|By Business Wire||
|August 18, 2014 10:45 AM EDT||
Technology is a key component in enabling law firms to maintain efficient workflows. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will demonstrate at the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Conference, a selection of its diverse input-to-output technologies that can help law firms improve productivity resulting in time and cost savings for the firm. Canon’s Scan to Worldox solution, recognized for Outstanding Achievement in Innovation by BLI for the Summer 2014 awards, along with a selection of its hardware, software and services will be on display from August 17-21, in Nashville, Tenn., at booth # 707-709.
A highlight in the booth is the Scan to Worldox solution, a server-less, embedded MEAP application that when combined with compatible Canon MFPs can benefit customers in helping to reduce costs and help with security by providing control over access to important legal documents. Designed to mirror the Worldox desktop, Scan to Worldox helps to streamline workflows by providing legal professionals a convenient way to easily profile, scan and route hard copy documents into user relevant Worldox document matter repositories directly from a compatible Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFP.
This seamless integration with Worldox and server-less design helped the solution garner an Outstanding Achievement in Innovation award from the editors at Buyers Lab, LLC (BLI). “Canon Scan to Worldox is exceedingly easy to learn and use, and should prove an enormous time-saver for legal professionals,” said BLI Senior Editor Jamie Bsales. “Unlike generic connectors, Scan to Worldox minimizes the time users need to spend at the MFP by giving them real-time access to the client matters in Worldox that they use most, and by pre-populating index fields at the MFP wherever possible.”
According to the 2013 ILTA1 Technology Survey, 47 percent of respondents indicated email management, specifically the mailbox size, is a challenge in their workflow. Users scanning documents to email and then routing at their desktop can be a common contributor to ‘email bloat’ that can exponentially compound storage requirements and risk exposure as documents are disseminated via the same ‘share-by-email’ channel.
Scan to Worldox helps alleviate the email size issue while simultaneously allowing firms to apply security and compliance features to paper materials by providing users a simple to learn and easy to use process for scanning directly into their matters folders using familiar Worldox Favorite Matters, Quick Profiles, Workspaces and Bookmarks.
At the show, Canon will be featuring technology and solutions that legal organizations can leverage to help alleviate some challenges associated with document management for legal professionals.
- The 2013 ILTA Technology Survey1, which represents more than 88,000 attorneys and more than 189,000 total users, shows Canon is the predominate brand of photocopier used in law firms in the United States today. Canon will be showcasing the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF/C250iF models. Designed for busy workgroups that demand connected workflows in a compact space, these models provide seamlessly integrated processes and a streamlined user experience in a letter/legal size A4 MFP that delivers color output. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF/C250iF models provide large enterprise and Managed Document Services customers with highly consistent usability and a solutions platform across a more complete Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE lineup. Smaller businesses can also benefit from the advanced features and capabilities of the new models. This platform is designed to be the core of digital business communications where imaging technology, cloud connectivity, and mobile solutions can seamlessly converge.
- Law firms, legal departments and legal professionals are becoming increasingly mobile which is shaping the future technology needs of law firms. Canon addresses this increased emphasis on mobile print technology through the imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, which delivers easy, efficient workflow and connectivity to select mobile devices and cloud-based tools and solutions2. Canon also offers mobile connectivity through the free Canon Mobile Print application3, which allows legal professionals in corporate or small office environments to easily print case documents from their select mobile device to a compatible Canon printer.
- For firms looking for security features and control over device usage and printed output, Canon’s uniFLOW software can provide a comprehensive solution – from desktop printers through CRD and print room device management. uniFLOW provides law firms with insight into their printing and scanning activity, enabling jobs to be attributed to an unlimited number of client cost centers. uniFLOW Follow Me Secure Printing and Mobile Printing can help attorneys and staff drive productivity throughout the firm, while helping to maintain the security of documents. uniFLOW Scanning enables key documents to be streamlined into various leading document and case management solutions, including HP Worksite, OpenText Content Server, IBM FileNet Content Manager, Microsoft SharePoint, and various leading cloud document storage solutions.
- Combining Canon’s MFP technology with its imageFORMULA desktop scanners, legal professionals can create a workflow that helps firms become more efficient, productive, manage costs and support the move to mobility and the cloud. The imageFORMULA ScanFront 330 Networked Document Scanner is an outstanding solution for capturing legal document information in networked distributed environments, and can help improve collaboration by allowing law firm and legal department users to share information from central or field locations..
- To help firms improve collaboration is Canon’s space-saving imageFORMULA DR-C225 scanner, in conjunction with Capture Components ccScanTM software. They can be used together for scanning and importing documents to select cloud-based CRM, content management and file sharing systems, improving information distribution and collaboration.
- On average, firms manage thousands of legal briefs every month and many times need immediate access to upload documents to various court systems across the country. The P-208 Scan-tini scanner features a sleek, lightweight design ideal for portable use and its "Plug-and-Scan" capability is excellent in courtroom situations for on-the-go scanning without installing device drivers or software applications. When connected to Canon’s WU10 Wireless Adapter & Battery Pack* the P-208 Scan-tini can work wirelessly, and can send files to select smartphones and tablets through the free Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app.**
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop can help law firms streamline the process of case preparation. This user-friendly desktop application enables law firms and law offices to import and combine documents from multiple different file formats, edit the document, add Bates Numbering, set the print settings, and output the document. imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop features an integration with the Worldox GX3 document management system, enabling Worldox users to combine multiple documents stored within their Worldox GX3 repository to create a combined case file. Also, when saving documents within imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop, this integration prompts the user to provide client, matter and other relevant indexing information to make the document easier to find within the Worldox GX3 document management system.
“Partnering with Canon, we implemented a managed output and workflow solution consisting of imageRUNNER and imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices, imageFORMULA high-speed production scanners and uniFLOW – Canon’s output management solution,” said Craig Wilson from Winthrop & Weinstine. “Canon was able to provide a seamless solution that enabled us to attribute document costs to each client for cost recovery, as well as provide a means to facilitate our need for secure document distribution by email and fax.”
For additional information on any of the Canon products or solutions to be featured at the ILTA conference, visit www.usa.canon.com/advancedsolutionsforlegal.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 According to the 2013 ILTA Technology Survey.
2 You must have a third party cloud based solution to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof are based on the third parties current offerings and are at their discretion. Your third party cloud account is subject to said parties terms and conditions, which is subject to change at the third parties discretion.
3 Compatible with iOS, AndroidTM, and Windows RT phone.
* WU10 Wireless Adapter & Battery Pack is sold separately.
**Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile is available from App Store or Google Store.
Availability, prices, and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
Apr. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,459
Apr. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,717
Apr. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,604
Apr. 28, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,352
Apr. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,542
Apr. 28, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,073
Apr. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,488
Apr. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,441
Apr. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,590
Apr. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 523
Apr. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,162
Apr. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,384
Apr. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 521
Apr. 28, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 927
Apr. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 704
Apr. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 666
Apr. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,494
Apr. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 517
Apr. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 940
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
Apr. 28, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 782