|By PR Newswire||
|March 3, 2008 06:37 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, March 3 /PRNewswire/ -- The Savvy Source for Parents unveiled important tips for parents who are struggling with the difficult decision of picking the right preschool for their child. In early March, thousands of parents across America receive acceptance letters from preschools they applied to for the 2008-2009 school year. Many have still not decided which school is the best choice for their child's development. In addition to releasing tips for parents, Savvy Source released a more in-depth resource, an eBook titled, "Savvy Source Preschool Selection" which is available online at http://www.savvysource.com/.
"There is no question about it, Spring is a very stressful time for parents as they are faced with one of the first major decisions in their young child's life," said Stacey Boyd, CEO and Founder of Savvy Source for Parents. "The studies show that preschool is very helpful in a child's development. The toughest part of the process is matching up your child with the preschool that is the best fit for his or her learning style. These simple tips will help parents focus on the right areas as they make this all-important decision."
The following research-based tips were released today: -- Make sure there is some coverage of the ABCs and 123s -- Ask how "play" is woven into the day -- Ask whether physical activity is a part of a typical day -- Ask if children are able to choose some of their activities during the day -- Look for close alignment with "home values" -- Check for positive/nurturing relationships between teachers and children -- Assess the match between school's philosophy/practice with the personality of your child and your home values
For more in-depth information on the tips, go to http://www.savvysource.com/.
About Savvy Source for Parents
The Savvy Source for Parents is an online community founded by parents, for parents to help parents navigate the incredibly challenging issue of identifying the best educational options for their children: preschools, camps, classes, educational toys, books and activities. The Savvy Source is a combination of Craig's List and Zagats and the goal is to provide parents with a comprehensive and detailed overview of educational options in their city based on the feedback of parents with children currently enrolled in preschools, camps, etc. and to help parents make the right choices for their children at home based on expert advice and counsel.
Contact: Lisa Cohen, 310.395.2544
CONTACT: Lisa Cohen, +1-310-395-2544, firstname.lastname@example.org, for Savvy
Source for Parents
Web site: http://www.savvysource.com/
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- OASIS Approves OData 4.0 Standards for an Open, Programmable Web
- Heartbleed OpenSSL Vulnerability
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- ActiveState Joins EMC, IBM, HP, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP, VMware and CenturyLink to Bring Open Multi-Cloud Platform-as-a-Service to Enterprise Computing
- Cloud World Forum Addresses the Evolving Role of the CIO
- Two Emulex Controllers Achieved Huawei Ready Certification
- Emulex Announces Ethernet Networking and Converged Network Adapters for the Open Compute Project
- Canonical: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the cloud platform of choice
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Research and Markets: Global Business Process Management (BPM) PaaS Market 2014-2018 with IBM Corp., OpenText Corp., and Pegasystems Inc. Dominating
- Lenovo to Acquire IBM's x86 Server Business
- Emulex Optimises Performance and Scalability for Virtualisation and the Cloud with New Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters
- Managed Server Hosting: The Ten Benefits
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (M Through Z)
- IBM Helps Business Partners Grow With Resources for Cloud, Big Data & Analytics
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- 10 « ex bonnes pratiques » à abandonner et... 10 bonnes résolutions pour 2014. Troisième partie : dites non aux Clouds Privés !
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Top 20 Cyber Security Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Java vs C++ "Shootout" Revisited
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Unveiling the java.lang.Out OfMemoryError
- WebSphere Application Server Java Dumps
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- How To Deploy Scalable WebSphere Applications Using "Maven" Build Tool
- Breaking News: New Internal IBM Report Says "Another Flawed Study"
- Profiles for WebSphere Application Server 6.0
- Last Exclusive JDJ Interview With "IBM's" John A. Swainson, Now CA's Newly Appointed CEO
- Developing Java and Web Services Applications on Rational Application Developer V6
- Automated Deployment of Enterprise Application Updates
- Your Guide to Portal Clustering in WebSphere Portal Server 5.1