|By Business Wire||
|August 18, 2014 10:45 AM EDT||
Technology is a key component in enabling law firms to maintain efficient workflows. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will demonstrate at the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Conference, a selection of its diverse input-to-output technologies that can help law firms improve productivity resulting in time and cost savings for the firm. Canon’s Scan to Worldox solution, recognized for Outstanding Achievement in Innovation by BLI for the Summer 2014 awards, along with a selection of its hardware, software and services will be on display from August 17-21, in Nashville, Tenn., at booth # 707-709.
A highlight in the booth is the Scan to Worldox solution, a server-less, embedded MEAP application that when combined with compatible Canon MFPs can benefit customers in helping to reduce costs and help with security by providing control over access to important legal documents. Designed to mirror the Worldox desktop, Scan to Worldox helps to streamline workflows by providing legal professionals a convenient way to easily profile, scan and route hard copy documents into user relevant Worldox document matter repositories directly from a compatible Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFP.
This seamless integration with Worldox and server-less design helped the solution garner an Outstanding Achievement in Innovation award from the editors at Buyers Lab, LLC (BLI). “Canon Scan to Worldox is exceedingly easy to learn and use, and should prove an enormous time-saver for legal professionals,” said BLI Senior Editor Jamie Bsales. “Unlike generic connectors, Scan to Worldox minimizes the time users need to spend at the MFP by giving them real-time access to the client matters in Worldox that they use most, and by pre-populating index fields at the MFP wherever possible.”
According to the 2013 ILTA1 Technology Survey, 47 percent of respondents indicated email management, specifically the mailbox size, is a challenge in their workflow. Users scanning documents to email and then routing at their desktop can be a common contributor to ‘email bloat’ that can exponentially compound storage requirements and risk exposure as documents are disseminated via the same ‘share-by-email’ channel.
Scan to Worldox helps alleviate the email size issue while simultaneously allowing firms to apply security and compliance features to paper materials by providing users a simple to learn and easy to use process for scanning directly into their matters folders using familiar Worldox Favorite Matters, Quick Profiles, Workspaces and Bookmarks.
At the show, Canon will be featuring technology and solutions that legal organizations can leverage to help alleviate some challenges associated with document management for legal professionals.
- The 2013 ILTA Technology Survey1, which represents more than 88,000 attorneys and more than 189,000 total users, shows Canon is the predominate brand of photocopier used in law firms in the United States today. Canon will be showcasing the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF/C250iF models. Designed for busy workgroups that demand connected workflows in a compact space, these models provide seamlessly integrated processes and a streamlined user experience in a letter/legal size A4 MFP that delivers color output. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF/C250iF models provide large enterprise and Managed Document Services customers with highly consistent usability and a solutions platform across a more complete Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE lineup. Smaller businesses can also benefit from the advanced features and capabilities of the new models. This platform is designed to be the core of digital business communications where imaging technology, cloud connectivity, and mobile solutions can seamlessly converge.
- Law firms, legal departments and legal professionals are becoming increasingly mobile which is shaping the future technology needs of law firms. Canon addresses this increased emphasis on mobile print technology through the imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, which delivers easy, efficient workflow and connectivity to select mobile devices and cloud-based tools and solutions2. Canon also offers mobile connectivity through the free Canon Mobile Print application3, which allows legal professionals in corporate or small office environments to easily print case documents from their select mobile device to a compatible Canon printer.
- For firms looking for security features and control over device usage and printed output, Canon’s uniFLOW software can provide a comprehensive solution – from desktop printers through CRD and print room device management. uniFLOW provides law firms with insight into their printing and scanning activity, enabling jobs to be attributed to an unlimited number of client cost centers. uniFLOW Follow Me Secure Printing and Mobile Printing can help attorneys and staff drive productivity throughout the firm, while helping to maintain the security of documents. uniFLOW Scanning enables key documents to be streamlined into various leading document and case management solutions, including HP Worksite, OpenText Content Server, IBM FileNet Content Manager, Microsoft SharePoint, and various leading cloud document storage solutions.
- Combining Canon’s MFP technology with its imageFORMULA desktop scanners, legal professionals can create a workflow that helps firms become more efficient, productive, manage costs and support the move to mobility and the cloud. The imageFORMULA ScanFront 330 Networked Document Scanner is an outstanding solution for capturing legal document information in networked distributed environments, and can help improve collaboration by allowing law firm and legal department users to share information from central or field locations..
