|By Business Wire||
|August 18, 2014 10:45 AM EDT||
Technology is a key component in enabling law firms to maintain efficient workflows. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will demonstrate at the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Conference, a selection of its diverse input-to-output technologies that can help law firms improve productivity resulting in time and cost savings for the firm. Canon’s Scan to Worldox solution, recognized for Outstanding Achievement in Innovation by BLI for the Summer 2014 awards, along with a selection of its hardware, software and services will be on display from August 17-21, in Nashville, Tenn., at booth # 707-709.
A highlight in the booth is the Scan to Worldox solution, a server-less, embedded MEAP application that when combined with compatible Canon MFPs can benefit customers in helping to reduce costs and help with security by providing control over access to important legal documents. Designed to mirror the Worldox desktop, Scan to Worldox helps to streamline workflows by providing legal professionals a convenient way to easily profile, scan and route hard copy documents into user relevant Worldox document matter repositories directly from a compatible Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFP.
This seamless integration with Worldox and server-less design helped the solution garner an Outstanding Achievement in Innovation award from the editors at Buyers Lab, LLC (BLI). “Canon Scan to Worldox is exceedingly easy to learn and use, and should prove an enormous time-saver for legal professionals,” said BLI Senior Editor Jamie Bsales. “Unlike generic connectors, Scan to Worldox minimizes the time users need to spend at the MFP by giving them real-time access to the client matters in Worldox that they use most, and by pre-populating index fields at the MFP wherever possible.”
According to the 2013 ILTA1 Technology Survey, 47 percent of respondents indicated email management, specifically the mailbox size, is a challenge in their workflow. Users scanning documents to email and then routing at their desktop can be a common contributor to ‘email bloat’ that can exponentially compound storage requirements and risk exposure as documents are disseminated via the same ‘share-by-email’ channel.
Scan to Worldox helps alleviate the email size issue while simultaneously allowing firms to apply security and compliance features to paper materials by providing users a simple to learn and easy to use process for scanning directly into their matters folders using familiar Worldox Favorite Matters, Quick Profiles, Workspaces and Bookmarks.
At the show, Canon will be featuring technology and solutions that legal organizations can leverage to help alleviate some challenges associated with document management for legal professionals.
- The 2013 ILTA Technology Survey1, which represents more than 88,000 attorneys and more than 189,000 total users, shows Canon is the predominate brand of photocopier used in law firms in the United States today. Canon will be showcasing the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF/C250iF models. Designed for busy workgroups that demand connected workflows in a compact space, these models provide seamlessly integrated processes and a streamlined user experience in a letter/legal size A4 MFP that delivers color output. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF/C250iF models provide large enterprise and Managed Document Services customers with highly consistent usability and a solutions platform across a more complete Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE lineup. Smaller businesses can also benefit from the advanced features and capabilities of the new models. This platform is designed to be the core of digital business communications where imaging technology, cloud connectivity, and mobile solutions can seamlessly converge.
- Law firms, legal departments and legal professionals are becoming increasingly mobile which is shaping the future technology needs of law firms. Canon addresses this increased emphasis on mobile print technology through the imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, which delivers easy, efficient workflow and connectivity to select mobile devices and cloud-based tools and solutions2. Canon also offers mobile connectivity through the free Canon Mobile Print application3, which allows legal professionals in corporate or small office environments to easily print case documents from their select mobile device to a compatible Canon printer.
- For firms looking for security features and control over device usage and printed output, Canon’s uniFLOW software can provide a comprehensive solution – from desktop printers through CRD and print room device management. uniFLOW provides law firms with insight into their printing and scanning activity, enabling jobs to be attributed to an unlimited number of client cost centers. uniFLOW Follow Me Secure Printing and Mobile Printing can help attorneys and staff drive productivity throughout the firm, while helping to maintain the security of documents. uniFLOW Scanning enables key documents to be streamlined into various leading document and case management solutions, including HP Worksite, OpenText Content Server, IBM FileNet Content Manager, Microsoft SharePoint, and various leading cloud document storage solutions.
- Combining Canon’s MFP technology with its imageFORMULA desktop scanners, legal professionals can create a workflow that helps firms become more efficient, productive, manage costs and support the move to mobility and the cloud. The imageFORMULA ScanFront 330 Networked Document Scanner is an outstanding solution for capturing legal document information in networked distributed environments, and can help improve collaboration by allowing law firm and legal department users to share information from central or field locations..
- To help firms improve collaboration is Canon’s space-saving imageFORMULA DR-C225 scanner, in conjunction with Capture Components ccScanTM software. They can be used together for scanning and importing documents to select cloud-based CRM, content management and file sharing systems, improving information distribution and collaboration.
- On average, firms manage thousands of legal briefs every month and many times need immediate access to upload documents to various court systems across the country. The P-208 Scan-tini scanner features a sleek, lightweight design ideal for portable use and its "Plug-and-Scan" capability is excellent in courtroom situations for on-the-go scanning without installing device drivers or software applications. When connected to Canon’s WU10 Wireless Adapter & Battery Pack* the P-208 Scan-tini can work wirelessly, and can send files to select smartphones and tablets through the free Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app.**
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop can help law firms streamline the process of case preparation. This user-friendly desktop application enables law firms and law offices to import and combine documents from multiple different file formats, edit the document, add Bates Numbering, set the print settings, and output the document. imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop features an integration with the Worldox GX3 document management system, enabling Worldox users to combine multiple documents stored within their Worldox GX3 repository to create a combined case file. Also, when saving documents within imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop, this integration prompts the user to provide client, matter and other relevant indexing information to make the document easier to find within the Worldox GX3 document management system.
“Partnering with Canon, we implemented a managed output and workflow solution consisting of imageRUNNER and imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices, imageFORMULA high-speed production scanners and uniFLOW – Canon’s output management solution,” said Craig Wilson from Winthrop & Weinstine. “Canon was able to provide a seamless solution that enabled us to attribute document costs to each client for cost recovery, as well as provide a means to facilitate our need for secure document distribution by email and fax.”
For additional information on any of the Canon products or solutions to be featured at the ILTA conference, visit www.usa.canon.com/advancedsolutionsforlegal.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 According to the 2013 ILTA Technology Survey.
2 You must have a third party cloud based solution to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof are based on the third parties current offerings and are at their discretion. Your third party cloud account is subject to said parties terms and conditions, which is subject to change at the third parties discretion.
3 Compatible with iOS, AndroidTM, and Windows RT phone.
* WU10 Wireless Adapter & Battery Pack is sold separately.
**Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile is available from App Store or Google Store.
Availability, prices, and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 29, 2015 10:30 AM EDT
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 29, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 407
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 29, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 836
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Aug. 29, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 569
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Aug. 29, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 164
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 29, 2015 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 117
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Aug. 28, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 190
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 317
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Aug. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 409
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 172
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater.
Aug. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 203
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 28, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 360
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 357
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Aug. 26, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 114
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 544
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 474
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,561
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 274
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,218