan-tini can work wirelessly, and can send files to select smartphones and tablets through the free Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app.**
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop can help law firms streamline the process of case preparation. This user-friendly desktop application enables law firms and law offices to import and combine documents from multiple different file formats, edit the document, add Bates Numbering, set the print settings, and output the document. imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop features an integration with the Worldox GX3 document management system, enabling Worldox users to combine multiple documents stored within their Worldox GX3 repository to create a combined case file. Also, when saving documents within imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop, this integration prompts the user to provide client, matter and other relevant indexing information to make the document easier to find within the Worldox GX3 document management system.
“Partnering with Canon, we implemented a managed output and workflow solution consisting of imageRUNNER and imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices, imageFORMULA high-speed production scanners and uniFLOW – Canon’s output management solution,” said Craig Wilson from Winthrop & Weinstine. “Canon was able to provide a seamless solution that enabled us to attribute document costs to each client for cost recovery, as well as provide a means to facilitate our need for secure document distribution by email and fax.”
For additional information on any of the Canon products or solutions to be featured at the ILTA conference, visit www.usa.canon.com/advancedsolutionsforlegal.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 According to the 2013 ILTA Technology Survey.
2 You must have a third party cloud based solution to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof are based on the third parties current offerings and are at their discretion. Your third party cloud account is subject to said parties terms and conditions, which is subject to change at the third parties discretion.
3 Compatible with iOS, AndroidTM, and Windows RT phone.
* WU10 Wireless Adapter & Battery Pack is sold separately.
**Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile is available from App Store or Google Store.
Availability, prices, and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 29, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,003
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:23 PM EDT Reads: 228
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 346
"We work in the area of Big Data analytics and Big Data analytics is a very crowded space - you have Hadoop, ETL, warehousing, visualization and there's a lot of effort trying to get these tools to talk to each other," explained Mukund Deshpande, head of the Analytics practice at Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 333
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a Big Data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial IoT sector. The problem Big Data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Scott Allen, CMO of FreeWave, discussed how as IoT is increasingly adopted by industrial markets, there is going to be an increased demand for sensor data from the outermos...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 289
UAS, drones or unmanned aircraft, no matter what you call them — this was their week. Our news stream was flooded with updates on the newly announced rules and regulations for commercial UAS from the FAA. So, naturally we have dedicated this week’s top news round up to highlight some of our favorite UAS stories.
Jun. 29, 2016 03:02 PM EDT Reads: 195
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 298
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 340
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 628
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jun. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 300
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 537
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 573
Apixio Inc. has raised $19.3 million in Series D venture capital funding led by SSM Partners with participation from First Analysis, Bain Capital Ventures and Apixio’s largest angel investor. Apixio will dedicate the proceeds toward advancing and scaling products powered by its cognitive computing platform, further enabling insights for optimal patient care. The Series D funding comes as Apixio experiences strong momentum and increasing demand for its HCC Profiler solution, which mines unstruc...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 492
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 441
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 29, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 552
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 489
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,284
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,249
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 928
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 29, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,449