|By Business Wire||
|August 18, 2014 10:45 AM EDT||
Technology is a key component in enabling law firms to maintain efficient workflows. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will demonstrate at the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Conference, a selection of its diverse input-to-output technologies that can help law firms improve productivity resulting in time and cost savings for the firm. Canon’s Scan to Worldox solution, recognized for Outstanding Achievement in Innovation by BLI for the Summer 2014 awards, along with a selection of its hardware, software and services will be on display from August 17-21, in Nashville, Tenn., at booth # 707-709.
A highlight in the booth is the Scan to Worldox solution, a server-less, embedded MEAP application that when combined with compatible Canon MFPs can benefit customers in helping to reduce costs and help with security by providing control over access to important legal documents. Designed to mirror the Worldox desktop, Scan to Worldox helps to streamline workflows by providing legal professionals a convenient way to easily profile, scan and route hard copy documents into user relevant Worldox document matter repositories directly from a compatible Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFP.
This seamless integration with Worldox and server-less design helped the solution garner an Outstanding Achievement in Innovation award from the editors at Buyers Lab, LLC (BLI). “Canon Scan to Worldox is exceedingly easy to learn and use, and should prove an enormous time-saver for legal professionals,” said BLI Senior Editor Jamie Bsales. “Unlike generic connectors, Scan to Worldox minimizes the time users need to spend at the MFP by giving them real-time access to the client matters in Worldox that they use most, and by pre-populating index fields at the MFP wherever possible.”
According to the 2013 ILTA1 Technology Survey, 47 percent of respondents indicated email management, specifically the mailbox size, is a challenge in their workflow. Users scanning documents to email and then routing at their desktop can be a common contributor to ‘email bloat’ that can exponentially compound storage requirements and risk exposure as documents are disseminated via the same ‘share-by-email’ channel.
Scan to Worldox helps alleviate the email size issue while simultaneously allowing firms to apply security and compliance features to paper materials by providing users a simple to learn and easy to use process for scanning directly into their matters folders using familiar Worldox Favorite Matters, Quick Profiles, Workspaces and Bookmarks.
At the show, Canon will be featuring technology and solutions that legal organizations can leverage to help alleviate some challenges associated with document management for legal professionals.
- The 2013 ILTA Technology Survey1, which represents more than 88,000 attorneys and more than 189,000 total users, shows Canon is the predominate brand of photocopier used in law firms in the United States today. Canon will be showcasing the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF/C250iF models. Designed for busy workgroups that demand connected workflows in a compact space, these models provide seamlessly integrated processes and a streamlined user experience in a letter/legal size A4 MFP that delivers color output. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF/C250iF models provide large enterprise and Managed Document Services customers with highly consistent usability and a solutions platform across a more complete Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE lineup. Smaller businesses can also benefit from the advanced features and capabilities of the new models. This platform is designed to be the core of digital business communications where imaging technology, cloud connectivity, and mobile solutions can seamlessly converge.
- Law firms, legal departments and legal professionals are becoming increasingly mobile which is shaping the future technology needs of law firms. Canon addresses this increased emphasis on mobile print technology through the imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, which delivers easy, efficient workflow and connectivity to select mobile devices and cloud-based tools and solutions2. Canon also offers mobile connectivity through the free Canon Mobile Print application3, which allows legal professionals in corporate or small office environments to easily print case documents from their select mobile device to a compatible Canon printer.
- For firms looking for security features and control over device usage and printed output, Canon’s uniFLOW software can provide a comprehensive solution – from desktop printers through CRD and print room device management. uniFLOW provides law firms with insight into their printing and scanning activity, enabling jobs to be attributed to an unlimited number of client cost centers. uniFLOW Follow Me Secure Printing and Mobile Printing can help attorneys and staff drive productivity throughout the firm, while helping to maintain the security of documents. uniFLOW Scanning enables key documents to be streamlined into various leading document and case management solutions, including HP Worksite, OpenText Content Server, IBM FileNet Content Manager, Microsoft SharePoint, and various leading cloud document storage solutions.
- Combining Canon’s MFP technology with its imageFORMULA desktop scanners, legal professionals can create a workflow that helps firms become more efficient, productive, manage costs and support the move to mobility and the cloud. The imageFORMULA ScanFront 330 Networked Document Scanner is an outstanding solution for capturing legal document information in networked distributed environments, and can help improve collaboration by allowing law firm and legal department users to share information from central or field locations..
- To help firms improve collaboration is Canon’s space-saving imageFORMULA DR-C225 scanner, in conjunction with Capture Components ccScanTM software. They can be used together for scanning and importing documents to select cloud-based CRM, content management and file sharing systems, improving information distribution and collaboration.
- On average, firms manage thousands of legal briefs every month and many times need immediate access to upload documents to various court systems across the country. The P-208 Scan-tini scanner features a sleek, lightweight design ideal for portable use and its "Plug-and-Scan" capability is excellent in courtroom situations for on-the-go scanning without installing device drivers or software applications. When connected to Canon’s WU10 Wireless Adapter & Battery Pack* the P-208 Scan-tini can work wirelessly, and can send files to select smartphones and tablets through the free Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app.**
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop can help law firms streamline the process of case preparation. This user-friendly desktop application enables law firms and law offices to import and combine documents from multiple different file formats, edit the document, add Bates Numbering, set the print settings, and output the document. imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop features an integration with the Worldox GX3 document management system, enabling Worldox users to combine multiple documents stored within their Worldox GX3 repository to create a combined case file. Also, when saving documents within imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop, this integration prompts the user to provide client, matter and other relevant indexing information to make the document easier to find within the Worldox GX3 document management system.
“Partnering with Canon, we implemented a managed output and workflow solution consisting of imageRUNNER and imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices, imageFORMULA high-speed production scanners and uniFLOW – Canon’s output management solution,” said Craig Wilson from Winthrop & Weinstine. “Canon was able to provide a seamless solution that enabled us to attribute document costs to each client for cost recovery, as well as provide a means to facilitate our need for secure document distribution by email and fax.”
For additional information on any of the Canon products or solutions to be featured at the ILTA conference, visit www.usa.canon.com/advancedsolutionsforlegal.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 According to the 2013 ILTA Technology Survey.
2 You must have a third party cloud based solution to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof are based on the third parties current offerings and are at their discretion. Your third party cloud account is subject to said parties terms and conditions, which is subject to change at the third parties discretion.
3 Compatible with iOS, AndroidTM, and Windows RT phone.
* WU10 Wireless Adapter & Battery Pack is sold separately.
**Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile is available from App Store or Google Store.
Availability, prices, and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 221
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,370
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,751
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 217
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,156
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 407
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,026
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,038
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,018
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 307
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,890
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,556
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,139
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 378
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,938
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 442
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,518
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,480
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Jul. 24, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,043