- To help firms improve collaboration is Canon’s space-saving imageFORMULA DR-C225 scanner, in conjunction with Capture Components ccScanTM software. They can be used together for scanning and importing documents to select cloud-based CRM, content management and file sharing systems, improving information distribution and collaboration.
- On average, firms manage thousands of legal briefs every month and many times need immediate access to upload documents to various court systems across the country. The P-208 Scan-tini scanner features a sleek, lightweight design ideal for portable use and its "Plug-and-Scan" capability is excellent in courtroom situations for on-the-go scanning without installing device drivers or software applications. When connected to Canon’s WU10 Wireless Adapter & Battery Pack* the P-208 Scan-tini can work wirelessly, and can send files to select smartphones and tablets through the free Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app.**
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop can help law firms streamline the process of case preparation. This user-friendly desktop application enables law firms and law offices to import and combine documents from multiple different file formats, edit the document, add Bates Numbering, set the print settings, and output the document. imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop features an integration with the Worldox GX3 document management system, enabling Worldox users to combine multiple documents stored within their Worldox GX3 repository to create a combined case file. Also, when saving documents within imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop, this integration prompts the user to provide client, matter and other relevant indexing information to make the document easier to find within the Worldox GX3 document management system.
“Partnering with Canon, we implemented a managed output and workflow solution consisting of imageRUNNER and imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices, imageFORMULA high-speed production scanners and uniFLOW – Canon’s output management solution,” said Craig Wilson from Winthrop & Weinstine. “Canon was able to provide a seamless solution that enabled us to attribute document costs to each client for cost recovery, as well as provide a means to facilitate our need for secure document distribution by email and fax.”
For additional information on any of the Canon products or solutions to be featured at the ILTA conference, visit www.usa.canon.com/advancedsolutionsforlegal.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 According to the 2013 ILTA Technology Survey.
2 You must have a third party cloud based solution to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof are based on the third parties current offerings and are at their discretion. Your third party cloud account is subject to said parties terms and conditions, which is subject to change at the third parties discretion.
3 Compatible with iOS, AndroidTM, and Windows RT phone.
* WU10 Wireless Adapter & Battery Pack is sold separately.
**Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile is available from App Store or Google Store.
Availability, prices, and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Nov. 23, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,861
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 23, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,872
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Nov. 23, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,745
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from hardware to software, or as we like to say, it’s an Internet of many different things. The difference ...
Nov. 22, 2014 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,609
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,900
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,653
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and assessments, including a decade of leading incident response and digital forensics. He is co-author of t...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,489
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
Nov. 21, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,650
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the real benefits to focus on, how to understand the requirements of a successful solution, the flow of ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,652
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,556
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,519
Focused on this fast-growing market’s needs, Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of IC solutions to advance "Ethernet Everywhere" in Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) networks, introduced its IStaX™ software (VSC6815SDK), a robust protocol stack to simplify deployment and management of Industrial-IoT network applications such as Industrial Ethernet switching, surveillance, video distribution, LCD signage, intelligent sensors, and metering equipment. Leveraging technologies proven in the Carrier and Enterprise markets, IStaX is designed to work ac...
Nov. 20, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,577
C-Labs LLC, a leading provider of remote and mobile access for the Internet of Things (IoT), announced the appointment of John Traynor to the position of chief operating officer. Previously a strategic advisor to the firm, Mr. Traynor will now oversee sales, marketing, finance, and operations. Mr. Traynor is based out of the C-Labs office in Redmond, Washington. He reports to Chris Muench, Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Traynor brings valuable business leadership and technology industry expertise to C-Labs. With over 30 years' experience in the high-tech sector, John Traynor has held numerous...
Nov. 20, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,475
Bit6 today issued a challenge to the technology community implementing Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC). To leap beyond WebRTC’s significant limitations and fully leverage its underlying value to accelerate innovation, application developers need to consider the entire communications ecosystem.
Nov. 20, 2014 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,296
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades.
Nov. 20, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,945
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Nov. 20, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,112
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Nov. 18, 2014 09:00 PM EST Reads: 2,390
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Nov. 18, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,768
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
Nov. 18, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,261
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world. The next @ThingsExpo will take place November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, in Santa Clara, California. Since its launch in 2008, Cloud Expo TV commercials have been aired and CNBC, Fox News Network, and Bloomberg TV. Please enjoy our 2014 commercial.
Nov. 13, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,695